Site Comments & Suggestions

Locked: User banning and thread locking

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 7th, 2018 12:33 pm
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
4743 posts
641 upvotes
yes titaniumtux you had the "right" to lock the thread according to the rules ...
but since nobody was complaining/reporting I would think that the community was "ok" with this thread ?
BTW the rule like "trolling" can be easily applied to almost every thread I wonder if you did deleted any "despicable nastiness" before I noticed ?

so my suggestion to the mods/admins is to ease up on those "rules" unless there is a some sort of nastiness , name calling , illegal staff etc. ...
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
321 posts
60 upvotes
lubmar wrote:
Mar 6th, 2018 9:30 am
yes titaniumtux you had the "right" to lock the thread according to the rules ...
but since nobody was complaining/reporting I would think that the community was "ok" with this thread ?
BTW the rule like "trolling" can be easily applied to almost every thread I wonder if you did deleted any "despicable nastiness" before I noticed ?

so my suggestion to the mods/admins is to ease up on those "rules" unless there is a some sort of nastiness , name calling , illegal staff etc. ...
Did seem a little inflammatory :p
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1904 posts
603 upvotes
Brampton, ON
lubmar wrote:
Mar 6th, 2018 9:30 am

How do you know the community does not have an issue with it? Perhaps it's come to a point where racist trolls will just be racist trolls and so people ignore those threads like me.

Just because you and a handful of bigots want a free ride in a thread does not mean the community at large is okay with it.

I personally just got bored of calling people out in OT because it's kinda pathetic how warped people's views are lol. I suggest you make an account on another website where your kind run free.

Edit: mods what's the latest on that idea of creating a subforum for political/religious/racist talk??
Sep 27, 2003
9522 posts
2259 upvotes
Newmarket
flyingnurse wrote:
Mar 6th, 2018 5:52 pm
Edit: mods what's the latest on that idea of creating a subforum for political/religious/racist talk??
This is with the admins for review. @TomRFD any update?
RFD Forums Moderator
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
11388 posts
20564 upvotes
Scarborough
WorldIRC wrote:
Mar 6th, 2018 9:29 pm
This is with the admins for review. @TomRFD any update?
If everything goes according to plan it'll be up next Thursday. A sticky informing users in OT of the change will be up later this week.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Sep 27, 2003
9522 posts
2259 upvotes
Newmarket
TomRFD wrote:
Mar 6th, 2018 9:41 pm
If everything goes according to plan it'll be up next Thursday. A sticky informing users in OT of the change will be up later this week.
Great news, thank you
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1904 posts
603 upvotes
Brampton, ON
TomRFD wrote:
Mar 6th, 2018 9:41 pm
Great, thanks
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
4743 posts
641 upvotes
flyingnurse wrote:
How do you know the community does not have an issue with it? Perhaps it's come to a point where racist trolls will just be racist trolls and so people ignore those threads like me.

Just because you and a handful of bigots want a free ride in a thread does not mean the community at large is okay with it.

I personally just got bored of calling people out in OT because it's kinda pathetic how warped people's views are lol. I suggest you make an account on another website where your kind run free.

LOL ! flyingnurse ... insults and name calling ... good job Winking Face
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
2211 posts
304 upvotes
In another world
flyingnurse wrote:

I bet many threads in that subforum will be locked.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
4743 posts
641 upvotes
gontori wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 10:07 am
I bet many threads in that subforum will be locked.
in the "political/religious/racist talk" sub forum ? ... lol at the sub forum name ...
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
4743 posts
641 upvotes
thread: Locked: Family of an Indian man shot dead in Kansas, say Donald Trump's immigration agenda is spreading racist sentiment (video)
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/family-i ... 2083262/3/

wonder why locked ...
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14223 posts
1089 upvotes
lubmar wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 11:27 am
thread: Locked: Family of an Indian man shot dead in Kansas, say Donald Trump's immigration agenda is spreading racist sentiment (video)
family-indian-man-shot-dead-kansas-say- ... 2083262/3/

wonder why locked ...
I'd say probably the same old bickering that started off right from the first reply.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Sep 30, 2001
27527 posts
6576 upvotes
Toronto
I think people's concerns have been voiced. Should the Admins wish to comment they can add to this thread. As it stands now it's just turning into a pile on second guessing every thread which has been locked or actioned.
Sep 27, 2003
9522 posts
2259 upvotes
Newmarket
MrDisco wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 12:27 pm
I think people's concerns have been voiced. Should the Admins wish to comment they can add to this thread. As it stands now it's just turning into a pile on second guessing every thread which has been locked or actioned.
More information will follow when the new sub-forum is created along with the rules to go along with it.
RFD Forums Moderator