Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
26337 posts
3154 upvotes
Ottawa
Quentin5 wrote:
May 11th, 2017 10:45 am
Personally I won't condone the bad system by using it
Normally you are correct. This issue has been ongoing since las August with promises made but action not taken.
Sometimes the only way to cope with a bad system is to work within it. You know, "can't beat em, join em" :)
"We investigate in secret so that we don't smear innocent people." James Comey
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
12511 posts
2751 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote:
May 11th, 2017 11:25 am
Normally you are correct. This issue has been ongoing since las August with promises made but action not taken.
Sometimes the only way to cope with a bad system is to work within it. You know, "can't beat em, join em" :)
I can't personally vote trump out of office but i still refuse to support his horrifying ideology Winking Face
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1273 posts
388 upvotes
Ottawa
Quentin5 wrote:
May 11th, 2017 11:33 am
I can't personally vote trump out of office but i still refuse to support his horrifying ideology Winking Face
I requested that all downvotes given by me be rescinded. Now, my record is clean. I've come to the realization that anonymous downvotes is immature, vindictive and adds zero value.
"Doing my part to encourage civil discourse by not downvoting."
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
9775 posts
2874 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
sandav wrote:
May 12th, 2017 2:17 pm
I requested that all downvotes given by me be rescinded. Now, my record is clean.
How (to whom?) did you make that request?
I've come to the realization that anonymous downvotes is immature, vindictive and adds zero value.
Agreed.
veni, vidi, Visa

Help me boost my Downvote count. Please click 👎 below. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1273 posts
388 upvotes
Ottawa
bylo wrote:
May 12th, 2017 2:22 pm
How (to whom?) did you make that request?
Message the moderator.
"Doing my part to encourage civil discourse by not downvoting."
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27441 posts
611 upvotes
Dildo, NL
This thread is fun. I had no idea it existed. I don't think I've ever noticed what's going on with this system, until this new toolbar layout, and me trying to figure out what I've set notifications "ON" for and what is off. Now that I'm disabling most notif's I'm seeing what's going on. I rarely go into discussions, but the last week I have..and boy has it ever been fireworks. I chuckle, because some posts I get equal downs as ups., it's hard to gauge what the responses will be like. From the 'can't parent my toddler who dictates when *they* escape their crib or refuse to sleep, to 'bidets, and crap', to Beck's thread about engagement rings. It's all over the place. Honestly, who cares. I couldn't care less about 'reporting a downvote'. Guys it's the internet, You're putting yourself out there, prepare yourselves to be mocked abused and trolled. If your hide isn't strong enough, revert to being a lurker....and as nasa25 said.....'smashing that downvote' LOL.

Last couple days worth of *adoration*...
Downvote from 1 person in thread: "Why was this thread locked?"
Downvote from 1 person in thread: "Bidet's, Handhelds, Wiping, Washing, Watering Cans, Empty bottles..."
Upvote from xxx pattern in thread: "Why was this thread locked?"
Upvote from xxxx pattern in thread: "Why was this thread locked?"
Upvote fromxxx pattern in thread: "Why was this thread locked?"
Downvote from 2 people in thread: "Luxe Bidet Neo 110 - $33.95"
Upvote from xxxxxx thread: "keeping toddlers in the house"
Downvote from 1 person in thread: "keeping toddlers in the house"
Downvote from 1 person in thread: "Since when do men get engagement Rings? (Hetero), Expanded to discuss,Male Same-Sex & Female Same-Sex cultures)"
Downvote from 1 person in thread: "Do you choose not to wear your wedding ring?"
Downvote from 1 person in thread: "Do you choose not to wear your wedding ring?"
Upvote from xxxxin thread: "Is accounting dying?"
Upvote from xxx in thread: "20% off ALL fidget spinner and cube orders"
Upvote from xxxx in thread: "keeping toddlers in the house"
Upvote from xxxx in thread: "Luxe Bidet Neo 110 - $33.95"
Upvote from xxxx in thread: "Weird interac email"
LOL...that's hilarious. Who the hell cares, keep trolling
Pete_Coach wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 6:54 pm
Being reported by a couple posters as being rude and a certain moderator agreed :)...
ahhh, you have a special friend...nice.

