• Jul 11th, 2017 5:06 am
Tags:
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver

Used TV prices/value?

No idea where to post my question. Are there websites where I can get a rough estimate on the value of my used TV? If not how do I set an asking price? Guess lol ?

Thanks
14 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
1919 posts
562 upvotes
Calgary
Check Kijiji for the same model or similar models. Best way is to list it and see what it sells at.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver
Ya I guess. Trial and error. I did look at eBay etc but couldn't find my model.

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2013
6479 posts
3344 upvotes
Kingston, ON
The value retention of a used TV is above that of a used sock, but below that of a used car. :P

Kijiji is a wonderful tool, but it's trial and error. Make a listing that doesn't get you contacted and you've probably priced too high. Get 10 people offering full asking, and you've priced too low. But since there's so many TV models and the resale market is so decentralized (you can't compare prices at a used TV dealer) you do end up having to ballpark based on size/age/features.

There's always RFD BST too.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7971 posts
9092 upvotes
Toronto
trellaine201 wrote: No idea where to post my question. Are there websites where I can get a rough estimate on the value of my used TV? If not how do I set an asking price? Guess lol ?

Thanks
This question could have been posted in the Shopping Discussion forum
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6990 upvotes
GTA
Used TVs, you;ll have to compare with TVs of the same size, but brand means very little. In the used market, the cheaper it is, the faster itll sell.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver
Guess lol just keep it. It's a great TV. Absolutely nothing wrong except I want a bigger screen lol. Mine is 58" Plasma. Great TV.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
Gee wrote: I would look at what a replacement TV would cost new and cut the price in half
And don't expect to get that price. You might, but you often might not. People who would actually buy used TVs (unless it's some high end model) would often rather just get a different bargain model on sale.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver
Ya that's where I'm leaning as well. But it's a great tv lol. I guess I can try. No big deal if there is no response.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 9, 2003
5132 posts
981 upvotes
Calgary
$100 LOL Throw it away LOL Old technology LOL
I apologize for offending sensitivities of alt right, alt left, or anyone in the middle, for humor or perspectives, for my maturity and occasional errors. I apologize for misunderstandings on gender, religion, politics, race or deals.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1775 posts
823 upvotes
Bummer's Roost
Wondering if you were able to recoup much?
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3364 upvotes
Vancouver
Nothing to report. It never went further than my last post. Seems like a hassle and appears people value it low. It's a great Tv imo. I just want a larger screen. Big is better.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
Not exactly. If you are going from a high end Plasma to an entry grade (but bigger) LCD, it is a down grade.

IMHO, if you are looking for something that would match your Plasma for picture quality, be ready to spend more.
trellaine201 wrote: Nothing to report. It never went further than my last post. Seems like a hassle and appears people value it low. It's a great Tv imo. I just want a larger screen. Big is better.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted: