Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Always] USA Roaming T-Mobile, AT&T & Sprint Hotspot *iPhone w/3G HSPA on T-Mobile (NEW)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2016 10:33 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1470 posts
174 upvotes
soblecram wrote:
Feb 24th, 2012 7:01 am
bs...

i just came back from a week in the US. Was on pay as you go with gold rewards (have put in over $100 in the 4 years I have had my prepaid TMo cell).

Added $15 before I left, switched online to $2/day switched back to PayGo when I got back to canada. That way my $$ don't expire, otherwise you have 90 days..

Thanks. Can you confirm when you switch back to PayGo online, you keep your remaining balance and your original 1 year expiry date or is that a new expire date?
Remember to click the Thanks button if this is helpful to you...
Feb 21, 2005
728 posts
62 upvotes
redflag999 wrote:
Feb 24th, 2012 8:07 am
Thanks. Can you confirm when you switch back to PayGo online, you keep your remaining balance and your original 1 year expiry date or is that a new expire date?

1) If you don't add funds while you are on $2/$3 / day, then your expiry date remains the same as it was before you switched
2) if you do add funds while on $2 / $3 / day, it will switch to 90 days. simply switch back to PayGo 10cents, and add funds (I added $5 after I was finished my trip) - expiry date one year from when I added the $5. (provided you have already achieved Gold)
An agressive nature does not make a weaker man a gladiator....

Phone numbers for sale:
613.wxw.xxxy and wxw.xxxz pm me for info
Jan 19, 2010
45 posts
2 upvotes
If you go for 1 day...then its 7.95 for the day with voice/text/data plan.
Kind of expensive...better to go with NET10 Plan (Prepaid)
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1470 posts
174 upvotes
soblecram wrote:
Feb 24th, 2012 9:27 am
1) If you don't add funds while you are on $2/$3 / day, then your expiry date remains the same as it was before you switched
2) if you do add funds while on $2 / $3 / day, it will switch to 90 days. simply switch back to PayGo 10cents, and add funds (I added $5 after I was finished my trip) - expiry date one year from when I added the $5. (provided you have already achieved Gold)

Thanks.

But if I am already in Gold Status, even if I add funds while on PayByDay, it should still stay at 1 year, right? Or are you saying while I am on PayByDay, it will go to 90 days and then I can add $5 after I switch back to PayGo, it change back to 1 year? Doesn't really matter to me even if it changes to 90 days as I never stay that long any way.

So the best way to do this is add fund ($20 for 1 week) before you switch to PayByDay , go to US, then switch back to PayGo after you come back? And use either WiFi or calling card for Canadian call.
Jun 2, 2005
79 posts
104 upvotes
Saint Catharines
i was in the states a few weeks ago, got a ATT SIM, and 14 days of unlimited nationwide calling, text and dumbphone data.

Still cheaper than the site mentioned in the OP.
Also doesn't expire for 90 days if I buy $25 of prepaid.

I would recommend ATT GoPhone for anyone with an unlocked phone
Feb 21, 2005
728 posts
62 upvotes
redflag999 wrote:
Feb 24th, 2012 11:29 am
Thanks.

But if I am already in Gold Status, even if I add funds while on PayByDay, it should still stay at 1 year, right? Or are you saying while I am on PayByDay, it will go to 90 days and then I can add $5 after I switch back to PayGo, it change back to 1 year? Doesn't really matter to me even if it changes to 90 days as I never stay that long any way.

So the best way to do this is add fund ($20 for 1 week) before you switch to PayByDay , go to US, then switch back to PayGo after you come back? And use either WiFi or calling card for Canadian call.

correct if you add funds while on PayByDay, you get changed to 90 day expiry, hence the change to paygo and adding funds when I came back to canada to extend to one year.
An agressive nature does not make a weaker man a gladiator....

Phone numbers for sale:
613.wxw.xxxy and wxw.xxxz pm me for info
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2437 upvotes
Niagara Falls
BBTechZone wrote:
Feb 24th, 2012 12:00 pm
i was in the states a few weeks ago, got a ATT SIM, and 14 days of unlimited nationwide calling, text and dumbphone data.

Still cheaper than the site mentioned in the OP.
Also doesn't expire for 90 days if I buy $25 of prepaid.

I would recommend ATT GoPhone for anyone with an unlocked phone

AT&T doesn't offer unlimited data. Only with $50 dollar plan you will get unlimited data http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone- ... 005ZH4-0-2
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2437 upvotes
Niagara Falls
soblecram wrote:
Feb 24th, 2012 12:28 pm
correct if you add funds while on PayByDay, you get changed to 90 day expiry, hence the change to paygo and adding funds when I came back to canada to extend to one year.

Thanks for clarification. Tomorrow will be picking up T-Mobile sim card at the store. Should I activate on PayByDay right away or on PayGO? Which way is cheaper when I get a new line?
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1470 posts
174 upvotes
soblecram wrote:
Feb 24th, 2012 12:28 pm

One more question.

With PayByDay, do they automatically charge your account $2/$3 each day or ONLY when you use it on the day before they charge you? Thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1470 posts
174 upvotes
andriykoua wrote:
Feb 24th, 2012 10:45 pm
Thanks for clarification. Tomorrow will be picking up T-Mobile sim card at the store. Should I activate on PayByDay right away or on PayGO? Which way is cheaper when I get a new line?

Depends on what you are going to do once you activated the sim.

If you are already in the US and are staying and using the card, you might as well activate PayByDay as you are using it so pay the $2/$3. (this depends on the answer of my question above this post on whether TMo charge the $2/$3 automatically or if they only charge when you use it). Otherwise activate it on PayGo and they don't charge anything unless you use it in the US for $0.10/minute.

Remember, sim expires every 90 days until you have top up for more than $100 (total) then it will last 1 year for any top up.
Mar 16, 2005
966 posts
65 upvotes
Windsor
So can anyone suggest the best case scenario for me? I am using voip.ms and intend on using the DISA feature for making calls. I bought a Florida DID and I intended on getting a Florida SIM. Local call to my DID @ home and I can call anywhere.
Regards,
-P

Ebay
Heatware
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3127 posts
290 upvotes
Markham
redflag999 wrote:
Feb 25th, 2012 6:31 am
One more question.

With PayByDay, do they automatically charge your account $2/$3 each day or ONLY when you use it on the day before they charge you? Thanks

Only on days you use it. Your online tmobile account info will show you whether you've been charge for the day or not yet.
Mar 16, 2005
966 posts
65 upvotes
Windsor
BTW What is wrong with the SIMs from http://www.telestial.com ? $19.95 (+15% discount with coupon: frommers1) for a net of $16 & change and $7 Canada Post. $23 delivered, includes $10 airtime.
Regards,
-P

Ebay
Heatware
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2437 upvotes
Niagara Falls
I am enjoying My T-Mobile service with Google Voice. $2 per day for talk, text and data (EDGE) as I don't have AWS phone that is compatible with T-Mobile to enjoy $3 for (3G) data but I am able to call Canada for free as well as send them a text message using Google Voice. This is what I call Wireless Freedom.

I will post later one the pricing breakdown for T-Mobile sim card and how much money it included.
× < >