don't worry, you're not alone...I have a special friend also who *agrees*.
Pete_Coach wrote:
May 8th, 2017 11:09 am
...I report these ....
wow, you really take the time? who cares? Is your ego really hurt by them? Redundant q. Obviously you are, or you wouldn't care to.
???unlim CDN air&msging???unlim Global SMS???CD/VM???8Gb???$45
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Tutorial: HotLinking Pics in Posts
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
26337 posts
3154 upvotes
Ottawa
bubble.tea wrote:
May 15th, 2017 7:54 am
This thread is fun. I had no idea it existed. .........
wow, you really take the time? who cares? Is your ego really hurt by them? Redundant q. Obviously you are, or you wouldn't care to.
Who reports? The mods are very busy with all the reports of posts and threads. I believe that you are one complaining about your threads being locked....due to reports from readers?
Who cares? A thread that has 140 or so posts about down voting (and discussed in other threads) indicates someone does. Has nothing to do with ego, it has to do with, as you even noticed, people being vindictive or just obnoxious.
Why? Well, if you are able to give and get props and know who is giving them, why do you not know who gives you the down votes?
Your down votes? Well, It almost seems like you are trying to become the "King (or Queen) of Low Content" so, maybe there is a real reason for your down votes?
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27441 posts
611 upvotes
Dildo, NL
Upvote from xxxx in thread: "Happy Hour 2017 Half Off Any Frappuccino May 5-14
Upvote from xnxsxx in thread: "What are you wearing today/What did you buy today?"
Upvote from xxxx in thread: "Luxe Bidet Neo 110 - $33.95"
Upvote from xxxx, ekrizon, and Galad in thread: "HOT - HP Titan JUXT Stainless-steel Smartwatch: $89.99 ($100 off)"
Upvote from xPxCxx in thread: "United Passenger Forcibly Dragged From Overbooked Plane"
Upvote from xxxx in thread: "Adidas MEN'S Ultra Boost Uncaged Shoe $240"
See the three weeks prior which was more in line with what I usually do on RFD, which is not much, had no downs....but boy, the minute you have an opinion, LOL...I find it exciting to see what the previous days posts yield in terms of ups and downs....literally. If I'm having some downtime at work (first time in several months) and can afford to get sucked back into the 'forum' world.
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27441 posts
611 upvotes
Dildo, NL
Pete_Coach wrote:
May 15th, 2017 8:11 am
.... you are one complaining about your threads being locked....due to reports from readers?
nope you're mistaken. Read that thread and you'll know why I created the thread. Don't assume. It doesn't flatter your character.

Creating a thread in the appropriate forum to get an answer, is precisely how the subforum is meant to be used.

The people who upvoted me, yourself included, I notice those, and just like bumps from a BST-time-gone-by, I like to reciprocate those upvotes. For the downers, we are powerless for now, so just like the chatter, who cares, I have more important things to do than pay them any attention.
..... why do you not know who gives you the down votes?
because they decided it'll be so. Simple as that. If you care so much about it, start a thread with a poll and let's see if the admins will allow it (1), and eventually if the results speak for themselves - if they'll do as the poll hints at (2).
..... It almost seems like you are trying to become the "King (or Queen) of Low Content"...
Oooohhh, a personal attack. Nice!
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
26337 posts
3154 upvotes
Ottawa
bubble.tea wrote:
May 15th, 2017 8:25 am
nope you're mistaken. Read that thread and you'll know why I created the thread. Don't assume. It doesn't flatter your character.
Oooohhh, a personal attack. Nice!
I did read the thread, have no idea why? :)
No personal attack, more of a question of intent. :)
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27441 posts
611 upvotes
Dildo, NL
^ lol..admit it, you're intrigued :). Though we have quite the age difference, I'm sure we could have a thing or two to chat about. @setell & @canabiz & I are gonna get together soon for an alumni hook-up. Welcome to join.

whoa., talk about fireworks!

I got a dozen downers yesterday. LOL., some troll hunted down my last dozen or so posts...from 10:50-noon. LOL.

lol., no intent, you can't judge 12 years of activity by a dozen or two..or three or four posts.
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
26337 posts
3154 upvotes
Ottawa
bubble.tea wrote:
May 16th, 2017 8:53 am
^ lol..admit it, you're intrigued :). Though we have quite the age difference, I'm sure we could have a thing or two to chat about. ..........

whoa., talk about fireworks!

I got a dozen downers yesterday. LOL., .......
lol., no intent,......
Intrigued about what? I can always chat.

No, you only got 4.

You must have intent if you make threads people are down voting.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27441 posts
611 upvotes
Dildo, NL
Pete_Coach wrote:
May 15th, 2017 8:11 am
..... people being vindictive....
Running Tally for Downvotes (Received/Given):
Pete: You received 834 / You gave 494

Dude!!!!!!!!!! that's pretty intense. I thought I was bad, but your stats make me look like a featherweight in the 'I hate your posts' world of downvotes.

Mine: 160 / 36

I can't believe you've downvoted that much.

Next Poutine fest? you can tell us all about your war stories of downvoting your favourite mod...lol..come to think of it, I think I'm guilty of that. haha. I didn't realize they could see that. I must've hit one mod with a handful of downers haha.

No but seriously., who cares. Let the cowards hide behind their anonymity and keep downvoting your stuff, you keep doing you, with a :).

It's funny to draw the parallel with Facebook. In all the moons of 'likes'., they've never allowed a "thumbs-down". I guess RFD knows something facebook doesn't.
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
8923 posts
3257 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I was downvoted for a preference lol. I explained the reason for that preference and proved that people use the product the same way I do, downvoted lol. That preference exists in competing products. I wasn't even the person who started the preference and he was downvoted too lol. I'm sure it was the same person. The funny thing is I wasn't trolling, I'm interested in the product and use many of the company's other products. Downvotes shouldn't be anonymous.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel