444 upvotes

FREE 6 mth Netflix with phones at RadioShack

Deal Link:
http://www.radioshack.com/family/index. ... amp;rAdv=1
Expiry:
March 22, 2014
Just find the ones that say "6 months Netflix" on the right hand side
http://www.radioshack.com/family/index. ... 708&rAdv=1

Get 6 months of Netflix service when you buy a phone, tablet or laptop.

Offer good through 3/22/14 for new, existing and former Netflix members. Valid with purchase of any contract phone; a no-contract phone from Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile, TracFone, Net10 or TelCel; a tablet; or a laptop. Limit 1 per product purchased. For online purchases, a maximum of 10 can be earned per order. Valid for 6 months of Netflix service on the $7.99/mo. Unlimited Streaming plan ($47.94 value). No cash value. Void where prohibited. See www.netflix.com/termsofuse for details. ©2014 Netflix
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Offer good through 3/22/14

For example, I picked up two of these puppies so that's equal to a year's worth of Netflix.
And this phone is compatible with RingPlus (similar to FreedomPop) free cellular service.
Virgin Mobile Kyocera Event for $19.99
19 replies
Sep 15, 2008
790 posts
1452 upvotes
Pawtucket
Great deal. I saw this over on Slickdeals on Friday and was waiting for this to go live. I picked up 3 Kyocera Coast's for $10 each and 2 Trafone's for $15 each. Got my confirmation emails. Now just waiting for the Nextflix codes. I think Radioshack is suppose to send you a validation code where you would need to enter it here:
https://thepromocard.com/radioshack/netflix/
to get you Netflix code.

I have no use for the phones but the 6 months each of Netflix is really worth it.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
2343 posts
744 upvotes
redboy69 wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2014 3:22 am
Great deal. I saw this over on Slickdeals on Friday and was waiting for this to go live. I picked up 3 Kyocera Coast's for $10 each and 2 Trafone's for $15 each. Got my confirmation emails. Now just waiting for the Nextflix codes. I think Radioshack is suppose to send you a validation code where you would need to enter it here:
https://thepromocard.com/radioshack/netflix/
to get you Netflix code.

I have no use for the phones but the 6 months each of Netflix is really worth it.
How long are the codes valid for? Are they stackable?

All $10 phones are OOS online, too bad.

edit: Just saw this... The Terms state: "It must be redeemed within 14 days of the qualified RadioShack purchase." That's probably to prevent people from using multiple codes to get multiple consecutive subscriptions.

How do you plan on using 5 phones worth of Netflix? Selling the accounts?

Going to be a lot of people trying to return like 10 phones hahaha. Knew it was too good to be true to just stack like 5 years of Netflix. Of course they thought of that.
Sep 15, 2008
790 posts
1452 upvotes
Pawtucket
CoolDudeClan wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2014 3:27 am
How long are the codes valid for? Are they stackable?

All $10 phones are OOS online, too bad.
According to the Slickdeals thread, they are. See the pics attached in the Wiki. There still might be some $15 and $20 phones. The unfortunate part is that most if not all of these phones are CDMA and locked to their perspective carrier with the exception of some of the Virgin Mobile (and maybe some Boost Mobile) ones where you can port it to one of Sprints MVNO's like the one the OP mentioned

Oh, if you decide to order one, make sure the phone you choose is eligible for the promo. Not all do. It should state on the right hand side "Get 6 months of Netflix service when you buy a phone, tablet or laptop. Details"
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2002
2612 posts
444 upvotes
CoolDudeClan wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2014 3:27 am
edit: Just saw this... The Terms state: "It must be redeemed within 14 days of the qualified RadioShack purchase." That's probably to prevent people from using multiple codes to get multiple consecutive subscriptions.
How do you plan on using 5 phones worth of Netflix? Selling the accounts?
I didn't see the 14 days thing. Well even if they not stackable, makes great gifts.
My plan was to sign up for RingPlus so I needed phones anyway. Why pay $3 or $4 per day when I can have free calls when I travel to the US?
Deal Guru
May 13, 2004
11150 posts
406 upvotes
Toronto
Okay, RingPlus does look very interesting.
Magoomba wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2014 3:37 am
I didn't see the 14 days thing. Well even if they not stackable, makes great gifts.
My plan was to sign up for RingPlus so I needed phones anyway. Why pay $3 or $4 per day when I can have free calls when I travel to the US?
Jun 15, 2011
37666 posts
5425 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Where do you guys get this shipped to?
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
790 posts
1452 upvotes
Pawtucket
djemzine wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2014 9:26 am
Where do you guys get this shipped to?
There is an option for ship to store (if the product is available online) or ship to a US address. I just shipped it to my US address.
Oct 1, 2013
322 posts
197 upvotes
Have we found out of the Netflix codes are stackable?

Edit: ah, found the answer at http://slickdeals.net/f/6735930-free-6- ... ing-on-25?
PER NETFLIX RESEARCH TEAM: Code can only be used once a year per account. When collecting the codes, repeat email addresses can be used. The actual Netflix promo that you get will only be usable once per year per account however.
Edit: as I'm reading through the thread, I see that some people are saying the codes are stackable :s
Sep 15, 2008
790 posts
1452 upvotes
Pawtucket
As per the FAQ's it looks like it should be stackable. However, no one has actually received there Netflix codes as of yet so we won't know until that happens.
The people that went to the store to buy the phone received a redemption code which the they enter online to receive the actual Netflix code. Those of us that ordered online won't receive the redemption code until the phone ships.
Even if they don't stack, I can at least use one and give them rest to my family or return it at the store. $10 for 6 months of Netflix is a great deal IMO.
Nov 25, 2007
69 posts
20 upvotes
Hamilton
has anyone received their code yet? I got the shipping notice this morning, no code yet
Sep 15, 2008
790 posts
1452 upvotes
Pawtucket
Don't know if we're going to get our codes anymore. Looks like someone exploited the redemption site and generated their own Netflix codes. A bunch of people with leget codes couldn't redeem. Its a mess. Read the slickdeals thread, its crazy. Its funny and sad at the same time.
Not sure what's gonna happen now.
I tried to cancel my order last night when this fiasco started but then I got my shipping notification so it was too late. This is so dumb.

UPDATE: Got off the phone with customer service and it looks like the will not be sending out codes to any online orders if the phones were less than $29.99. This is dumb because there was no mention of that requirement at the time of my order. That was instituted after the fact. Looks like I'll be returning the phones. :(
Sep 15, 2008
790 posts
1452 upvotes
Pawtucket
Looks like RadioShack decided to honor the original terms and send the promo codes to all the online orders that were placed before they changed the TOS to require the phone be a min. $29.99. Just got all my promo codes and entered them all. Now I have to wait for the actual Netflix codes.

And it has been confirmed that the codes are indeed stackable.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
2343 posts
744 upvotes
redboy69 wrote:
Feb 27th, 2014 6:38 pm
Looks like RadioShack decided to honor the original terms and send the promo codes to all the online orders that were placed before they changed the TOS to require the phone be a min. $29.99. Just got all my promo codes and entered them all. Now I have to wait for the actual Netflix codes.

And it has been confirmed that the codes are indeed stackable.
Wow now I'm regretting not going for it. I thought for sure they wouldn't be.
× < >