• Mar 28th, 2024 6:02 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
saufer wrote: Do I need a US address before I can apply for the TD Bank Cash credit card? I have a TD Canada Trust account and just set up a convenience checking with TD Bank USA for cross border banking. I thought I could get this card sent to Canada but it boots me out of the online application because I don't have a US address on my account. Also one of the links for the application sent me to a pdf I need to fill in and fax to apply. Is that the one to use?
TD Bank banking and credit cards are very separate, and operate almost as different FI's. You'll need an address on the East Coast, but can be a mail forwarding address. They can mail you the card to your Canadian address.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Jul 15, 2016
15 posts
11 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: TD Bank banking and credit cards are very separate, and operate almost as different FI's. You'll need an address on the East Coast, but can be a mail forwarding address. They can mail you the card to your Canadian address.
Thank you
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1505 upvotes
QC
For those going with Smashword, do you need to have sales to your account?
Dec 6, 2010
500 posts
214 upvotes
Mailed my ITIN application using USPS via Canada post, lets see what happens. I used Amazon's pre-filled letter
Feb 28, 2011
774 posts
732 upvotes
YYZ
Received my AMEX Blue Business Plus today. $2k CL, but I did GT 3 months in.
I do not respond to requests that are only for private, one-on-one technical help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate thread where they may help others as well.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2542 posts
1049 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
Snuupy wrote: Received my AMEX Blue Business Plus today. $2k CL, but I did GT 3 months in.
GT is always easy. you just don't wanna be a sketchy GT :))))))) JK.
For now I don't know when I can get another card btw. sucks :P
Give me a J. I'm a maniac and an African expert.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2542 posts
1049 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
Eleventeen wrote: I've done a ton in the last cpl years, so I have like 20 entries. Still get instantly approved for everything I apply for. Likewise ive seen other with 30+ entries and they get instantly approved too, usually with higher CLs then me.
hey last week you and I had some talk back and forth. I called Harris Bank Cross Border Banking line earlier today just for fun because of new ITIN and thing. you know, cross border banking agent confirmed that PIN number can be changed using the last 4 digit of SIN during the account opening process. So it's different dealing with cross border banking agent vs regular Harris agent.
The Cross border lady I spoke to confirm that US CSR agents are generally unaware of this. I should have known better :) Maybe for you it'd be a good thing to deal with a cross border agent rather than a typical Harris CSR.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2542 posts
1049 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
jfmartel wrote: Multiple people reported getting denied because the letter wasn't hand signed.
link plz? fyi Smashword letter isn't hand signed
Jul 24, 2008
59 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
my ITIN was rejected even with a signed smashwords letter. The reason stated by agent was lack of a postmark. The agent wasn't too sure what that meant and asked me to mail the ITIN letter intact in envelope from smashwords... Unfortunately for me, smashwords no longer sends out letters.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2542 posts
1049 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
ti3n1 wrote: my ITIN was rejected even with a signed smashwords letter. The reason stated by agent was lack of a postmark. The agent wasn't too sure what that meant and asked me to mail the ITIN letter intact in envelope from smashwords... Unfortunately for me, smashwords no longer sends out letters.
post mark like a postal mark on your stamp on an envelope? I never heard of such a thing cuz mailing Smashword letter (plainly a written letter) was like inside another envelop with W7 form and certified passport?!?!??1
My smashword letter is like this (amazon same form)
"SMASHWORD your ebook your way (heading)
Date
To: IRS ITIN office
To whom it may concern
Certifying My Name/Address
Account with Smashwords generating incomes etc. requiring ITIN"
Sincerely,
signature (printed)
position.
and footting Smashword comp information..."

hmm. I never gave IRS any envelop beside definitely my mail package hmm.

P/S: when I worked for a mail room I sometimes see no postal mark on the stamp, perhaps that what they try to say? but... that doesn't make much difference unless they thought you were US resident because of no postmark? ....
I might be out of my mind but was your return address a Canadian one or US one?
Try again with Amazon KDP then :)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
7372 posts
9176 upvotes
Montreal
dekvitaly wrote: link plz? fyi Smashword letter isn't hand signed
Of course it is. At least mine was.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2542 posts
1049 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
efrant wrote: Of course it is. At least mine was.
Please confirm if this is hand signed
Original copy. I
Images
  • IMG_20180708_164925.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
7372 posts
9176 upvotes
Montreal
dekvitaly wrote: Please confirm if this is hand signed
Original copy. I
I have no idea if yours was or not. Mine certainly looked hand signed.
Images
  • Screenshot_20180708-195704.png
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2542 posts
1049 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
"looked" hand signed aint the same as hand signed w/ pen... it's an easy feel and I am confirming for 1000% it's NOT hand signed w/ a pen
Btw I submitted an Amazon letter, it was also a printed sig.... so let's not argue over these dumb thing
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10045 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
ti3n1 wrote: my ITIN was rejected even with a signed smashwords letter. The reason stated by agent was lack of a postmark. The agent wasn't too sure what that meant and asked me to mail the ITIN letter intact in envelope from smashwords... Unfortunately for me, smashwords no longer sends out letters.
looks like irs wants the itin letter in the envelope it came with ?

just curious, when did you mail in yr application?
Last edited by LOL808 on Jul 8th, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 27, 2011
363 posts
264 upvotes
Canadia
dekvitaly wrote: "looked" hand signed aint the same as hand signed w/ pen... it's an easy feel and I am confirming for 1000% it's NOT hand signed w/ a pen
Btw I submitted an Amazon letter, it was also a printed sig.... so let's not argue over these dumb thing
I think you're wrong on this one @dekvitaly

Mine was sign by Kara as well and I can notice a slight variation in the signatures, which is would be the case with a hand signed signature.

If it the signature was a digital image I would expect both to be exactly identical.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10045 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
TENSEVEN wrote: I think you're wrong on this one @dekvitaly

Mine was sign by Kara as well and I can notice a slight variation in the signatures, which is would be the case with a hand signed signature.

If it the signature was a digital image I would expect both to be exactly identical.
it would be really time consuming to sign every letter ... could be 1000's of them ...
Nov 27, 2011
363 posts
264 upvotes
Canadia
VH99 wrote: it would be really time consuming to sign every letter ... could be 1000's of them ...
1. That's literally their job
2. Surely you mean 1000s a year?... that sound about reasonable
3. If it's not hand signed, why'd signatures from the same individual vary slightly?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)