USA mail & parcel forwarding service?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2016 7:30 pm
Jan 11, 2013
4 posts
MONTR
rf134a wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 11:21 am
If it's shipped by USPS, you really have no choice. The re-shipper is unlikely going to contravene US law to save you the hassle of sending them the documentation. I've signed a 1583 at Pacific Parcel in person and they take photocopies of the ID. It's all about trust. If you don't trust them, don't send them any documentation. Just tell them to reject the package and save everyone the hassle of having an undeliverable parcel. Once viaddress receives the parcel, Amazon's duties are done and you'll have to pay for it.

Could you or someone else explain me better, it is situation only with USPS and viaddress, or between USPS and all re-Shipers. I just want to buy an external hard drive for my laptop in Amazon.com, and don't understand well all process.
I want also receive every 3 months my banks statement or credit card there in Montreal.

I prefer to pick up my stuff in Montreal or delivery to my door.

What can I do or use?

Thanks!
Nov 29, 2010
79 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
is there any forwarding service like packageexpress.com but is closer to ONT/QC ??
May 21, 2012
3 posts
BRAMPTON
After getting scalped by UPS for brokerage fees, I have switched to www.clearit.ca as they are nearby in the Greater Toronto Area.
The last straw happened with a $60 order of Stainless Steel Ground Staples (not available in Canada) were a deal until UPS ground added another $45 and their brokerage and HST on the brokerage added another $65. (USPS brokerage would have been $10 plus HST)
Only one shipment with these people so far, (but it was a relatively big one (for me)) - and US shipper created some invoice problems that I had to help them fix.
Clearit is a part of a regular customs clearance service and was very patient and understanding - as they are a low cost service and do not charge sufficiently for the hand-holding that they offer their regular customers - and were wonderful in seeing me thru this.
Would recommend this service (or a service like this) - if you have no choice but to have UPS ship - especially ground shipments where they really stick it to you by wringing out every last possible cent - then rebill with more charges later.
Nov 4, 2009
7 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I finished reading all 51 pages. Amazing posts with a lot of great infos.

However, my 'shill radar' isn't that good :razz: , I'm having trouble finding a good review.

Basically, i live in toronto and just want to do some casual shopping once or twice a year.(so no monthly fees please) shoes and clothes from Nike, Ralph Lauren, Uniqlo, games and movies from Amazon. etc etc.

So far, it seems bongous, shipito and myusaddress.ca are the ones i'm consider trying. If i'm wrong please let me know :)

Thanks again everyone and wish me luck!
Nov 9, 2003
58 posts
2 upvotes
Calgary
I'm looking to buy a pair of shoes from the NikeID store. I'm getting quotes of over $50 for shipping + duty + fees. Does this seem a little steep?
Aug 31, 2013
1 posts
I can see that it's been ten years since this post Wheel but if your still open to providing details regarding commercial shipping I would appreciate it.
Oct 20, 2009
8 posts
Wolfheart7 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2013 2:07 am
I can see that it's been ten years since this post Wheel but if your still open to providing details regarding commercial shipping I would appreciate it.
Haha awesome
May 30, 2007
20 posts
2 upvotes
leung1111 wrote:
Jul 1st, 2013 7:15 pm
I finished reading all 51 pages. Amazing posts with a lot of great infos.

However, my 'shill radar' isn't that good :razz: , I'm having trouble finding a good review.

Basically, i live in toronto and just want to do some casual shopping once or twice a year.(so no monthly fees please) shoes and clothes from Nike, Ralph Lauren, Uniqlo, games and movies from Amazon. etc etc.

So far, it seems bongous, shipito and myusaddress.ca are the ones i'm consider trying. If i'm wrong please let me know :)

