Cell Phones

Usb c cable that works on oneplus dash charge?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2019 7:20 pm
[OP]
Jul 25, 2016
127 posts
30 upvotes

Usb c cable that works on oneplus dash charge?

Has anyone bought a USB c cable from Amazon that works on oneplus dash charge adapter? I can't buy directly from oneplus site because they charge $32 for shipping. The ones from Anker doesn't work with dash charge. It just charges normally and not "fast charging". Thanks!
12 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
22811 posts
2687 upvotes
Montreal
Are you using after market cables with the stock charging plug?

Or are you using a different charger and cable.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10879 posts
1027 upvotes
Buy them on AliExpress and search for specifically one plus cables. Much cheaper and they will work but read reviews carefully to make sure.
[OP]
Jul 25, 2016
127 posts
30 upvotes
mr_raider wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 10:32 am
Are you using after market cables with the stock charging plug?

Or are you using a different charger and cable.
I'm using a dash charge adapter from oneplus and looking for USB c cables that would work with it. Technically all USB c cables work with it but not the fast charging part.
slowtyper wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 8:49 pm
Buy them on AliExpress and search for specifically one plus cables. Much cheaper and they will work but read reviews carefully to make sure.
Have you tried? Ok I will take a look.
BluePhirePB wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 3:37 pm
I have yet to find one myself that's compatible with dash charge but I did buy these off Amazon which charge at a decent rate:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07JYY ... UTF8&psc=1
Thanks I will check it out.

Sorry for the late reply... I didn't get notifications. I thought nobody replied.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3101 posts
529 upvotes
Markham, ON
No aftermarket cables work with OnePlus' Dash Charge, only their own proprietary cables and chargers work with it.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
22811 posts
2687 upvotes
Montreal
EnyCe wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 2:16 pm
No aftermarket cables work with OnePlus' Dash Charge, only their own proprietary cables and chargers work with it.
Interesting. I always though the magic was in the charger, and not the cable.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
6986 posts
1692 upvotes
Funny thing is, with my OP6T, I never even use the dash charge. I like to use as few adapters as possible, so they just stay in the box.

I have no issue getting through the day on a full charge. Heck, most days I have 60% left.

I then plug it into one of the USB ports on the power bar behind my night stand that is only a slow charge, but always full by morning.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3101 posts
529 upvotes
Markham, ON
mr_raider wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 4:11 pm
Interesting. I always though the magic was in the charger, and not the cable.
It's a combination of both. You won't get Dash Charge without either, it must be used together.
Nov 23, 2011
378 posts
280 upvotes
West GTA
You can get the knock-off chargers on eBay, and they DO dash charge, and are much cheaper.
[OP]
Jul 25, 2016
127 posts
30 upvotes
mickman wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 1:25 pm
You can get the knock-off chargers on eBay, and they DO dash charge, and are much cheaper.
Can you link me to one that you're sure does dash charge? Thank you!