• Aug 30th, 2017 2:49 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1444 posts
466 upvotes
Ottawa
Pete_Coach wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 6:27 pm
And how do you know who this person is and how do you know that the down votes you received were not warranted?
Accusations and assumptions and making claims in PM's is quite presumptuous? Perhaps that person sees you in a very different light as well (if they had ever even looked at you before)?
I certainly RFD does away with these down votes soon. :)
1 downvote for a disagreement, yes. But 6 in succession in the same thread within a 6 minute span is a sign of a serial downvoter with issues. Like I said, I won't reveal how I know. Only the mods can confirm my findings which I don’t believe will happen anytime soon.
"Doing my part to encourage civil discourse by not downvoting."
Sep 27, 2003
8216 posts
1585 upvotes
Newmarket
sandav wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 5:09 pm
I just received 6 downvotes in succession. I won't say how but it wasn't hard to figure out who it was. I called this person out via PM and the response was very indicative of a child who was found with his hand in the candy jar. What was so disappointing is that this person was a long standing member on the forum and contributes significantly to many threads - totally unexpected. I personally do not downvote and if I'm wrong, I am quick to admit it. Better to move on and agree to disagree. Anyway, I see this person in a totally different light now.
Pete_Coach wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 6:27 pm
And how do you know who this person is and how do you know that the down votes you received were not warranted?
Accusations and assumptions and making claims in PM's is quite presumptuous? Perhaps that person sees you in a very different light as well (if they had ever even looked at you before)?
I certainly RFD does away with these down votes soon. :)
sandav wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 7:27 pm
1 downvote for a disagreement, yes. But 6 in succession in the same thread within a 6 minute span is a sign of a serial downvoter with issues. Like I said, I won't reveal how I know. Only the mods can confirm my findings which I don’t believe will happen anytime soon.
You guys are funny, really.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
28221 posts
4202 upvotes
Ottawa
sandav wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 7:27 pm
Tsk Tsk Tsk. Like I said, maybe they were well deserved? Over and done.
Is it solipsistic here? Or is it just me?
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1444 posts
466 upvotes
Ottawa
Pete_Coach wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 8:18 pm
Tsk Tsk Tsk. Like I said, maybe they were well deserved?...
You tell me...
Sep 27, 2003
8216 posts
1585 upvotes
Newmarket
Pete_Coach wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 8:18 pm
Tsk Tsk Tsk. Like I said, maybe they were well deserved? Over and done.
sandav wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 8:36 pm
You tell me...
Enough guys....
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
13916 posts
881 upvotes
Are there people who actively monitor their down votes? It doesn't even affect the total up votes under your av does it? Don't you have to go into your profile to do so?
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9838 posts
4209 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Ojam wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 11:27 am
Are there people who actively monitor their down votes? It doesn't even affect the total up votes under your av does it? Don't you have to go into your profile to do so?
I think more often, users will check their notifications and see which of their post got the downvote as a form of feedback. Sometimes, you get one and you have no idea why. Someone can simply not like what you said even if your content is accurate.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27744 posts
786 upvotes
Dildo, NL
DiceMan wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 1:26 pm
LOL. I just had to post this. McDonald's $0.67 burgers in Hot Deals. Innocent comment downvoted 85 times.
mcdonalds-0-67-hamburgers-1-17-cheesebu ... #p28105974
LOL!!!!!!!! the epic downvotes in that thread LOL.!!!!!!!! wow.
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Yota Mafia]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
13916 posts
881 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 11:47 am
I think more often, users will check their notifications and see which of their post got the downvote as a form of feedback. Sometimes, you get one and you have no idea why. Someone can simply not like what you said even if your content is accurate.
Oh, I turned off all of my notifications after the update that created them so I didn't realize up votes and down votes sent one.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
8969 posts
570 upvotes
Mississauga
Is there something broken with the upvote and downvote buttons?

I tried giving someone upvotes (thumbs up) but it ended up showing up as a downvote (thumbs down). And it allowed me to make multiple selections, so I tried again to upvote but kept downvoting. So now I have multiple downvotes to a user when I have given them an upvote. Can a mod or RFD management team help me reverse these downvotes to the specific user as it is wrong? Something is wrong with the system, I press the upvote and it registers as downvotes for no reason than being broken?
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1444 posts
466 upvotes
Ottawa
Dumbbelldore wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 1:41 pm
Astonished Face

Wow! First time I ever saw someone get down-voted into oblivion.
People here are getting more stubborn and vindictive in their old age.
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13436 posts
3340 upvotes
Toronto
sandav wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 1:56 pm
People here are getting more stubborn and vindictive in their old age.
Only here?
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1444 posts
466 upvotes
Ottawa
Quentin5 wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 2:00 pm
Only here?
I stand corrected.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1444 posts
466 upvotes
Ottawa
Upvoted you 1 more Quentin5. 3000 upvotes is a nice round number!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)