[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7031 posts
783 upvotes
Toronto

Usain Bolt lost his last race

Surprised no thread on this...

Never liked the dude, always thought it was a matter of who had the best undetectable drugs. Former PED user Gatlin won. Bolt didn't even finish 2nd and instead settled for 3rd!
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5822 posts
1215 upvotes
Usain Bolt is still the GOAT for sprinting.
Gatlin is 5 years older and beat Bolt this time, albeit Bolt is past his prime. Bolt is 30.
Last edited by XFactor11 on Aug 5th, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7031 posts
783 upvotes
Toronto
XFactor11 wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 10:36 pm
Usain Bolt is still the GOAT for sprinting.
Gatlin is 5 years older and beat Bolt this time, albeit Bolt is past his prime. Bolt is 30.
Hmm, that doesn't make sense then, Gatlin is waay older and somehow beat Bolt? Me thinks the druggers decided to back Gatlin this time around and shame Bolt in his final race.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5822 posts
1215 upvotes
Bolt has never been caught doping although it is possible he might have taken PEDs at some point.
His stance in interviews is that any cheaters should get a lifetime ban from the sport.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/38141761

However, one of the biggest falls from grace in pro sports doping scandals has to be Lance Armstrong who vehemently denied
cheating for years until his method of cheating was unraveled (blood transfusions).

Bolt is probably the most successful sprinter due to setting world records on the biggest stage and grossing
the highest earnings through endorsements for someone in that profession.
tranquility922 wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 10:38 pm
Hmm, that doesn't make sense then, Gatlin is waay older and somehow beat Bolt? Me thinks the druggers decided to back Gatlin this time around and shame Bolt in his final race.
Bolt is 6'5 and once bragged that he ate nothing but 100 Chicken McNuggets each day before setting that 9.69 Olympic record.
He probably coasted on natural talent instead of rigorous training moreso than other professional runners if that is true.
At his best, the fastest time he ever ran in any competition was 9.58 but that was back in 2009.

Athletes have different primes. Wayne Gretzky's goal scoring and shooting percentages took a major nosedive once he went beyond age 31.
Gretzky's career in his 30s was heavily skewed towards setting up goals through assists than actually scoring goals himself.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/player ... zwa01.html

Even in his final NHL game, Gretzky did not record a point and his performance in the '98 Olympics was disappointing.

Jan 29, 2017
314 posts
124 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 10:49 pm
Bolt is 6'5 and once bragged that he ate nothing but 100 Chicken McNuggets each day before setting that 9.69 Olympic record.
He probably coasted on natural talent instead of rigorous training moreso than other professional runners if that is true.
Chicken raised on growth hormones, makes sens. ;)

As for Gatlin he won in 9.92, nothing spectacular for this level of competition. Even with a -0.8 wind we should be surprised how "slow" others were not how fast Gatlin was.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7031 posts
783 upvotes
Toronto
peli33 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 9:54 am
Chicken raised on growth hormones, makes sens. ;)

As for Gatlin he won in 9.92, nothing spectacular for this level of competition. Even with a -0.8 wind we should be surprised how "slow" others were not how fast Gatlin was.
Ya, I've long lost interest in the 100m but agreed that sounds slow. Very cynical so my stance is always whoever has the best undetectable drugs/bribed the most officials, regardless of whatever amazing physical specimen Bolt is...
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1085 posts
245 upvotes
WTF...It truly has not been Usain Bolt's year at the World Championships. He just friggin' choked and let his Jamaican teammates down in the men's 4 X 100 m relay race (today). People are speculating his leg cramped up right after he received the baton for his anchor leg of the race.

I actually think a voodoo witch doctor was hired to jinx him for his retirement races in London. The voodoo spell definitely worked on him. LOL

He does not retire like Michael Phelps on a high note to end his long and competitive career, but he'll always be the best sprinter of all time to me.
Last edited by Mr_Fanta on Aug 12th, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7031 posts
783 upvotes
Toronto
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 5:29 pm
WTF...It truly has not been Usain Bolt's year at the World Championships. He just friggin' choked and let his Jamaican teammates down in the men's 4 X 100 m relay race (today). People are speculating his leg cramped up right after he received the baton for his leg of the race.

I actually think a voodoo witch doctor was hired to jinx him for his retirement races in London. The voodoo spell definitely worked on him. LOL

He does not retire like Michael Phelps on a high note to end his long and competitive career, but he'll always be the best sprinter of all time to me.
Where did they finish? I'm just cynically thinking that the powers-that-be/drug lords no longer hold him in their favor.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1085 posts
245 upvotes
tranquility922 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 5:32 pm
Where did they finish? I'm just cynically thinking that the powers-that-be/drug lords no longer hold him in their favor.
The Jamaican team didn't finish the race. Not at home watching now. Turn to CBC (Channel 5) it is still on to find out more info.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7031 posts
783 upvotes
Toronto
Bah, just saw the replay of the relay, what are the chances of Bolt actually getting injured? Kinda like Michael Johnson faking going lame vs Bailey cuz didn't want to lose fair & square and making up an excuse. Guy finally got exposed, drug supply ran out.
Jan 29, 2017
314 posts
124 upvotes
tranquility922 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 4:16 pm
Bah, just saw the replay of the relay, what are the chances of Bolt actually getting injured? Kinda like Michael Johnson faking going lame vs Bailey cuz didn't want to lose fair & square and making up an excuse. Guy finally got exposed, drug supply ran out.
He got a cramp not a real injury. Apparently sprinters were held for way too long in the waiting area as a few medal ceremonies were going on. He was not properly warmed-up or so they claim.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7031 posts
783 upvotes
Toronto
peli33 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 8:13 pm
He got a cramp not a real injury. Apparently sprinters were held for way too long in the waiting area as a few medal ceremonies were going on. He was not properly warmed-up or so they claim.
If ppl buy that I have a bridge to sell them. Went out not w/ a bang but a whimper.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
1283 posts
479 upvotes
Toronto
peli33 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 8:13 pm
Yeah I smell BS! It's not like the commentators can say "Oh look, is he faking an injury cause he doesn't want to come third again?"

But TV would be so much better if they did say that!