Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
3021 posts
1180 upvotes
TomRFD wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 11:08 am
Were you giving a single member a lot of down votes or down voting very old posts? You were probably locked out of the voting system because of one of those two things.
MrDisco wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 10:17 pm
Are you going to let me downvote or not?
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
12502 posts
2745 upvotes
hvwozq wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 9:49 pm
Are you going to let me downvote or not?
I think they should, it will show why downvoting is a bad idea (not that nobody can see it now)
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2005
14835 posts
1040 upvotes
Thornhill
Quentin5 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 9:50 pm
I think they should, it will show why downvoting is a bad idea (not that nobody can see it now)
Haha I like hvwozq. Let him run rampant!

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16644 posts
1671 upvotes
GTA West
How do I find out what I've downvoted?

My profile shows 1 downvote but I don't recall actually clicking it. So I want to find it and undo the accidental downvote.
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
12502 posts
2745 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 11:36 pm
How do I find out what I've downvoted?

My profile shows 1 downvote but I don't recall actually clicking it. So I want to find it and undo the accidental downvote.
indeed, i also do not downvote
Nov 18, 2015
244 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TomRFD wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 11:08 am
Were you giving a single member a lot of down votes or down voting very old posts? You were probably locked out of the voting system because of one of those two things.
how do we get the upvote/downvote abilities back?
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2580 posts
543 upvotes
Ottawa
Quentin5 wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 11:38 pm
indeed, i also do not downvote
I finally did my first downvote. Got tired of someone boasting about evading taxes.

However, in general, I think downvotes are used vindictively more often than not, and would like to see that option removed.
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
12502 posts
2745 upvotes
OttawaGardener wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 8:20 am
I finally did my first downvote. Got tired of someone boasting about evading taxes.

However, in general, I think downvotes are used vindictively more often than not, and would like to see that option removed.
Fair enough, i have considered down voting a few posts that really deserved it but since i oppose the system i decided to not to.
I do agree some people make very bad posts but i think the abuse of down voting means its a bad system. I still can't comprehend the point of not just having it but protecting trolls by keeping it anonymized.
There is an expression i heard somewhere, responsible people don't need rules. If people didn't abuse it then it would not be so bad. Protecting abusers is compounding irresponsibility
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
26319 posts
3144 upvotes
Ottawa
Quentin5 wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 10:51 am
Fair enough, i have considered down voting a few posts that really deserved it but since i oppose the system i decided to not to.
I do agree some people make very bad posts but i think the abuse of down voting means its a bad system. I still can't comprehend the point of not just having it but protecting trolls by keeping it anonymized.
There is an expression i heard somewhere, responsible people don't need rules. If people didn't abuse it then it would not be so bad. Protecting abusers is compounding irresponsibility
I agree.
Since RFD does nothing, it will continue to be "abused" and, as the old expression goes, "if you can't beat em, join em". The thing is, if there is no way of detecting abuse except to report people complaining to RFD admin, then the purpose is even less evident. Getting down votes for 2, 4 and, 5 year old posts only demonstrates abuse and vindictiveness as does 5 down votes in 3 minutes. If RFD is not alerted automatically, nothing will change. More importantly, if it is reported and the down votes from the abusers are not removed, it only exasperates the receiver.

EDIT: point proven...someone did not agree so, they gave me a down vote... not balls enough to discuss or give a reason though :)
"Sometimes you’ve got to say what you think!!!" Anonymous
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1065 posts
200 upvotes
Kanata, Ontario
OrangeBerry wrote:
Jan 14th, 2017 6:10 pm
Interestingly enough when I get a notification with an upvote or downvote I view my post and there is no voting happening? What causes this?
Shills downvote everything not positive to them. Happened all the time. Just ignore them. It's their job doing this in order to make a living. I choose to ignore them.

I found there is "shills" company active in RFD. Here is the pattern I found. These people have a few 10+ years old id, these ids are used to promote its employer. And hundreds of temporary ids which created severals ago but only function of these temporary IDs are to attack its employer's competitor.

If you are targeted by this company, everything you did online is wrong. All your posts will be reported as out topic. Everything you posted ( which touched their cheese ) will be down voted.. You can't fight with them other than turn off yourself on the topics they involved.

No way you can fight them in a 1 to N situation. One person occasionally post in RFD vs a company who do shills as a job. BTW, sometimes these company market themselves as a SEO company. They did more than a SEO company do. Let's called them SDV company (Shills Down Vote).
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
3021 posts
1180 upvotes
TomRFD wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2017 12:12 pm
Send me a PM and we'll discuss it.
Quentin5 wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 10:51 am
Pete_Coach wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 3:31 pm
I agree.
Since RFD does nothing, it will continue to be "abused" and, as the old expression goes, "if you can't beat em, join em". The thing is, if there is no way of detecting abuse except to report people complaining to RFD admin, then the purpose is even less evident. Getting down votes for 2, 4 and, 5 year old posts only demonstrates abuse and vindictiveness as does 5 down votes in 3 minutes. If RFD is not alerted automatically, nothing will change. More importantly, if it is reported and the down votes from the abusers are not removed, it only exasperates the receiver.

EDIT: point proven...someone did not agree so, they gave me a down vote... not balls enough to discuss or give a reason though :)
How is RFD doing nothing? I haven't been able to down/upvote for over a month now.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
26319 posts
3144 upvotes
Ottawa
hvwozq wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 1:31 pm
How is RFD doing nothing? I haven't been able to down/upvote for over a month now.
Sorry, forgot that RFD is all about you :facepalm:
"Sometimes you’ve got to say what you think!!!" Anonymous
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
12502 posts
2745 upvotes
hvwozq wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 1:31 pm
One example of enforcement does not mean the whole system works
By that logic if one crime is prosecuted all other offenders have been dealt with :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
3021 posts
1180 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 1:32 pm
Sorry, forgot that RFD is all about you :facepalm:
Quentin5 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 1:33 pm
One example of enforcement does not mean the whole system works
By that logic if one crime is prosecuted all other offenders have been dealt with :facepalm:
There is at least 3 people who can't down vote anymore who posted under this thread, so I am not the only one. I am pretty sure the "enforcement" is done automatically. If it isn't, that means someone reported me, which means you can report others.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel