• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2017 11:52 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
12415 posts
2704 upvotes
hvwozq wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 1:35 pm
There is at least 3 people who can't down vote anymore who posted under this thread, so I am not the only one. I am pretty sure the "enforcement" is done automatically. If it isn't, that means someone reported me, which means you can report others.
My point remains the same. There are many innocuous threads that have downvotes, ask an innocent question get downvotes, post a location specific deal get downvotes from people who live elsewhere or ideologically oppose the deals (thats crazy), and yet again downvotes are anonymous, so you can troll anonymously. Just because some of the worst offenders are banned does not fix the bad concept. Most fly under the radar because they are not the most egregious yet downvotes are almost a given in most if not all threads
It goes to prove my point about responsible people not needing rules, your whining about your inability to downvote, i purposely don't downvote anybody for any reason.
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 1969
2916 posts
1105 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 1:47 pm
My point remains the same. There are many innocuous threads that have downvotes, ask an innocent question get downvotes, post a location specific deal get downvotes from people who live elsewhere or ideologically oppose the deals (thats crazy), and yet again downvotes are anonymous, so you can troll anonymously. Just because some of the worst offenders are banned does not fix the bad concept. Most fly under the radar because they are not the most egregious yet downvotes are almost a given in most if not all threads
It goes to prove my point about responsible people not needing rules, your whining about your inability to downvote, i purposely don't downvote anybody for any reason.
https://encrypted.google.com/#q=define%20whine
I am not whining. You and other people here who got downvoted are the ones whining. Why do you care so much about fake internet points? Turn off the downvote notifications, and go keep being responsible.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
12415 posts
2704 upvotes
hvwozq wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 2:46 pm
https://encrypted.google.com/#q=define%20whine
I am not whining. You and other people here who got downvoted are the ones whining. Why do you care so much about fake internet points? Turn off the Downvote notifications, and go keep being responsible.
Since they are fake you have no need to use them. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I take back my support of you being allowed to downvote in post 92

Yet again you show why downvoting is a bad idea.
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 1969
2916 posts
1105 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 2:51 pm
Since they are fake you have no need to use them. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I take back my support of you being allowed to downvote in post 92

Yet again you show why downvoting is a bad idea.
I don't care about the points. I want people to know that their post sucks, usually because of a very obvious spelling mistake or because they write too much crap, and I would rather press a button than write a comment.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 15, 2012
8738 posts
3141 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I still think the benefits of the voting feature in Hot Deals outweigh the cons, at least for post 1. Just like in the sub-forums where a tip or tutorial has heavy upvotes. The title does not always draw me into what otherwise might be a useful thread I missed. I'm also enjoying the hide feature.

It's whatever engages the user and keeps them here, why I think they'll stay to some extent.
Penalty Box
User avatar
May 10, 2005
26030 posts
2975 upvotes
Ottawa
hvwozq wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 1:35 pm
There is at least 3 people who can't down vote anymore who posted under this thread, so I am not the only one. I am pretty sure the "enforcement" is done automatically. If it isn't, that means someone reported me, which means you can report others.
It seems to me that TomRFD has communicated with you on your problem. Perhaps your record of down voting has something to do with your inability to carry on your campaign?
Perhaps they have done something about the extreme abusers but they have not addressed the concerns of the ordinary citizens of RFD. For instance, had your abuse of the down vote been made visible, all of us may have identified you for what you are? I am in the Penalty Box but see you are not?
"If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it and share it" Anonymous
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
2950 posts
332 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 4:16 pm
It seems to me that TomRFD has communicated with you on your problem. Perhaps your record of down voting has something to do with your inability to carry on your campaign?
Perhaps they have done something about the extreme abusers but they have not addressed the concerns of the ordinary citizens of RFD. For instance, had your abuse of the down vote been made visible, all of us may have identified you for what you are? I am in the Penalty Box but see you are not?
good point ... so why you are in penalty box ? (sorry non of my business Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes)
Penalty Box
User avatar
May 10, 2005
26030 posts
2975 upvotes
Ottawa
lubmar wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 6:37 pm
good point ... so why you are in penalty box ? (sorry non of my business Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes)
Being reported by a couple posters as being rude and a certain moderator agreed :)
Actually, you made me check and it seems my penalty has expired but has not been removed from my name.
"If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it and share it" Anonymous
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 1969
2916 posts
1105 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 4:16 pm
It seems to me that TomRFD has communicated with you on your problem. Perhaps your record of down voting has something to do with your inability to carry on your campaign?
Perhaps they have done something about the extreme abusers but they have not addressed the concerns of the ordinary citizens of RFD. For instance, had your abuse of the down vote been made visible, all of us may have identified you for what you are? I am in the Penalty Box but see you are not?
I was on a downvoting spree because some users always write too much crap. Then one day, I couldn't click on down/upvote anymore. :lol:

