Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
UsenetServer

12-month unlimited plan $20 ($1.67 USD/month) + VPN included - lifetime subscription

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2019 2:33 am
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24228 posts
43256 upvotes
ONTARIO

12-month unlimited plan $20 ($1.67 USD/month) + VPN included - lifetime subscription

Deal Link:
Retailer:
UsenetServer
UsenetServer is currently offering their 12-month unlimited plan for $20 USD/year (92% discount). Price works out to $1.67 USD/month. This subscription also includes access to their VPN as well. The subscription will renew at the same price each year.

This is so cheap. I have no idea how they can afford to offer this. I can't imagine they are making money on this.

https://accounts.usenetserver.com/regis ... l&rate=107
Your Plan Includes:
92% Lifetime Discount
Unlimited Downloads
3962 Days Retention
Free Unlimited Usenet Search
Unlimited Speed
60 SSL-Secured Connections
US and European Server Access
FREE Zero-Log VPN Included
Our VPN protects your privacy and online data. Secure your email, web, streaming, and P2P traffic today.
Last edited by BobSagget on Jun 21st, 2019 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
68 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24228 posts
43256 upvotes
ONTARIO
Also apparently NewsDemon.com will match this price if you email them at match@NewsDemon.com
So if you're with NewsDemon already or just prefer them, it might be worth it to email them and reference this promotion
Last edited by BobSagget on Jun 22nd, 2019 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 10, 2008
500 posts
181 upvotes
Ottawa
OMG, I thought I was doing well with the $4 a month account from NGD. This will save me over 50% more and also includes a free VPN like NGD, seems every couple years I manage to keep cutting my service fees in half or more. Thanks for the heads up.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3763 posts
1545 upvotes
Montreal
any good for other country netflix and torrent?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
2877 posts
2840 upvotes
Ottawa
What's the unlimited search? Is that an indexer?
I don't think newsdemon has it

How does it compare to Newsdemon?
Also, sometimes when I try to download stuff, it says it isn't healthy enough and the download stops, is this caused by where the file is posted or from newsdemon? If I switch to another usenet, is there a chance the file will be healthier?
Oct 17, 2003
85 posts
18 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP! I was on a $40 plan and this will save me 50%. Sent NewsDemon an email to price match. Hopefully they will come through.
Apr 12, 2005
853 posts
4753 upvotes
Thanks OP. Works out to $27.26 CAD. Great deal.
PSN: sixb0nes
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2012
1175 posts
446 upvotes
Ottawa
Yea, they only have 3 servers, US, EU, and wherever the other one is, from a VPN standpoint its useless. The latency for one. For usenet, if you don't download every file on the net better just buy blocks, they don't require a subscription. I bought 2TB block for about $10, 2y in I still have about 1.5TB.

And then buy a real VPN lifetime sub for about $30 from stacksocial.
Last edited by WellHung on Jun 22nd, 2019 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 17, 2006
708 posts
272 upvotes
Never used newsgroup. So what software do you use with this subscription for search and download?
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5071 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
BobSagget wrote: Also apparently NewsDemon.com will match this price if you email them at match@NewsDemon.com
So if you're with NewsDemon already or just prefer them, it might be worth it to email them and reference this promotion
Thanks i just emailed them, i'm with newsdemon and very happy with them but paying less is always nice haha.

This is an amazing deal.
Jul 19, 2015
798 posts
1014 upvotes
London, ON
Thx OP, signed up even though I have newsdemon already for another year, really can't pass this one up for this price, never seen anything this low. Now just need a crazy deal like this for an alternative to highwinds backbone other then just usenetfarm I have a block for.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
2877 posts
2840 upvotes
Ottawa
ks_tiwari wrote: Never used newsgroup. So what software do you use with this subscription for search and download?
Check reddit /r/usenet, they have a list of free and paid indexers, some require an invitation (there is another subreddit for that, I think /r/usenet invite)

6box.me is an excellent free non restricted one but his host goes down from time to time
Jan 1, 2010
542 posts
576 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: Also apparently NewsDemon.com will match this price if you email them at match@NewsDemon.com
I'm currently with Frugal and this would be a better deal for me.

Between NewsDemon and UsenetServer which would be better?

EDIT: Just read up and its seem like they are on the same backbone.
Last edited by ninja_warrior on Jun 22nd, 2019 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 5, 2007
315 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
I'm already with newsdemon and have lifetime with windscribe so I just sent them an email and my plan was changed today.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2018 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
Something is happening to use net. These prices are unbelievable. It doesn't seem good. Same with the VPN companies. I have this feeling that, like PCs and NAS units, these are slowly fading away.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1499 posts
2391 upvotes
Hammonds
pmcd wrote: Something is happening to use net. These prices are unbelievable. It doesn't seem good. Same with the VPN companies. I have this feeling that, like PCs and NAS units, these are slowly fading away.
Yeah it's called bittorrent and in my experience Usenet is unable to touch it. Why pay money to wait longer to get stuff?

I have a wait for Usenet delay but bittorrent still actions because theres no sign of it anywhere even paid Usenet trackers 2 hours after its on BT. People aren't filling Usenet anymore, not like a couple decades ago plus take downs are fully automated and happen in minutes. In many cases most things just never show up, and others they are broken from the start. Even file lockers have propagated it to several homes within 2 hours and things like RD have been historically cheaper and are just as fast or faster. Oh yea, you also need to buy Usenet indexers which keep going up and up in cost right before they disappear. That's just my take on it, maybe they changed focus on what makes them money or the actual data use for a yearly user has fallen along with storage and bandwidth pricing.
Dec 3, 2004
206 posts
32 upvotes
Thanks OP.

Great deal and perfect timing as my newsgroup direct monthly recurring was set for tomorrow so cancelled that and signed up with usenetserver. I was originally with usenetserver for $10 / month then newsgroup direct had the $4/month deal so switched and now this is a bigger steal (with vpn). I had no issues with usenetserver when I was a member.