• Apr 16th, 2016 8:37 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 15, 2013
9 posts
Vancouver

used P.O. box on AliExpress

I ordered a new phone from Aliexpress and selected the DHL shipping option (3-7 days) as it was much faster than the Aliexpress standard shipping (15-25 days). However, I inputted my Canada Post flexdelivery PO Box without thinking to research about if DHL could actually ship to Flexdelivery addresses. After a day, the package shipped and I was given a tracking number that strangely doesn't work on the DHL website. Then I did some research and found that DHL cannot ship to PO Boxes. Is there anything I can do now to get my money back? Is the PO Box the reason the tracking number is broken? What should I do right now because the seller won't respond to my messages even though he appears to be a very reputable seller with high sales and ratings.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1503 posts
651 upvotes
London
when the package gets to the p.o box and they can't delever it then it should go to dhl depot u could probly still pick it up there. the tracking may not work because it could take a few days after the shipper sends it out to update.
[OP]
Apr 15, 2013
9 posts
Vancouver
aaron158 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2016 8:23 pm
when the package gets to the p.o box and they can't delever it then it should go to dhl depot u could probly still pick it up there. the tracking may not work because it could take a few days after the shipper sends it out to update.

What do you mean by DHL depot? How will I know if it's been delivered to this DHL depot?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1503 posts
651 upvotes
London
just like any other shipping company if they cant get the package to u they will sent the package to there local depot and hold it there for like a week to give u a chance to pick it up.

just keep checking the tracking number and it should show were its at. id give it 3 or 4 working days if no tracking is showing up by then contact the seller.

its also could be they used dhl global mail witch is like one of t hem services were dhl gets the package to Canada then hands it off to the post office for delivery.

u could try ur tracking number on this site https://www.packagetrackr.com/ it is able to track from a ton of dif shipping companys.