This is why I think it was done automatically, not by a mod/admin:
TomRFD wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 11:08 am
Were you giving a single member a lot of down votes or down voting very old posts? You were probably locked out of the voting system because of one of those two things.
No one told me anything directly. It is just what I read/posted in this thread. I don't care about them letting you see the posts I downvoted. Go ask TomRFD to make it public. [..]
Penalty Box
User avatar
May 10, 2005
26030 posts
2975 upvotes
Ottawa
hvwozq wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 9:20 pm
I was on a downvoting spree because some users always write too much crap. Then one day, I couldn't click on down/upvote anymore. :lol:

This is why I think it was done automatically, not by a mod/admin:



No one told me anything directly. It is just what I read/posted in this thread. I don't care about them letting you see the posts I downvoted. Go ask TomRFD to make it public. I will tell you [..]
So you answered your own question...you went on " a downvoting spree"
You were reported and Admins took action.....deservedly so.
"If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it and share it" Anonymous
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 15, 2012
8738 posts
3141 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Continuous downvoting by one user will just get that user's voting suspended, it does not change the person's behaviour who got downvoted.
When you admit you're not even reading the content, that's just spiteful.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 1969
2916 posts
1105 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 8:05 am
So you answered your own question...you went on " a downvoting spree"
You were reported and Admins took action.....deservedly so.
TomRFD wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 11:08 am
Were you giving a single member a lot of down votes or down voting very old posts? You were probably locked out of the voting system because of one of those two things.
MrDisco wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 10:17 pm
Could someone clarify whether it was done automatically because of the pattern or manually after a report?
Member
User avatar
Feb 13, 2017
217 posts
1066 upvotes
Little Turnip Land
Downvote from 1 person in thread: "Upvotes and Downvotes"
Apr 18th, 2017 3:13 am
Guess the antisocial redia camp pain has changed targets.
hvwozq wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 9:20 pm
I was on a downvoting spree because some users always write too much crap. Then one day, ..................................................... :lol:
No one is forcing you to read other than yourselves. Do you down vote out of spite or lack of incomprehension?
I edited out the crap you posted I found unslightly after factually reading it.
"Brawls break out again at same Chuck E. Cheese's in California & Two 3 year old boys shot accidentally outside Fort Worth Chuck E. Cheese’s "
"Stay Tuned For More Breaking Cheese @ 11"
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 1969
2916 posts
1105 upvotes
TheOtherWhiteMeat wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 2:09 am
Guess the antisocial redia camp pain has changed targets.


No one is forcing you to read other than yourselves. Do you down vote out of spite or lack of incomprehension?
I edited out the crap you posted I found unslightly after factually reading it.
What is your point? Who actually cares? This is a forum on the internet, not some serious, formal thing.
Administrator
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
7743 posts
12341 upvotes
Scarborough
hvwozq wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 5:44 pm
Could someone clarify whether it was done automatically because of the pattern or manually after a report?
In your case it was automatic.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel

Top