Computers & Electronics

User friendly iptv for old people

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2018 1:31 pm
Jun 11, 2013
69 posts
15 upvotes
TheSix
You can always use a launcher program to make the icons bigger and easier to access.
I just bought one for my parents and they really liked it.
Having the IPTV on all day.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20341 posts
9164 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
DIrty-D wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 11:58 pm
My parents are 100% non technically savvy bless their hearts. They need something super easy to use unfortunately.
Mag box or an android box running stb emulator

Only thing is when they complain that their $10 a month service that provides 2000 channels freezes or is down 3% of the time, you’ll have to provide them with a reality check.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
2634 posts
681 upvotes
DIrty-D wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 10:53 am
My parents are with Rogers. They are paying upwards of $160 a month for basic cable, home phone, and really terrible internet, 15 down 1 up I believe and 150gb cap.
I would like to completely scrap Rogers, sign them up on one of these popular 75/10 internet packages by carrytel or cannet. I them plan to put them on comwave for their phone or get rid of the home phone altogether and port their number to a really cheap void service.

I am tired of calling Rogers to renegotiate their plan every few months, I am just so sick and tired of Rogers and Bell.

My biggest hurdle is the TV. I have zero iptv experience.
My dad likes to watch european channels and soccer, my mom really doesn't care, shes happy with History or Discovery type channels.
So is there an iptv service that is fairly reliable that wont have me going back to their house to reconfigure anything? I just want them to have a tv box thats trouble free.
I really need to get them off Rogers for good.
doesn't sound like you are chinese, right?
if you were, there are a few very reliable options like italkBB
Sep 26, 2007
455 posts
35 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Hi there,
I am in the same boat. Trying to sway my parents to looking at IPTV as dad watches mainly EU soccer and mum watches only Asian channels on the odd time.
Trying to figure out this IPTV thing...
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
1409 posts
609 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jmichou wrote:
Mar 16th, 2018 12:42 pm
Hi there,
I am in the same boat. Trying to sway my parents to looking at IPTV as dad watches mainly EU soccer and mum watches only Asian channels on the odd time.
Trying to figure out this IPTV thing...
All I can say is.. Just read the thread on "Best IPTV service" from start to end..lol
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!