Usenet Deals ... Ongoing

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2024 2:16 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
2056 posts
554 upvotes
Mississauga
soludsnake wrote: Anyone have any idea how to take advantage of the Newshosting BF deal if you are an existing customer?

Contact their support and request it. They'll activate this deal at the end of your current subscription.
I've done this with Easynews & Newshosting over the years - their support is very good.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2009
1026 posts
9952 upvotes
Vancouver
sabesh wrote: Contact their support and request it. They'll activate this deal at the end of your current subscription.
I've done this with Easynews & Newshosting over the years - their support is very good.
Cheers!
Apr 23, 2021
29 posts
43 upvotes
NinjaCentral Black Friday Sale - 2 Years 10 Euro (Indexer)
https://ninjacentral.co.za/content/5/

2 years old i think, not used them much but they seem to be okay

Thecubenet have their BF deals up
- 1TB of downloads per month for $2/month recurring DEAL LINK
- Unlimited Usage Yearly for $30/year recurring
UE backbone

blocknews have their omricon blocks starting 25th 10 PM EST / 3 AM GMT.
starts at $1 for a 500gb, increments by .25c
though not managed to snag a low priced one yet. Difference this year is that Omricon related deals won't get much cheaper at a guess
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2014
1852 posts
2469 upvotes
Okanagan, BC
There is an emailed NewsDemon offer that is available only for existing customers who have a remaining balance on their block account .

You can convert your block account to an annual unlimited subscription for $24/year. The initial payment due will be "$24 USD minus any credit for remaining block balance" (see below). The subscription will renew for the same $24/year.

You will also get credit for the remainder of your block.
You will receive a minimum credit of $2 and a maximum credit of the full amount you paid for your block account.
To take advantage of this deal simply email support at support@newsdemon.com and ask about the "Block Account Upgrade Special."
Apr 23, 2021
29 posts
43 upvotes
More deals, more competition, better pricing :p
Probably more deals tomorrow, usually some time limited ones.

Cheapest omricon monthly
Newsgroup.Ninja $30 , no free months.
https://www.newsgroup.ninja/en/landing/ ... sive-offer

Cheapest other
- Viper news $25 (viper backbone), posted above.
- Thundernews $28 Inc VPN (UE backbone). ND will match

Interesting one for people on /OK with low speeds.
Usenetagency 25 - Speed: 40mbit €15, (abavia)
https://usenet.agency/en/order/?promoco ... riday-2021

Although usenight posted earlier might be better if you only rebuild Linux at night.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10378 upvotes
redfd123 wrote: There is an emailed NewsDemon offer that is available only for existing customers who have a remaining balance on their block account .

You can convert your block account to an annual unlimited subscription for $24/year. The initial payment due will be "$24 USD minus any credit for remaining block balance" (see below). The subscription will renew for the same $24/year.

You will also get credit for the remainder of your block.
Do Newsdemon and NGD have the same backbone, ie. they no longer have the long retention times they had before the breakup? I use NGD for most daily downloads but I need something for binaries that are several years old. What should I be looking for in deals then?
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
2056 posts
499 upvotes
Toronto
KHNTVC wrote: More deals, more competition, better pricing :p
Probably more deals tomorrow, usually some time limited ones.

Cheapest omricon monthly
Newsgroup.Ninja $30 , no free months.
https://www.newsgroup.ninja/en/landing/ ... sive-offer

Cheapest other
- Viper news $25 (viper backbone), posted above.
- Thundernews $28 Inc VPN (UE backbone). ND will match

Interesting one for people on /OK with low speeds.
Usenetagency 25 - Speed: 40mbit €15, (abavia)
https://usenet.agency/en/order/?promoco ... riday-2021

Although usenight posted earlier might be better if you only rebuild Linux at night.
Thanks for keeping us updated.
If i have NGD unlimited and a block usnet.farm, what is a good backup to have?
Tweaknews/Eweka? Anything else so far that will find older posts?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24229 posts
43256 upvotes
ONTARIO
So Blocknews is Omicron, right?

I am hoping to pick up one of those 500GB blocks for $1 (although I know it's unlikely I'll get one for that price).

