Shopping Discussion

[USA] Optimum Nutrition Class Action Lawsuit - Free $48 (No receipts required)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2013 2:10 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Mar 30, 2011
2341 posts
1044 upvotes

[USA] Optimum Nutrition Class Action Lawsuit - Free $48 (No receipts required)

Optimum Nutrition was successfully sued for false advertising on their whey products in the United States.

Products Affected:
- Gold Standard 100% Whey
- Gold Standard 100% Casein
- Gold Standard 100% Egg
- Platinum Hydrowhey
- NitroCore 24
- Whey Gold Meal
- After Max/Pro Complex

Important Information:
- You will receive up to $16 per unit, up to a maximum of 3 units ($48)
- Proof of purchase is not required if you don't have it
- The products must've been purchased from US state, territory or military facility/exchange.
- The purchases must be from January 1, 2008 until November 16, 2012.

To File a Claim:
http://www.enzymesettlement.com/Filing.aspx
15 replies
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2134 posts
1228 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Hot deal on ON Whey!

So rare. Shipping kills it though.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
2921 posts
660 upvotes
Ontario
Hmm I bought tons of this stuff from the states but I'm too lazy to mail this form. I doubt they will ship to Canada.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
[OP]
Banned
Mar 30, 2011
2341 posts
1044 upvotes
AstonM wrote:
Mar 9th, 2013 1:35 pm
Do they mail to Canada? I bought 3 from Amazon.com while I was in the states and have proof of purchase. Would be nice
It doesn't mention if one needs to be a US citizen, only that one needs to have purchased the product in the US. Someone should contact the administrator of the class action and see whats up. Someone should also contact Health Canada and see if their is a class action for products purchased in Canada.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
2885 posts
46 upvotes
"No receipts required" might trigger a lot of false claims. I know the first thing that comes to mind is "free $48"
既生瑜, 何生亮

Ebay Feedback
Jul 5, 2004
21643 posts
1722 upvotes
This doesn't really belong in Hot Deals. Either you bought this stuff and got ripped off as a result of the false advertising and deserve your money back, or you didn't buy this stuff and don't deserve a penny. Either way, that's not a hot deal except for the people who are going to try to scam a free $48 and that's not what Hot Deals is about.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
[OP]
Banned
Mar 30, 2011
2341 posts
1044 upvotes
philelmo wrote:
Mar 9th, 2013 2:24 pm
"No receipts required" might trigger a lot of false claims. I know the first thing that comes to mind is "free $48"
It was posted on Slickdeals so I wouldn't doubt that a lot of claims will be fradulent
May 8, 2007
983 posts
270 upvotes
Deal of 2013...!!
:razz: "Beer" :razz:
:arrow: The cause of :arrowl:
and :arrow: solution to :arrowl: all of life's problems.
"SMART" People always makes SMART Choice..!!!!! :cheesygri :
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1093 posts
203 upvotes
Calgary
AstonM wrote:
Mar 9th, 2013 1:35 pm
Do they mail to Canada? I bought 3 from Amazon.com while I was in the states and have proof of purchase. Would be nice
I hope to know this also. I bought 10lbs onwhey when bb.com had that free shipping in september.
Aug 30, 2008
117 posts
2 upvotes
Scarborough
What was the false advertising?
Deal Addict
May 14, 2012
2585 posts
312 upvotes
Ontario
leaftors wrote:
Mar 10th, 2013 12:30 am
What was the false advertising?
The case is known as Kelly Attlesey and Ryan Coker, individually and on behalf of all others similarly situated v. Optimum Nutrition, Inc., Los Angeles County Superior Court, Case No. BC484769 (“the Action”). The persons who sued are the Plaintiffs. The company they are suing, Optimum Nutrition, Inc., is the Defendant. The proposed Settlement resolves all claims related to the Covered Products, other than claims for personal injury arising from the consumption of the Covered Products.

Kelly Attlesey and Ryan Coker have filed a lawsuit (the “Action”) on behalf of themselves and all others similarly situated alleging that some of the advertising and product labels for the Covered Products contain misleading statements regarding the ingredient Aminogen® contained in the Covered Products. The Action sought damages, disgorgement of profits, injunctive relief, and attorneys’ fees and costs. Plaintiffs have not claimed that the Covered Products were not efficacious or unsafe, or caused any physical injury.

The lawsuit relates to several of Defendant’s products: Gold Standard 100% Whey, Gold Standard 100% Casein, Gold Standard 100% Egg, Platinum Hydrowhey, NitroCore 24, Whey Gold Meal, After Max, and Pro Complex (collectively, the “Covered Products”). The lawsuit alleges that some of the advertising and product labels for the Covered Products contain misleading statements regarding Aminogen® contained in the Covered Products. Defendant denies all allegations of wrongdoing and liability asserted in the lawsuit. The Court has made no determination that any of the allegations are true, and has made no finding of liability or wrongdoing. The lawsuit does not claim that the Covered Products are not efficacious or are unsafe.

http://www.enzymesettlement.com/FAQ.aspx
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2437 upvotes
Niagara Falls
you have to have US address. also, before filling out the form, make sure you know for sure where the product was sold :D it's a HOT DEAL!
Deal Addict
May 14, 2012
2585 posts
312 upvotes
Ontario
Just make them email it to your Canadian address.
× < >