Expired Hot Deals

[UsenetServer] 12-month unlimited plan $20 ($1.67 USD/month) + VPN included - lifetime subscription

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2019 2:33 am
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
55 posts
23 upvotes
can someone briefly explain what the hell newsdemon and these other things are? and further what is usenet and what its used for ?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4574 posts
1469 upvotes
Kingston
Vercingetorix wrote: can someone briefly explain what the hell newsdemon and these other things are? and further what is usenet and what its used for ?
The first rule of Usenet is, you don't talk about Usenet.

Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
1094 posts
1628 upvotes
Rollingsound wrote: Would this make a good compliment to a newsgroupdirect account?
A few days ago? No. Since July 2nd? Maybe. UsenetServer uses an Omicron backbone, just like NewsGroupDirect did pre-July 2. Now NewsGroupDirect is transitioned to its own quasi-backbone, albeit backfed by its co-owner's other independent backbone: UsenetExpress. Having another independent backbone is a great thing for all, but NewsGroupDirect is just spooling up atm. So again.... maybe. I'd suggest supporting NGD while they are spooling regardless as this space needs as many independent, non-Omicron backbone providers as possible. At these crazy prices I'd suggest price matching an account with Omicron based NewsDemon (via the super cheap ThunderNews deal @ $25 / 18 months or this threads deal for $20 / 12 months if you're feeling generous). That way you're supporting Greg and co who own both NewsDemon and NewsGroupDirect while getting articles from 2 (3ish) different backbones (Omicron, UsenetExpress and NewsGroupDirect). These dudes have killer support and service and deserve as much business as possible.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4421 posts
1315 upvotes
Holy cow, usenetserver's VPN is way faster than windscribe for me.
Also I was supposed to be on lifetime with windscribe and newsdemon but they just sent me a notice regarding 'renewal' at normal price.
Thanks OP, this is a sweet deal
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2003
2358 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Even though I hardly use Usenet any more, I find the VPN is pretty decent for my needs. I was paying more through Newsdemon.

For $20/year, I'm happy.

Thanks, OP
Remember: We elect the government we deserve.
Sep 19, 2016
14 posts
13 upvotes
Did anyone manage to get decent torrent speed and to seed behind this VPN? i contacted their support and they told me they do not off port forwarding from their end.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
1671 posts
231 upvotes
Mississauga
Totoriko wrote: Holy cow, usenetserver's VPN is way faster than windscribe for me.
Also I was supposed to be on lifetime with windscribe and newsdemon but they just sent me a notice regarding 'renewal' at normal price.
Thanks OP, this is a sweet deal
Pete Jones wrote: Even though I hardly use Usenet any more, I find the VPN is pretty decent for my needs. I was paying more through Newsdemon.

For $20/year, I'm happy.

Thanks, OP
Yup, and they have Android and iOS VPN clients too. US Netflix works with this VPN (I tested NY server). BTW, this deal has expired.
Nov 28, 2013
405 posts
238 upvotes
WellHung wrote: Yea, they only have 3 servers, US, EU, and wherever the other one is, from a VPN standpoint its useless. The latency for one. For usenet, if you don't download every file on the net better just buy blocks, they don't require a subscription. I bought 2TB block for about $10, 2y in I still have about 1.5TB.

And then buy a real VPN lifetime sub for about $30 from stacksocial.
Which VPN plan on Stacksocial is the best one? The KeepSolid plan is highly rated.