Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
2962 posts
333 upvotes
MrDisco wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 2:44 pm
the mods are just volunteers to help moderate the forums. site changes and features are handled by the Administrators. As mods we can offer our input, as can any other user via this forum, but they're the final arbiter as to whether an idea has merit or if it fits in their dev plan.
yep ... agree ... we always forget about it ... seeing you guys locking the threads tricks us to think you have unlimited power ... Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2012
3544 posts
763 upvotes
lubmar wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 2:24 pm
interesting ... it makes sense ... so that would means the mods have no say about it ...
Maybe having no say about it is a little much... but it is clear to anyone with a brain that to their owners, this place is nothing but a database to be monetized in any way possible, and all Internet advertising revolves around ads which are as personalized as possible which can command more money, which is paramount to YPG to revitalize their now penny stock. That's how money is made.

Suppose they drop the feature. Their bosses wouldn't be happy because they are getting rid of a feature that can support their monetization strategies. Sure a bunch of regulars complain about it, but essentially this feature has no negative impact on traffic and pageviews. If it had a discernible drop in traffic, due to it repelling users then maybe they would have justification to remove it. In the end it is all about metrics, numbers, etc. In the end I'm sure that all the people that complain about it just keep using and engaging the site as usual. So we will have the status quo.

To me this is the most realistic picture of what is happening. It explains the vague promises, the ignored posts, the dancing around the subject, the focusing on benign features that nobody really asks for or wants. But I think you probably can't ask too much of them in this context. It's all about the money in the end.
As we all know, the Greater Toronto Area is the center of the universe!
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 1969
2922 posts
1107 upvotes
Did someone ban me from the system for giving too many downvotes? :lol:
Sep 30, 2001
26061 posts
5205 upvotes
hvwozq wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 4:34 pm
Did someone ban me from the system for giving too many downvotes? :lol:
TomRFD wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 11:08 am
Were you giving a single member a lot of down votes or down voting very old posts? You were probably locked out of the voting system because of one of those two things.
Don't talk about it, be about it
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 1969
2922 posts
1107 upvotes
(When) do I get the ability back so I can downvote more?
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
2962 posts
333 upvotes
hvwozq wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 12:22 am
LOL
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2005
14747 posts
1014 upvotes
Thornhill
hvwozq wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 12:22 am
I think after you do a penance, give up TV for theee weeks, help an old lady across the street, and upvote everyone you wrongly downvoted.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 1969
2922 posts
1107 upvotes
lubmar wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 8:10 am

LOL
t3359 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 11:15 am
I think after you do a penance, give up TV for theee weeks, help an old lady across the street, and upvote everyone you wrongly downvoted.

bjl
Can't even upvote.
Now I have to reply to every post that I don't like and create more arguments.
Dec 16, 2015
447 posts
137 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 9:46 pm
Maybe having no say about it is a little much... but it is clear to anyone with a brain that to their owners, this place is nothing but a database to be monetized in any way possible, and all Internet advertising revolves around ads which are as personalized as possible which can command more money, which is paramount to YPG to revitalize their now penny stock. That's how money is made.

Suppose they drop the feature. Their bosses wouldn't be happy because they are getting rid of a feature that can support their monetization strategies. Sure a bunch of regulars complain about it, but essentially this feature has no negative impact on traffic and pageviews. If it had a discernible drop in traffic, due to it repelling users then maybe they would have justification to remove it. In the end it is all about metrics, numbers, etc. In the end I'm sure that all the people that complain about it just keep using and engaging the site as usual. So we will have the status quo.

To me this is the most realistic picture of what is happening. It explains the vague promises, the ignored posts, the dancing around the subject, the focusing on benign features that nobody really asks for or wants. But I think you probably can't ask too much of them in this context. It's all about the money in the end.
To your another point, why would users then use their time to post hot deals without getting paid only to benefit YPG? If there are less people posting then they will have to listen to users.
Dec 16, 2015
447 posts
137 upvotes
MrDisco wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 2:44 pm
the mods are just volunteers to help moderate the forums. site changes and features are handled by the Administrators. As mods we can offer our input, as can any other user via this forum, but they're the final arbiter as to whether an idea has merit or if it fits in their dev plan.
Whats in it for the mods to work for free? Its stupid to add this "work experience" to resume. To what pleasures do mods have by doing this?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2012
3544 posts
763 upvotes
Redsanta wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 1:39 am
To your another point, why would users then use their time to post hot deals without getting paid only to benefit YPG? If there are less people posting then they will have to listen to users.
I doubt it represents much of anything at all, actually, if there are a few malcontents who stop posting deals. This is still one of the most highly trafficked forums in the world.
As we all know, the Greater Toronto Area is the center of the universe!
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
12421 posts
2710 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 2:03 am
This is still one of the most highly trafficked forums in the world.
It is?
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Feb 13, 2017
217 posts
1066 upvotes
Little Turnip Land
I just had a visitor in dire need of an Anticonvulsant mentation drop by. I hope not to have a personality isis.
Are there any free apps or pills for these cognitions?
Downvote from 1 person in thread: "Upvotes and Downvotes"
Mar 19th, 2017 5:20 pm
Downvote from 1 person in thread: "HOT $90 stag bust!"
Mar 19th, 2017 4:28 pm
Downvote from 1 person in thread: "Public mobile increasing the rates of their legacy plans for 3$ on April 1st"
Mar 19th, 2017 4:25 pm
Downvote from 1 person in thread: "Public mobile increasing the rates of their legacy plans for 3$ on April 1st"
Mar 19th, 2017 4:24 pm
Reply from ..... in thread: "Public mobile increasing the rates of their legacy plans for 3$ on April 1st"
Mar 19th, 2017 4:19 pm
Last edited by TheOtherWhiteMeat on Mar 19th, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Brawls break out again at same Chuck E. Cheese's in California & Two 3 year old boys shot accidentally outside Fort Worth Chuck E. Cheese’s "
"Stay Tuned For More Breaking Cheese @ 11"
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16542 posts
1602 upvotes
GTA West
Poutinesauce wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 2:03 am
This is still one of the most highly trafficked forums in the world.
By 'the world', I assume you mean 'Toronto' as per your sig. Winking Face
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Feb 13, 2017
217 posts
1066 upvotes
Little Turnip Land
Joust did a Giggle search

Global Rank 4,907 454

Country Percent of Visitors Rank in Country
Canada Flag Canada 86.8% 79
United States Flag United States 7.4% 12,216
United Kingdom Flag United Kingdom 0.6% 31,382
India Flag India 0.5% 36,046

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/redflagdeals.com
"Brawls break out again at same Chuck E. Cheese's in California & Two 3 year old boys shot accidentally outside Fort Worth Chuck E. Cheese’s "
"Stay Tuned For More Breaking Cheese @ 11"
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel