• Aug 30th, 2007 7:24 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 2, 2006
38 posts

*urgent* cell phone emergency

ladies and gents,

I have a quesiton for the cell phone experts here or anybody who have been in my situation. I am currently on a 20 dollar cheap rogers simple cell phone plan. i recently got a new pda phone from the states unlocked and have used it for a month now. Today, I recieved my rogers will claiming that I have 200 dollars worth of data charges for it (since I don't have a data plan).

I am sure that my phone automatically connected to the gsm network on my turning the phone on, since i never downloaded or used the mobile internet function.

My question is, will rogers be willing to take these charges off if I plead my case to them honestly? or do i need to be a prick and pull the "i'll take my biz somewhere else act *which I probably will if they don't*?

Please, any advice would be great
5 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2004
2179 posts
9 upvotes
there was another case on howard forums where a guy used up $1600 worth of data. Rogers waved it from him. Ask to do the same and disable the data from their side and you'll be fine.
[OP]
Sep 2, 2006
38 posts
update*************

so I called, and the customer service rep was extremly uncooperative, pulled a "well, since it's on your bill, you have to pay what you used!!"

i'm gonna try again later tonight hoping for more cooperation, or else I guess i'd have to cough up the dough?
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3209 posts
89 upvotes
chaos_69 wrote:
Aug 30th, 2007 4:21 pm
update*************

so I called, and the customer service rep was extremly uncooperative, pulled a "well, since it's on your bill, you have to pay what you used!!"

i'm gonna try again later tonight hoping for more cooperation, or else I guess i'd have to cough up the dough?
ask to speak with the supervisor.
Aug 25, 2007
99 posts
1 upvote
chaos_69 wrote:
Aug 30th, 2007 4:21 pm
update*************

Just say you want to cancel your account they will transfer you to their customer relation, then try there
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10077 posts
625 upvotes
Mississauga
happened to me too, just say you never knew they had plans and say youd want to subscribe to one, so then theyll put you on a plan a month or 2 later you can quit, just as long as you show that you want a plan, theyll waive it