Personal Finance

Use Brault et Martineau Desjardins credit card in other stores?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2019 6:20 pm
[OP]
Jan 4, 2019
1 posts
1 upvote

Use Brault et Martineau Desjardins credit card in other stores?

Hello,

I have a Brault & Martineau - branded Desjardins credit card from a previous furniture purchase. B&M partners with Desjardins' AccordD program to offer interest-free financing. I've tried using this card in other stores that also partner with Desjardins AccordD, but I was told that the B&M-branded card is only accepted in B&M stores. Is this true? It seems counter-intuitive to me as the AccordD program is used by many stores.

Thanks!
2 replies
Jun 23, 2018
94 posts
23 upvotes
Montreal
cinergi wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 11:30 am
Hello,

I have a Brault & Martineau - branded Desjardins credit card from a previous furniture purchase. B&M partners with Desjardins' AccordD program to offer interest-free financing. I've tried using this card in other stores that also partner with Desjardins AccordD, but I was told that the B&M-branded card is only accepted in B&M stores. Is this true? It seems counter-intuitive to me as the AccordD program is used by many stores.

Thanks!
I have a Desjardins MasterCard with an AccordD limit and when I purchased my appliances at Best Buy I had to apply for a Best Buy branded CC for the 36 month promo.

I can’t use my Best Buy card at Rona or BM or any other store that has Desjardins as a financing.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
4219 posts
6460 upvotes
Ontario
Buy now, pay later, with 0% interest*
Brault & Martineau, in conjunction with Desjardins 'Accord D', gives you the opportunity to buy now and pay nothing until the end of the grace period. Pay just the taxes when you purchase your item and make no instalment payments during the grace period.

Paying is easy with the equal instalment plan!
Also in conjunction with Desjardins 'Accord D', Brault & Martineau offers you the opportunity to enrol in a simple and practical equal instalment plan. Depending on the promotion, you can spread the entire cost of your purchase over as many as 48 equal payments.

Take advantage of the benefits of the Brault & Martineau card
Join the majority of our customers and choose one of the flexible payment options offered by Brault & Martineau, in conjunction with Desjardins 'Accord D'. Valid at all Brault & Martineau stores, the card allows you to obtain credit toward your regular purchases or your equal instalment or deferred payment plan. No interest is charged if payments are made by the due date. When you apply for a card online, a temporary card will be issued upon approval and can be used online or in store immediately. A maximum of $2,500 can be financed for a first purchase following credit approval by Desjardins 'Accord D'. Your credit card will then be mailed to you. Once you have received your credit card in the mail, you will have the option of increasing or reducing your credit limit by contacting Customer Service. There is no annual fee. Additional card free of charge. Minimum purchase $799.
https://www.braultetmartineau.com/en/financing
Seems to be the case-store use only.
What are Brault & Martineau's store locations and business hours?
We have 9 stores on the South and North Shores, as well as in Montreal, the Eastern Townships and in the Outaouais area. Click here to access our store locator.

Are your payment plans available at all times?
The payment plans are available at all times. You can contact one of our representatives to find out more using the live chat service or by clicking 'Financing'.

Can the taxes be included in the payment plan?
It is not possible to finance the amount of the taxes. They must be paid at the time of purchase.

If an account is not paid in full by the due date, is the interest calculated as of the purchase date?
Interest is calculated as of the date on which your account is due, not as of the purchase date. Therefore, no interest is charged until the due date.

What forms of payment do you take?
When you make a purchase online, you can use your Brault & Martineau credit card, VISA and MasterCard. In store, in addition to the above, we also accept cash, cheques, Brault & Martineau gift certificates, and direct debit (Interac).
https://www.braultetmartineau.com/en/faq-page
2019-roll out the gold carpet! Wins to date: a t-shirt, too many Spotify playlists (not claimed), $25 Indigo gc, $5 Starbucks e-gc