Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Usenet Black Friday Hot Deals 2013

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2013 10:41 am
Jan 12, 2010
185 posts
63 upvotes
12qwaszx wrote: The extremeusenet terms and conditions says "All Extreme Usenet accounts are intended to be single person accounts. This means that only one IP address is to be logged on to the servers at one time. Only the owner of the account is authorized the use of this service.", which isn't really the same as the "you can share your account" tag they have on the side. Might want to contact them for clarification before signing up.
That's a pretty big discrepancy lol. If they can't even coordinate their front page with their conditions... I dunno, maybe not something I want to sign up with afterall. I've actually RARELY missed something anyway. I can just stick with what I have.
Jan 12, 2010
185 posts
63 upvotes
12qwaszx wrote: xsusenet has free 1mbit accounts with 10 days retention. If you mostly download stuff within 10 days of uploading and want to use a euro server as a backup, this is a decent option.
Actually... that's pretty perfect for my needs. Thanks!
Oct 11, 2005
148 posts
60 upvotes
Damn, newshosting won't let me sign up for the promo...I guess it's for new accounts only? :(
Jan 1, 2005
189 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
Aflac! wrote: Damn, newshosting won't let me sign up for the promo...I guess it's for new accounts only? :(
You can email their support team and they will allow existing users to sign up for it
Jan 12, 2010
185 posts
63 upvotes
Funny how people will post on a forum to strangers that can't do anything long before they'll contact the people that can :)
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2005
1705 posts
1031 upvotes
MB
Does sunnyusenet allow sharing an account.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
9000cc wrote: The equivalent Sunny packages are still cheaper than the 12/7 from Extreme...
sure, if you have a european bank account handy to pay for it. I remember the good old days of sunny + paypal and I really wish I had upgraded to a year account prior to them getting booted for good.

I got the $3.99 deal from frugal and it seems to be working fine. it saturates my rogers internet, up to 15-20 mbps, and stuff just flies down the pipe, retention is the only issue, and although the site states 300 days, I find it's more like 450-500 with most popular groups, and 600-700 with smaller areas like ebooks, etc.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
12qwaszx wrote: xsusenet has free 1mbit accounts with 10 days retention. If you mostly download stuff within 10 days of uploading and want to use a euro server as a backup, this is a decent option.
those xsusenet connections are so slow I feel like I'm going backwards in time.

plus, you have like a 10-25gb limit.
Jan 12, 2010
185 posts
63 upvotes
it says unlimited for xsusenet... but my problem is it just doesn't work. I keep getting "authentication failed" (and yes, I'm sure I copy/pasted correctly). I emailed them but no response yet.

I too am so far happy with the Frugal account I picked up. I expected that to be the worst of my current services... but its been spot on over the last couple of days. Speeds are maxing my 50mbit cable. Color me impressed.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2006
1274 posts
131 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote: sure, if you have a european bank account handy to pay for it. I remember the good old days of sunny + paypal and I really wish I had upgraded to a year account prior to them getting booted for good.
Does it accept North American credit cards directly? Any idea on their account sharing policy? Can't seem to find mention of it
Sep 23, 2008
172 posts
216 upvotes
Hamilton ON
JackWhyte wrote: sure, if you have a european bank account handy to pay for it. I remember the good old days of sunny + paypal and I really wish I had upgraded to a year account prior to them getting booted for good.
Which I do.. and I've been helping people from RFD get signed up/renew with Sunny for a few months now. But in better news, Sunny appears to accept Visa and Mastercard again..

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/4pw6yg.png[/IMG]
Sep 23, 2008
172 posts
216 upvotes
Hamilton ON
sunnyd71 wrote: Does it accept North American credit cards directly? Any idea on their account sharing policy? Can't seem to find mention of it
I haven't tried with a NA credit card lately but they used to work. Try and report back..

As for sharing, I've been doing it for a couple years now and this is the final bullet point translated from their packages page:
Sunny wrote:Opportunity to share with a friend you package
And unlike ExtremeUsenet a quick scan of the terms and conditions doesn't seem to contain any language that reverses that statement.

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/idc0sn.png[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2006
1274 posts
131 upvotes
9000cc wrote: I haven't tried with a NA credit card lately but they used to work. Try and report back..

As for sharing, I've been doing it for a couple years now and this is the final bullet point translated from their packages page:

And unlike ExtremeUsenet a quick scan of the terms and conditions doesn't seem to contain any language that reverses that statement.

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/idc0sn.png[/IMG]
I'll give it a try when I get a chance. I have a European Visa as well so will use that if I need to. Might share it as a slow/cheap backup with one or two more people.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2002
3584 posts
262 upvotes
Newfoundland (Former…
All this talk about Sunny, is it any good compared to Thundernews?
Mar 7, 2006
240 posts
98 upvotes
9000cc wrote: Which I do.. and I've been helping people from RFD get signed up/renew with Sunny for a few months now. But in better news, Sunny appears to accept Visa and Mastercard again..

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/4pw6yg.png[/IMG]
Yay!
Thanks for the catch 9000cc.
I loved my Sunny Usenet until it ran out with no way for me to renew.
Sep 23, 2008
172 posts
216 upvotes
Hamilton ON
TheCubeNet Cyber week deal is 30% off all plans which makes for decent deals on block accounts.

See THIS post in the ongoing usenet deals thread for details. I'll try to keep it updated.
Jan 12, 2010
185 posts
63 upvotes
Which is TheCubNet (highwinds, dutch, etc)?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)