Thanks again everyone and wish me luck!
Of everything I saw so far, I prefer shipito.com Keep in mind of the single T. I saw in previous post that someone put 2 Ts and that site is a malicious site with hidden codes.
shipito.com allows many options including sending to OR for no taxes and magazines to be forwarded to Canada. Being in the west end and not in Vancouver, I prefer to have things shipped directly to me so driving down to the location for pickup isn't an option. Hope that helped.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2010
1416 posts
123 upvotes
I am looking to receive mails. Per package fee is too high. Anything where I pay a monthly fee like 10-15 $ and all my mails are collected and sent twice or once a month to my Canadian address ?
Jan 11, 2008
755 posts
108 upvotes
I know a lot of people call Via Address a scam, and I was very hesitant to use them as well. I recently ordered some Anker batteries from Amazon.com on Nov 20 and sent it to Via Address. They actually re-branded and changed their name to ViaBox in the end of November and their website redesigned. So on November 30 I got an email notification from ViaBox stating they've received the package (about 3lbs), and I was quoted $35 for forwarding to my address via Fedex (which was actually cheaper than USPS option). The package arrived from Elkhart Illinois to Toronto by Dec 3! Considering Nov 30 is a Saturday, it got delivered to me within 2 business days. I obviously had a good experience using them the first time. I thought the re-branding was due to the negative publicity and they wanted to take away the bad press so I was skeptical of their service level - but I guess that IS what they're trying to do whilst turning a new leaf and improving service. I must say I'm thoroughly impressed and will be using their service again. I am definitely not paid to post this review as many said the positive reviews for their old Via Address, just a very pleased customer!! Hope this helps someone and I'd be interested to hear their experience(s).

For reference, my box was 3lb and dimensions were about 24"x10x2" Fedex Priority box.
Feb 8, 2014
1 posts
Leduc
canada_dude wrote:
Sep 24th, 2013 11:47 am
Of everything I saw so far, I prefer shipito.com Keep in mind of the single T. I saw in previous post that someone put 2 Ts and that site is a malicious site with hidden codes.
shipito.com allows many options including sending to OR for no taxes and magazines to be forwarded to Canada. Being in the west end and not in Vancouver, I prefer to have things shipped directly to me so driving down to the location for pickup isn't an option. Hope that helped.
Hey Canada_Dude,

So you have used shipito.com? Just want to confirm, have you had any issues with them and as per your post you said they will actually send your product to you after they have received, so we don't have to drive down and get the product like Kinek?

thanks
Apr 18, 2010
134 posts
121 upvotes
Beaverland
freakyflow wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2013 8:03 pm
I know a lot of people call Via Address a scam, and I was very hesitant to use them as well. I recently ordered some Anker batteries from Amazon.com on Nov 20 and sent it to Via Address. They actually re-branded and changed their name to ViaBox in the end of November and their website redesigned. So on November 30 I got an email notification from ViaBox stating they've received the package (about 3lbs), and I was quoted $35 for forwarding to my address via Fedex (which was actually cheaper than USPS option). The package arrived from Elkhart Illinois to Toronto by Dec 3! Considering Nov 30 is a Saturday, it got delivered to me within 2 business days. I obviously had a good experience using them the first time. I thought the re-branding was due to the negative publicity and they wanted to take away the bad press so I was skeptical of their service level - but I guess that IS what they're trying to do whilst turning a new leaf and improving service. I must say I'm thoroughly impressed and will be using their service again. I am definitely not paid to post this review as many said the positive reviews for their old Via Address, just a very pleased customer!! Hope this helps someone and I'd be interested to hear their experience(s).

For reference, my box was 3lb and dimensions were about 24"x10x2" Fedex Priority box.
+1 No problem with viabox so far.
Mar 4, 2006
115 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
So...for reshipping of items purchased in the US, what is currently safe and reliable? A great deal of information but we are trying to decide if its better to redirect or should we be making arrangements to ship to Buffalo and pick items up ourselves?

As for Canadian Customs how are you treated on the way back--do you declare everything and hope for the best or can we just get the kids to put on their new discounted GAP clothing and leave it at that?

Just wondering....the last time I did this sort of thing THE LIBRARY was a happening place... :razz:
Mar 4, 2004
212 posts
4 upvotes
Kingston, Ontario
Personally I've always found the reshipping to be too expensive and I prefer to go and pick up the items myself (although I'm crossing in Eastern Ontario). I've been using Kinek since shortly after they were an option and I've never had an issue. It's a good option for me but everyone's circumstances are different. The one comment I would make though, is I wouldn't take a chance at the border. I declare everything, as annoying and unfair as I feel it is. You'd probably get away with it 9 times out of 10 but I guess you have to ask yourself if it's worth it if you do get caught. Also, what message are you sending to your kids?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
3356 posts
186 upvotes
Thornhill
bump for some reviews for small packages forwarded.
× < >