• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2012 12:32 am
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2003
2594 posts
10 upvotes
dorje wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2012 9:34 am
^^^ Newsdemon has DMCA probs, lately most of the new releases get taken down right away. i currently have their unlimited $6.99 plan.
if it matters.
same, a few shows i watch are like that, i wonder whats going on though, its not by network or anything, its based on shows.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
3211 posts
112 upvotes
Georgetown
NGD has a 500 for $18 deal on again....
Jul 18, 2007
62 posts
74 upvotes
Markham
newgroupdirect 500gb/$18 is back up, just ordered
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
3419 posts
426 upvotes
Kingston
Right Now I Pay $10.50/month for Ngroups.net

Unlimited
1200+ retention (not really...never been able to download anything over like 800-900 days)
30 connections (SHARING WORKS. I share with a friend - 15 connections each)
EU/US servers
SSL
Free 50GB VPN Service
Unlimited Online Storage

Think its better to go to Thundernews instead??
I think someone mentioned that they have been able to share.
Are they good?
It looks like they have one with VPN, but I cant tell if it is included or not. It says they all include VPN for an extra $6
Not that I use VPN that often but its nice to be able to switch it on when I want for Hulu and US Netflix..

Not sure what to do.

** Also, cant tell are their deals only for the first month? or every month until you cancel?? Hard to tell. Site's kinda confusing
Dec 27, 2005
911 posts
185 upvotes
^^ ^^

Can I log in from multiple computers?
Our accounts are designed for single users and their immediate families. You may not share accounts. You may connect from multiple IP addresses with ThunderNews accounts that have a defined usage quantity per month. Unlimited accounts are not allowed to connect from multiple IP addresses. Our Acceptable Use Policy outlines our policy on account usage.

All Cyber Monday deals include a voucher code to obtain OctaneVPN service for only $5.99/month good for life of account.
The Cyber Monday deals price are for the whole time you are with them. The Unlimited +VPN /Mo SSL - $11.99 and the Unlimited/Mo SSL - $7.99

You can install this add on for Firefox to watch Netflix and Hulu for free on your computer. https://www.mediahint.com/
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
1752 posts
364 upvotes
Kelowna
So my router has an IP address that would be shared by all my computers behind it. If I got the thundernews subscription and was downloading on my server box and my main computer behind the router, is that going to be an issue? I would hate to have to download only on one!

I pulled the trigger anyways and used that Black Friday 2011 link that was posted back in post #62 and I was only billed $7.50 instead of $7.99! :)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
5752 posts
5346 upvotes
GT-EH
looks like newsbin2.es is gone too :(
I just like to collect things! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
May 5, 2009
287 posts
65 upvotes
Montreal
I'm with ThecubeNet for a while now. For the past month or so, the amount of incomplete are extremely high, like 1 every 3 D/L... Are takedowns targetting Highwinds only or all usenet? What is the best backup plan for me over TheCubeNet? The things I'm downloading have barely 2 or 3 weeks age so nothing with crazy retention....
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2002
4985 posts
416 upvotes
exeon wrote:
Dec 8th, 2012 9:19 am
I'm with ThecubeNet for a while now. For the past month or so, the amount of incomplete are extremely high, like 1 every 3 D/L... Are takedowns targetting Highwinds only or all usenet? What is the best backup plan for me over TheCubeNet? The things I'm downloading have barely 2 or 3 weeks age so nothing with crazy retention....
Best free solution...
  1. setup TheCubeNet's US server as primary
  2. setup TheCubeNet's EU server as backup (# of connections for US + EU server = your total allowed for your account)
  3. setup Xsusenet's free account as backup
For paid backup/fill accounts with higher retention, checkout the other permanent usenet thread (in permanent hot deal threads). The last few pages have suggestions/tests by our users for fully-EU based providers.
May 5, 2009
287 posts
65 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks Brandon. I don't mind paying if it actually works.
My question was more on the takedowns. Are they targetting only US providers? I don't want to pay for another provider and end up having 80% incomplete again...
I have both US and EU setup for TCN as primary/backup already and I still get this crap. Both are set as SSL if that matters...

*edit*
I looked at your first post and I see blocknews.net is not on Highwind. So I presume this should be what I go for? Have TheCubeNet as primary and Highwind as backup? By the way, the link on blocknews website does not work (http://billing.blocknews.net/signup.php?price_group=-3). Or should I go to a european server...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2003
8809 posts
112 upvotes
Which one of these gives good consistent speeds at Astraweb's awesome prices.

I'm paying for that yearly $96 astraweb deal, but it doesn't seem to be maxing out my 75+mbit connection.. Tried all the ssl servers, but no dice, even with 20 connections.

Edit: Ah it seems the DMCA is the reason why I'm not able to grab some stuff :)
it's me ramin.
Apr 24, 2005
248 posts
6 upvotes
NOOOO! They took down nzbmatrix, by far the best indexing site. I hear Newsleecher has really good super search as well but would mean changing from newsgroupdirect.com $6/month unlimited everything, 50 connections, 1600 day retentions to similar plan except $8.49/month with newsleecher and 30 connections and 1300 day retentions! Any thoughts? Does the search on newsleecher work well enough to justify the cost. Has anyone found any other worthwhile indexing sites. Only other sort of alternative is nzbclub.com but no where near as good as NZBMATRIX, RIP!!!
× < >