• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2019 2:31 pm
[OP]
Dec 24, 2011
259 posts
48 upvotes
Pickering

Used item shipped from The Hudson Bay

Recently the bay had sale 25% off and ordered five jackets one got canceled four got shipped and one is defective and one is used jacket no tags on it and lint build up end of arms dead skin. Same on pockets and around the neck called customer service simple answer return in store or if u wanna keep have extra 10% off the item here r the pics. Please inspect ur items if u Orderd from bay.
Images
  • 36C61B29-1188-4E05-A378-D1A318CFEFA5.jpeg
  • C2075013-E663-4F55-BDCB-D11B3D5AAEBC.jpeg
  • DDF64677-12A5-4C16-BEEF-47747D58B94B.jpeg
  • C74A8BC7-8928-4013-8569-FE25E4631F39.jpeg
  • B3CEF848-0146-46FB-BE8E-E0A536AF4307.jpeg
  • F56C2DAC-14D2-4C1F-A456-5020862038EB.jpeg
  • 14685D4D-E34B-4C5B-AD66-2297C2224822.jpeg
14 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12597 posts
1960 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Some items are sourced from brick and mortar store inventory.

When some orders are cancelled, it's because they couldn't locate the items instore.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11397 posts
6203 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
That's nasty!!!!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
10990 posts
841 upvotes
Brampton
Glad they cancelled my jacket order 2 weeks ago! I ordered a couple jackets from national sports instead. They came sealed in plastic bags with tags on them.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
[OP]
Dec 24, 2011
259 posts
48 upvotes
Pickering
I don’t mind canceling the order if it’s not in stock but seriously used item.🤮🤮 get charged for new.
Jan 12, 2005
743 posts
182 upvotes
Gross! I hope you return it, but prepare for a fight in store too. I was a VIP customer there and they have become such garbage the last few months that I did not reach that status for the first time in 8 years

Several times they've shipped me the wrong items, and said they would replace them, but did not bother. I had to call them 3 times last time to get a refund because they kept hanging up on me just when they were about to give me return labels. Then when I went to the store, they complain that the receipt does not match the item in the box (yeah I know, geniuses). The call centre people even hung up on Bay staff, twice.

Their FB page is full of complaints about call centre people just blatantly hanging up.
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
10990 posts
841 upvotes
Brampton
ariel wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 5:25 pm
Gross! I hope you return it, but prepare for a fight in store too. I was a VIP customer there and they have become such garbage the last few months that I did not reach that status for the first time in 8 years

Several times they've shipped me the wrong items, and said they would replace them, but did not bother. I had to call them 3 times last time to get a refund because they kept hanging up on me just when they were about to give me return labels. Then when I went to the store, they complain that the receipt does not match the item in the box (yeah I know, geniuses). The call centre people even hung up on Bay staff, twice.

Their FB page is full of complaints about call centre people just blatantly hanging up.
I called them 2 times to inquire about my order. The first time I could not understand what they were saying. Second time was a bit better but both times it sounded like I was talking to someone in the Philippines.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
1660 posts
1250 upvotes
cheapmeister wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 5:38 pm
I called them 2 times to inquire about my order. The first time I could not understand what they were saying. Second time was a bit better but both times it sounded like I was talking to someone in the Philippines.
Of course you were. Why would any company want to have expensive Canadians answer the phone when service is the same .
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
5856 posts
1513 upvotes
BC
It's things like this that make me wonder whether online shopping will continue on its inexorable growth path leaving shuttered B&M stores in its wake.

(also delivery to residential addresses and attendant security issues is something courier companies never planned for and even Canada Post finds it overly-challenging and seeks workarounds)

Maybe there still is an ongoing role for shopping malls other than a place for teens to hang out and for old people to congregate in food courts.

They are still being planned and built so I guess developers are smarter than I thought.

Meanwhile, before I take my used jackets to the donation centre I make sure they look cleaner than those HBC ones - easy enough to remove lint from inside the pockets as well to accord new owner due respect.
Jan 12, 2005
743 posts
182 upvotes
cheapmeister wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 5:38 pm
One of the times I called them there were kids screaming in the background and Christmas music playing. What the heck kinda call centre is that?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1245 posts
371 upvotes
desiboy06 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 11:31 am
Recently the bay had sale 25% off and ordered five jackets one got canceled four got shipped and one is defective and one is used jacket no tags on it and lint build up end of arms dead skin. Same on pockets and around the neck called customer service simple answer return in store or if u wanna keep have extra 10% off the item here r the pics. Please inspect ur items if u Orderd from bay.
Was yours shipped from a Bay store or from the Bay Warehouse?

I had the exact same issue, mine was shipped from some Bay store in Alberta, but what I got was disgusting. I got 1 brand new shoe and 1 totally used shoe. I was so pissed off and grossed out.
Images
  • IMG_20181115_212316.jpg
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
24043 posts
9555 upvotes
macnut wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 7:56 pm
It's things like this that make me wonder whether online shopping will continue on its inexorable growth path leaving shuttered B&M stores in its wake.
I don't think it's going anywhere.
Couriers are coming up with solutions to problems (example UPS My Choice) where you can delay/redirect packages, hold for pickup, etc.

Retailers are coming up with free returns which makes trying on easier (although I don't want to imagine the condition they sometimes come back in)
ariel wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 8:34 pm
One of the times I called them there were kids screaming in the background and Christmas music playing. What the heck kinda call centre is that?
It could be a temp working from home type thing, especially if it's around Christmas and they're using it as overflow to the real call center.
Dec 6, 2017
425 posts
167 upvotes
Manitoba
Egad! That sh1t is nasty! I also ordered during the sale but thankfully what I got is brand new and fits me nicely as well. :)
one more deal and I'm out * involuntary tick*.... :twisted:
[OP]
Dec 24, 2011
259 posts
48 upvotes
Pickering
I went to return cashier took back and told her it’s used item I got it in package and nofurther questions and she was disappointed too seem like it’s normal for them to get used items shipped from other locations. Watch after few days it gonna be back on rack up for sale Thinking Facewith regular price tag. Other two items were shipped from Ontario but they were new in clear plastic bags.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8095 posts
2085 upvotes
Mississauga
Glad you were able to return without hassle.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.