Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Always

USA Roaming T-Mobile, AT&T & Sprint Hotspot *iPhone w/3G HSPA on T-Mobile (NEW)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2020 11:48 am
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
3718 posts
477 upvotes
GTA
Anyone know if there are any other service provide which have unlimited talk, text and data usage PLUS tethering for about $3-5 a day? I know T-Mobile does not have tethering on their $3 a day plan.
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
trungngo13 wrote: Anyone know if there are any other service provide which have unlimited talk, text and data usage PLUS tethering for about $3-5 a day? I know T-Mobile does not have tethering on their $3 a day plan.
Worked for me.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1651 posts
448 upvotes
trungngo13 wrote: Anyone know if there are any other service provide which have unlimited talk, text and data usage PLUS tethering for about $3-5 a day? I know T-Mobile does not have tethering on their $3 a day plan.
I was able to tether my HTC Panache (running Glacier One V 1.3) to my Nexus 7 and someone else's Samsung Galaxy W on my trip two days ago using the built-in wifi hotspot. It was not "unlimited" data usage though, the first 200MB was at 4G speeds then it throttled back to 2G speeds. This is on the $3/day plan.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1651 posts
448 upvotes
Does anyone know where to check your progress towards Gold Status on the my.t-mobile.com website?
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
3718 posts
477 upvotes
GTA
1226 wrote: Worked for me.

So then it works, but the speed will be slow when you tether over to your laptop? OR it is slow when the 200mb first 4G data run out for the day?
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20807 posts
6622 upvotes
London
kitty wrote: Does anyone know where to check your progress towards Gold Status on the my.t-mobile.com website?
Goto " manage", "refill your account", "add funds"

look under account balance, should say $ away from gold rewards
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
trungngo13 wrote: So then it works, but the speed will be slow when you tether over to your laptop? OR it is slow when the 200mb first 4G data run out for the day?
It's just slow (2G slow) after the first 200mb. I found it every bit as fast on my tablet as on my phone.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1651 posts
448 upvotes
l69norm wrote: Goto " manage", "refill your account", "add funds"

look under account balance, should say $ away from gold rewards
Thanks. Unfortunately, I am at $0.00. Guess my $10 refill in September didn't count. I was on pay-by-the-minute at the time.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1674 posts
268 upvotes
kitty wrote: Thanks. Unfortunately, I am at $0.00. Guess my $10 refill in September didn't count. I was on pay-by-the-minute at the time.
pay by the minute should count towards gold status
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1674 posts
268 upvotes
Interesting observation.

I am preparing to go to the states and I plugged in my t-mobile sim, it searches for a while and then it shows it is roaming on Telus and i received the usual 2 messages from T-mobile about roaming charge.

Does anyone know when did t-mobile changed roaming to Telus instead of Rogers?
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
1589 posts
676 upvotes
Toronto
Mine says the following:

Rate plan|

T-Mobile ToGo

Account balance:

$33.41 (256 minutes to use by 12/20/2012)
$0.00 away from qualifying from Gold Rewards

I know for a fact that I've only put $70 into this account and the use by date is reflective of 90 days after the last top up. Do I need to give them a call?
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20807 posts
6622 upvotes
London
nutttbar wrote: ...I know for a fact that I've only put $70 into this account and the use by date is reflective of 90 days after the last top up. Do I need to give them a call?
This is the same thing I ran into. I have seen it count downwards (i.e. at one point, mine said $70 away from Gold rewards)

Give them a call and see what they have to say. Maybe the counter is broken now (i.e. shows 0 for everyone)?

redflag999 wrote: I.... Does anyone know when did t-mobile changed roaming to Telus instead of Rogers?..
No, it's still Rogers because most TM phones only have GSM/2G and TM 3G. Telus doesn't have any GSM/2G at all and runs normal 3G.

I know that both Bell Rogers and Telus show up on a phone scan, but my SIM does not register (when forced) on Bell, Telus or Rogers 3G. It only registers against Rogers 2G. It's interesting as well when Im in Buffalo, I can also register my SIM (forced) against ATT as well as TM.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
2011 posts
935 upvotes
Ottawa
l69norm wrote: This is the same thing I ran into. I have seen it count downwards (i.e. at one point, mine said $70 away from Gold rewards)

Give them a call and see what they have to say. Maybe the counter is broken now (i.e. shows 0 for everyone)?

No, it's still Rogers because most TM phones only have GSM/2G and TM 3G. Telus doesn't have any GSM/2G at all and runs normal 3G.

I know that both Bell Rogers and Telus show up on a phone scan, but my SIM does not register (when forced) on Bell, Telus or Rogers 3G. It only registers against Rogers 2G. It's interesting as well when Im in Buffalo, I can also register my SIM (forced) against ATT as well as TM.
After seeing these posts regarding the Canada roaming I went and grabbed my T679M with a TMO sim in it. I'm also showing roaming on the Telus network with UMTS:3
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2005
5042 posts
2739 upvotes
Earth
It roams on whichever network has the strongest network. I've had my phone roam on WIND while in Canada. T-Mobile also has a roaming agreement with AT&T while in the US. It was part of the deal they got with AT&T for the breakup of the merger that didn't happen.
May 5, 2009
193 posts
75 upvotes
I have been using T-mobile pay as you go with a Samsung Gio. It seems the best I can do is "edge" service, likely hardware limited?

Occasionally getting a "H" showing in the service window, anyone know what that is?

Thanks
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
BCguy2 wrote: I have been using T-mobile pay as you go with a Samsung Gio. It seems the best I can do is "edge" service, likely hardware limited?

Occasionally getting a "H" showing in the service window, anyone know what that is?

Thanks
H = 3G certain areas of US serviced by T-Mobile have.the same frequencies as AT&T
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20807 posts
6622 upvotes
London
BCguy2 wrote: I have been using T-mobile pay as you go with a Samsung Gio. It seems the best I can do is "edge" service, likely hardware limited?

Thanks
Its part of a network conversion that t-mobile has in progress for their LTe network. if you go to these areas in the map, you might get regular 3g instead of 2g edge Ymmv

www.airportal.de

Edit ... I just tried roaming on Telus and it works!!! It will not roam on Rogers or Bell.
So Wind and Telus are the 3g roaming partners and Rogers is the 2g roaming partner

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)