• May 10th, 2019 12:29 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10181 posts
832 upvotes
Vancouver

Used Canon 24-70 f2.8 II?

Thought I might just reach out to the community here to see if anyone knows of anyone selling this lens? I've checked Toronto+Vancouver craigslist/facebook marketplace without much success. Currently contacting people on Fred Miranda and Photography-on-the.net, though most only want to ship to USA.

Anyone know of any other options? Not many used copies for sale it seems!
9 replies
May 11, 2008
622 posts
208 upvotes
Vancouver
I took a quick look, there looks be one at Kerrisdale Cameras used equipment section.
Try taking a look there.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10181 posts
832 upvotes
Vancouver
aznrsx1979 wrote:
May 8th, 2019 12:33 pm
I took a quick look, there looks be one at Kerrisdale Cameras used equipment section.
Try taking a look there.
Happened to just come across that too, thanks! I'll give them a call today as there isn't really any info online. I've never bought kerrisdale but rating seems good. I presume used would be a safe bet there too?
May 11, 2008
622 posts
208 upvotes
Vancouver
Kaitlyn wrote:
May 8th, 2019 12:38 pm
Happened to just come across that too, thanks! I'll give them a call today as there isn't really any info online. I've never bought kerrisdale but rating seems good. I presume used would be a safe bet there too?
I've never bought any lenses from them before, just filters, bags and some other small items but they seem to be pretty good.
They're probably as safe as any place would be for used equipment.

Personally the only local camera stores I've shopped at are Broadway Camera, Kerrisdale Cameras and London Drugs.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
1812 posts
357 upvotes
Burnaby
Any particular reason you don't/won't use a parcel service? I get its riskier than buying from a local brick and mortar where you can see and test the lens. I use the Shell Shipping Station in Point Roberts and have used TSB Shipping in the past but then they raised their rates, or Blaine like many do. Fill up on gas too before coming back.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10181 posts
832 upvotes
Vancouver
amplified wrote:
May 8th, 2019 4:30 pm
Any particular reason you don't/won't use a parcel service? I get its riskier than buying from a local brick and mortar where you can see and test the lens. I use the Shell Shipping Station in Point Roberts and have used TSB Shipping in the past but then they raised their rates, or Blaine like many do. Fill up on gas too before coming back.
Even in US, not that many used 24-70 that I am seeing right now. And yeah, a bit more hesitant to buy off someone in another country and just hope everything goes smoothly...
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
10501 posts
4149 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
The London Drugs on Broadway and Cambie has a small used section - you might want to give them a call as they don't have their inventory online. A new Henry's is also right around the corner from London Drugs and they might have something as well.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11434 posts
5522 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I see a few in the GTA on kijiji, those aren’t panning out? I’d gift card a friend to check them out though since you are west.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10181 posts
832 upvotes
Vancouver
Checked Henrys in Van, they said only place had was Scarborough (1), but that it was listed at $1900 (crazy when brand new is $2150!)

I didn't find any other locals, and a few other remote ones didn't really pan out but I ended up going with the only one from Kerrisdale Camera - great staff, easy busy... cheap Almost seems too good to be true! :o

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)