Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 11, 2008
362 posts
1 upvote
Markham

Used textbooks

What do you guys do with your old/used textbooks (say if no one wants to buy them from you for whatever reason, course changed textbook versions, etc)?

I have so many used textbooks that are just sitting in my closet and taking up space =\

I'd like to get rid of them for some cash :) Any suggestions? Public library? Other bookstores?

Thx!
12 replies
Banned
Aug 17, 2009
79 posts
Toronto, ON
Well sometimes I run out of toilet paper. Usually I'll rip a page, roll it up and crumple it to make nice and soft.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
2433 posts
40 upvotes
AftComet wrote:
Apr 21st, 2010 4:38 pm
Well sometimes I run out of toilet paper. Usually I'll rip a page, roll it up and crumple it to make nice and soft.
I find my socks are a lot softer. The glossy paper on textbooks make for really tough wiping, even if they're crumpled. Environmental textbooks with recycled paper on the other hand...
Nov 5, 2009
91 posts
4 upvotes
1) The key is to sell books AS soon as you are done with them (ie: end of semester)
This way, people actually want to buy it because it's being used.
2) Post it on a classifieds
3) Try online buy back retailers.

I use a service that compares all online buyback retailers and shows the best price :D
Banned
Aug 17, 2009
79 posts
Toronto, ON
nuberific wrote:
Apr 21st, 2010 4:43 pm
I find my socks are a lot softer. The glossy paper on textbooks make for really tough wiping, even if they're crumpled. Environmental textbooks with recycled paper on the other hand...
Well if I'm feeling really lazy, I'll just use my underpants. But I sure as hell ain't taking them off!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
1318 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
Give them to friends who are younger or happened to take a 1st/2nd year course.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
2433 posts
40 upvotes
AftComet wrote:
Apr 21st, 2010 5:02 pm
Well if I'm feeling really lazy, I'll just use my underpants. But I sure as hell ain't taking them off!!!
Lol you win.

And for the OP, I agree with the other posters about RFD:BST and TUSBE. That's actually pretty good advice for myself. I have a bookshelf full of textbooks waiting to become outdated.
Banned
Aug 17, 2009
79 posts
Toronto, ON
nuberific wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2010 12:16 am
Lol you win.

And for the OP, I agree with the other posters about RFD:BST and TUSBE. That's actually pretty good advice for myself. I have a bookshelf full of textbooks waiting to become outdated.
:cheesygri
Jan 7, 2009
103 posts
17 upvotes
Some campuses have used book stores that buy them for a fair amount. Can always check if yours has one.
[OP]
Aug 11, 2008
362 posts
1 upvote
Markham
i've tried RFD BST and im currently selling on tusbe too but i've only sold 2 books so far out of like 18 that i've bought so far.. ppl really hate highlighted books =( even if the price is lower

ill try the online buyback retailers and loazu like some of you suggested :)

thanks for the comments/help :razz:
× < >