361 upvotes
Windsor

Unlimited InFlight Internet for $10

Deal Link:
Price:
$6
Retailer:
US Mobile
If you’re looking to access Gogo Wifi when you fly, you’ll want to cheek out the fantastic deal from US Mobile which offers a great monthly plan of only $10 per month for unlimited WiFi, which includes iPass which has Gogo as a partner.

However, you can use promo code RPUSMWIFI and save $4 off, meaning you’ll be able to sign-up for only $6 for the first month. You can learn more about the Wifi plans includes Gogo Wifi. You can view a full discussion of this offer from this Reddit thread.
11 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
2117 posts
386 upvotes
Deal is dead.
Last edited by jt05mi on Aug 7th, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2012
1019 posts
361 upvotes
Windsor
I haven't bought the plan yet .. If anyone gets it please share your experience.. I'm planning to get it at end of this month ...
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
2117 posts
386 upvotes
RPUSMWIFI

This promocode is not valid
Apr 10, 2017
176 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
its a monthly billing cycle. hopefully they keep this on. I travel a lot during feb/ march.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
10585 posts
114 upvotes
Ottawa
It all depends what airlines you fly; I fly United exclusively, and only 5-10% of their planes still have Gogo on it, the rest use a different system.
- Absolute
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
1924 posts
410 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Waiting for all airlines to offer free wi-fi on all flights. I'm guessing 10 years or less.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
1452 posts
390 upvotes
Victoria
djdestroyer wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 4:49 pm
Waiting for all airlines to offer free wi-fi on all flights. I'm guessing 10 years or less.
Just out of curiosity, why do you think free wifi is coming? Most carriers charge for bags, and Westjet is massively cutting back on their complementary beverages and in-flight entertainment systems.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
1924 posts
410 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
MaxPower19 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 10:03 pm
Just out of curiosity, why do you think free wifi is coming? Most carriers charge for bags, and Westjet is massively cutting back on their complementary beverages and in-flight entertainment systems.
Good point. It was just a guess based on how inexpensive internet is in some other countries that I've lived in (South Korea, Vietnam, etc.) but I think you're right that they'll always find ways to charge more.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
10585 posts
114 upvotes
Ottawa
djdestroyer wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 3:10 pm
Good point. It was just a guess based on how inexpensive internet is in some other countries that I've lived in (South Korea, Vietnam, etc.) but I think you're right that they'll always find ways to charge more.
I don't really see free internet, as it's not only the airlines that provide it. In the cases where Gogo is used, it's a service that an airline has negotiated a deal with (with substantial kickbacks, of course, on it). Their offering it for free would result in a big loss for them, especially since the cost is often variable based on the route/towers/satellites they'll be connecting to, and the demand of it on an airplane.

Current installations can't handle huge numbers of people - trust me, I pay and expense for it on every flight, and while some are fast, some are so painfully slow. That's part of the reason to charge... eliminates some of the congestion. Mind you, on some flights I can still make VoIP calls with no problem!

New networks are being released (https://www.forbes.com/sites/grantmarti ... 4fb3cc753a), but there is a huge cost to carriers to upgrade/deploy as well.

It's primarily seen as a business use feature, knowing some companies allow employees to expense it. You won't see NA airlines making it free - if it does take off, I'd say APAC/EMEA airlines first.
- Absolute