Anyone know if there are any similar deals to the BlockNews one? I am still perfectly happy with my Thundernews $25/18 month promo I got a couple years back, but hoping to compliment it with a cheap Omicron block account as a backup.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
2056 posts
554 upvotes
Mississauga
DougO wrote: Do Newsdemon and NGD have the same backbone, ie. they no longer have the long retention times they had before the breakup? I use NGD for most daily downloads but I need something for binaries that are several years old. What should I be looking for in deals then?
Yes & yes.
Omicron backbones and Usenet.Farm have long retentions.
There maybe others - you can check the /usenet subreddit's sidebar.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
2056 posts
554 upvotes
Mississauga
BobSagget wrote: So Blocknews is Omicron, right?

I am hoping to pick up one of those 500GB blocks for $1 (although I know it's unlikely I'll get one for that price).

Anyone know if there are any similar deals to the BlockNews one? I am still perfectly happy with my Thundernews $25/18 month promo I got a couple years back, but hoping to compliment it with a cheap Omicron block account as a backup.
Yes, Blocknews is on the Omicron backbone.
No idea about similar deals. Might be worthwhile checking out the Reddit deals thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comment ... med_deals/?
Apr 23, 2021
29 posts
43 upvotes
DougO wrote: Do Newsdemon and NGD have the same backbone, ie. they no longer have the long retention times they had before the breakup?
They are both on UE (same owner), so yes another provider / backbone is needed.
Whether you want to convert blocks to yearly accounts is up to you /usage dependent.
I'm going to keep my UE blocks.

UE/ND/NGD state they also have / building their own individual retention. However this seems to mean a local, 30 day server retention.
I.e ND will have their own separate 30day ish server, NGD a separate one etc.
samson wrote:
If i have NGD unlimited and a block usnet.farm, what is a good backup to have?
Tweaknews/Eweka? Anything else so far that will find older posts?
Pick up an omricon block, unfortunately not many cheap options on that front (blocknews tomorrow) .

People go overkill on providers. Imo you only need one unlimited and then one or two blocks, 2 decent indexers help too. Just in terms of pricing, independent blocks are cheaper than omricon, so some people prefer monthly omricon and cheap independent blocks.

If you're doing under < 500gb to 1TB a year of 2000days+ Linux, then independent monthly and omricon block is fine.
Another option is Frugal yearly and they'll give you a 300GB omricon block.
Blocks don't expire so if you're running surpluses then you don't need to re-buy each year.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
2056 posts
499 upvotes
Toronto
KHNTVC wrote:

Pick up an omricon block, unfortunately not many cheap options on that front (blocknews tomorrow) .

Thanks...will try my luck tommorow at 10 PM
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
2056 posts
554 upvotes
Mississauga
soupnazi56 wrote: https://billing.frugalusenet.com/signup/holidays2021 $33/year posted to reddit. like @KHNTVC mentioned you get the blocknews block but also get Usenetfarm backbone to which gives you the omni backbone and an independent backbone.
This is probably the best provider deal so far. Details:

2,600 Days of solid retention on the main servers, US or EU (Unlimited, Omicron)

Separate bonus server (UsenetFarm) access with 1.5 TBs per calendar month; 3,000 +/- days retention

Also includes a high retention 300 GB block account at Blocknews with each yearly payment

50 connections on the main servers / another 50 on the bonus server / another 50 from the Blocknews account

Many payment options including various crypto.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
2056 posts
499 upvotes
Toronto
soupnazi56 wrote: https://billing.frugalusenet.com/signup/holidays2021 $33/year posted to reddit. like @KHNTVC mentioned you get the blocknews block but also get Usenetfarm backbone to which gives you the omni backbone and an independent backbone.
I have a usenet.fram acccount as my backup but i am noticing post from just over 400 days are failing on both NGD and usenet.farm.
Nov 26, 2014
61 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto, ON
samson wrote: I have a usenet.fram acccount as my backup but i am noticing post from just over 400 days are failing on both NGD and usenet.farm.
yea farm and viper and express are all roughly equal imo. just fine for new posts (farm and viper are ntd to) but get out of recent posts its not to good so at least with this deal you get omicron retention to.
Jan 19, 2013
101 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
What's a good indexer? I have drunkenslug, but have been getting some fails on more older content I was looking for.

NZBgeek + drunkenslug be a good combo?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2001
5032 posts
774 upvotes
Toronto
moneybagsdupe wrote: What's a good indexer? I have drunkenslug, but have been getting some fails on more older content I was looking for.

NZBgeek + drunkenslug be a good combo?
Have both and they are pretty good.
You can give a person knowledge, but you can't make them think. Some people want to remain fools because the truth requires change.
Oct 31, 2002
389 posts
62 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Anyone know if the App on Android for Easynews still works with their service?

Are they still any good? Retention speed and price?