US Citizen applying for TN visa to work in Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2019 8:35 am
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
3283 posts
869 upvotes

US Citizen applying for TN visa to work in Canada

Here is an interesting question, kind of opposite to Canada.
Is the process the same for US citizens that wish to work in Canada under the TN Visa rules? This would be temporary project work, that the person(s) will need to travel weekly to Canada for about 3-4 months. It'll be computer system analyst type role, so falls under the LMIA exemption.
3 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2018
10132 posts
10243 upvotes
commie wrote: Here is an interesting question, kind of opposite to Canada.
Is the process the same for US citizens that wish to work in Canada under the TN Visa rules? This would be temporary project work, that the person(s) will need to travel weekly to Canada for about 3-4 months. It'll be computer system analyst type role, so falls under the LMIA exemption.
Yes, I hire Americans all the time on TN visas . Make sure title in job offer matches exactly on what's permissable, education etc. Same as Canada to US
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
3283 posts
869 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: Yes, I hire Americans all the time on TN visas . Make sure title in job offer matches exactly on what's permissable, education etc. Same as Canada to US
So the process would be the same as a CDN going to the US for the TN Visa? I've done the TN Visa as a CDN going to the US many times, pretty straight forward process....Get the Employment/application letter, bring resume, bring original Degree, and apply at the airport.