• Jul 21st, 2017 10:31 am
[OP]
Jul 23, 2011
683 posts
397 upvotes
NORTH YORK

Used Game Spots -- Toronto -- What Would You Recommend

Hey all,

So as the title suggests, I'm looking for some older less common ps3 games, and have been scouring used game stores trying to find them. The games I want are pretty random -- examples include Spiderman 3, Captain America, NCIS, Wolverine, Sonic Unleashed, etc. -- but I only want them if I can get them for 10 bucks or less, and I'm not willing to pay inflated Ebay-esque prices, or if the cases are in terrible condition. I'm also looking for some cheap first gen Xbox games. Really though, I just want to find hidden gems, and get the fun of digging through shelves. I have the next few weeks off and don't mind doing some exploring around the city.

I've checked all the main gaming stores, including Game Centre (both Pape/Charles), Gamerama, Game Mania, etc. Same goes for A and C, although I find they tend not to have fairly inflated prices vs. what I'm looking for, despite otherwise being the best game store in the city.

Where else would you recommend going? In particular, are there any pawn shops or flea markets in the city that stand out for having (a) good selections of used games and (b) good prices? Ideally I'm looking for things in Toronto, but slightly outside the city is fine too.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
1355 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
There's a game centre at yonge and charles. Decent prices. I noticed with trades, if you're game is with a bit more and you want to do a straight trade they'll ask for cash on top.

What paricular games are you looking for on the original xbox?
[OP]
Jul 23, 2011
683 posts
397 upvotes
NORTH YORK
realg123 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 1:32 pm
There's a game centre at yonge and charles.
It's on my list. I actually think they're the best place in the city to get used games, as the prices are very reasonable. I'm there once a week though, so I know the stock they have.

I'm looking more for obscure places that aren't in any basic used games store search, to be honest. The off the radar, pawn shop type stores, that might have a good selection of cheap games, but that don't really advertise on the web.

Thanks though.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5970 posts
1272 upvotes
I think you already listed most of the independent video game stores in Toronto.

There is also Videogamesplus which is sometimes good for rare games sold brand new or PS Vita titles.
Their used game prices are higher than other places and their customer service can be awful.

I like the GameCentre Yonge and Charles location because they also sell blu-ray movies and retro games.
Game Centre's other store on Pape is kind of tacky and in a boring location but I've only been to that one once.

I don't like A & C Games because I do not like going to Chinatown and their prices are higher than simply buying off of eBay.

I occasionally buy from eBay USA sellers to get the USA versions which do not have the bilingual Canadian covers for certain games
for which I sometimes care to get the better version of the cover art.

The Canadian versions often are missing the reversible cover art or inside the case artwork.
The USA version also has larger pictures and larger font on the covers because the descriptions are only in English
and there is only one set of descriptions.

Sep 22, 2011
956 posts
305 upvotes
OAKVILLE
I buy my used games from The Beat Goes On. They have retail locations in the west end (Oakville and Burlington) and have a website where you can set up alerts when a game comes in stock - and order online.

Another retailer like BGO is SecondSpin but they are American and don't have the retail front the BGO has.

I have bought games from both sellers with zero issues.

www.beatgoeson.com
www.secondspin.com
My Xbox Gamertag – KY JELLO
My Bell plan: $60/mo – 5GB, 250 LD, Bell-to-Bell, CD, VM, plus unlimited texting & evenings