User ‘maritrunks’ and his Amazon/Best Buy giftcards for offer

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2018 11:51 am
[OP]
Jun 21, 2006
21 posts
2 upvotes

User ‘maritrunks’ and his Amazon/Best Buy giftcards for offer

Just warning ppl in case this is a scam in the works to multiple RFD users.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/wts-ama ... #p28803709

Earlier today I sent user “maritrunks” payment for $200 worth of Amazon giftcards to maditrunki@gmail.com and then he replies hours later through PM that his RFD account was hacked and to “please ignore his post”.

His feedback ratings were all positive - needless to say, I can’t help but feel like I got scammed by the user himself but will give the benefit of doubt and am currently trying to resolve with him - will keep everyone updated.
4 replies
[OP]
Jun 21, 2006
21 posts
2 upvotes
Want to also clarify - he was very responsive throughout sorting the details of potential transaction and we exchanged at least 10+ PM’s - had this really been a ‘hacker’, they would have very likely just provided me an email to send the funds to immediately after the first PM in a race to get payment before the true owner of the account discovered they were hacked - does anybody have any personal dealings with this user and/or know how I could find him?
[OP]
Jun 21, 2006
21 posts
2 upvotes
User maritrunks and his supposedly hacked but now ‘recovered’ rfd account has been reading my pm’s with no response which confirms this is a scam - user has been given plenty of opportunities to sort this out. Please do not buy these giftcards from him.

I will be posting his photo and personal details tomorrow (email, phone #, etc.) - any ideas on what I can do next to get my money back before I report all his details to the police?
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
2804 posts
491 upvotes
Toronto
Hi boyhuot,

I'm not sure what happened. I think my account got hacked and some one has posted something under my account. I have changed my password last night. I will contact RFD admins to find out the IP address of the "Amazon gift card" post that I been getting pms about. Also my email is not maditrunks@gmail.com, that's not even close so do not send any thing to that email

Sorry about all this, I just found out that my account got hacked and I'm worried myself
[AMD Ryzen 3 1200 | Gigabyte GA-A320-SCH | Ballistix 8GB DDR4 2400 | Toshiba 1GB & Patriot Burst 128GB | Gigabyte GTX 1050 OC | CM N200]
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2210940205.png
Feedbacks:
Ebay
HoFo
Heatware
Temp. Banned
Jan 30, 2008
228 posts
18 upvotes
Vaughan
I was dealing with Maritrunks from RFD yesterday as well! my account was then compromised and whoever was using his name began setting up deals with other users for gift cards (Sorry other RFDers!).

RFD needs to implement 2 factor authentication to avoid this kind of situation.