Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 7, 2010
596 posts
20 upvotes
Scarborough

Usenet Index Post

I am confused by these files on newsgroups. How do you know what they contain?
Goodlife Fitness SUCKS
18 replies
[OP]
Sep 7, 2010
596 posts
20 upvotes
Scarborough
eldiablo wrote:
Aug 10th, 2013 10:50 am
just another method to get around DMCA auto-bots
OK, sure. I figured as much. But how do WE get around it to know what the files are? I only have a block account, so I can't go downloading everything..
Goodlife Fitness SUCKS
Penalty Box
Feb 10, 2007
9451 posts
885 upvotes
get a nzb site account
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
[OP]
Sep 7, 2010
596 posts
20 upvotes
Scarborough
sexyj wrote:
Aug 10th, 2013 7:50 pm
get a nzb site account
Where? I use *****.info for my nzbs, and it doesn't help.
Goodlife Fitness SUCKS
Penalty Box
Feb 10, 2007
9451 posts
885 upvotes
if you already use nzb, when do you still need to read index post ?
Jack Bauer wrote:
Aug 11th, 2013 4:17 am
Where? I use *****.info for my nzbs, and it doesn't help.
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
[OP]
Sep 7, 2010
596 posts
20 upvotes
Scarborough
sexyj wrote:
Aug 12th, 2013 3:57 pm
if you already use nzb, when do you still need to read index post ?
When I go to that site( bin---search.info).. it says "usenet index post" for a lot of files. There's no way to see what it contains that I know of without downloading.
Goodlife Fitness SUCKS
Feb 14, 2013
396 posts
42 upvotes
Montreal
Jack Bauer wrote:
Aug 13th, 2013 5:25 am
When I go to that site( bin---search.info).. it says "usenet index post" for a lot of files. There's no way to see what it contains that I know of without downloading.
Click "Collection". Ex. If you search whatever, you will see "collection" under the file name. if you are happy with what you see and you are in the collection list you Inverse then create NZB. Once downloaded you click your NZB and your software open to download the files you requested.
[OP]
Sep 7, 2010
596 posts
20 upvotes
Scarborough
cmkslivt wrote:
Aug 13th, 2013 1:47 pm
Click "Collection". Ex. If you search whatever, you will see "collection" under the file name. if you are happy with what you see and you are in the collection list you Inverse then create NZB. Once downloaded you click your NZB and your software open to download the files you requested.
What if there is no collection?
Ex. [url]http://*****.info/browse.php?bg=alt.binaries.e-book.technical[/url]
Goodlife Fitness SUCKS
Feb 14, 2013
396 posts
42 upvotes
Montreal
Then you see the extension directly... there's PDF, EPUB.

PAR files are used to repair
[OP]
Sep 7, 2010
596 posts
20 upvotes
Scarborough
cmkslivt wrote:
Aug 15th, 2013 12:58 am
Then you see the extension directly... there's PDF, EPUB.

PAR files are used to repair
Err.. no. This is what I see (too bad I can't put links to this site in RFD!)
"Usenet Index Post 1376660107_2 yEnc (1/01)" NzbIndexer@alt.binaries.e-book.technical 17-Aug
"Usenet Index Post 1376660107 yEnc (1/01)" NzbIndexer@alt.binaries.e-book.technical 17-Aug
"Usenet Index Post 1376755484_2 yEnc (1/01)" NzbIndexer@alt.binaries.e-book.technical 17-Aug
"Usenet Index Post 1376755484_1 yEnc (1/01)" NzbIndexer@alt.binaries.e-book.technical 17-Aug
"Usenet Index Post 1376755484 yEnc (1/01)" NzbIndexer@alt.binaries.e-book.technical 17-Aug
"Usenet Index Post 1376762715_2 yEnc (1/01)" NzbIndexer@alt.binaries.e-book.technical 17-Aug

I need to figure out how to decode what these files actually are!
Goodlife Fitness SUCKS
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2640 upvotes
Vancouver
I see a lot of postings now which have the name of a downloadable file, but it's just a text post saying "search for xxxxx", a numeric code, and the actual downloadable file is identified only by the numeric code. I presume that's a DMCA evasion thing as well?
Oct 24, 2003
797 posts
15 upvotes
JamesA1 wrote:
Aug 18th, 2013 3:54 pm
I see a lot of postings now which have the name of a downloadable file, but it's just a text post saying "search for xxxxx", a numeric code, and the actual downloadable file is identified only by the numeric code. I presume that's a DMCA evasion thing as well?
correct!

the upload groups have their own naming scheme, which isnt shared by many.

old sites like nzbmatrix were in on the secrets and would show you only the actual names. but that is also the reason, they're no longer around.
when running your own indexing site (like newznab and alike) there are options to look deeper into the nzb/rar files, and it MAY show the proper name. but even those may not be in on the naming schemes. so you're ***** outta luck mostly lol. it's the sad truth.
hence why the PB is still king, when your looking for something specific.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3146 posts
226 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
Is anybody aware of any usenet promotions right now?
× < >