Shopping Discussion

Using Air Miles for Shell Gas

• Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2017 2:38 pm
Feb 21, 2011
3 posts
HARRISTON

Using Air Miles for Shell Gas

Day-tripping in Barrie/Orillia area this summer and I wanted to find Shell Gas stations that accept Air Miles for gas purchases (up to $50 per day per AMs new restrictions).
Emailed customer service to ask for a list of stations in the whole province that accept Air Miles as payment, since we might head to Ottawa. Got back this response:
"Thank you for contacting he Shell Custsomer Service .
My sincere apology for delaying in replying to your email , we are currently experiencing a backlog .
It is true what you are saying , not all Shell stations participate in Airmiles programme.
The 2 companies are Mac’s stores and Flying J, unfortunately we do not have a list of stations that does not [sic] participate in Airmiles."

Along with the poor grammar, spelling and sentence structure, this was not much help except I now know that Mac's Stores associated with Shell (and Flying J) mean no Air Miles for gas deals. Does anyone know if there is a specific list of Shell stations that accept Air Miles, or do I just have to call ahead? Thanks.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
There is search function on shell.ca showing 7 Shell stations in close proximity in Barrie. Not clear if they include Flying J, but it is not that you need to drive far out of your way to check them and ask before you fill up.
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10057 posts
6148 upvotes
akaManny wrote: There is search function on shell.ca showing 7 Shell stations in close proximity in Barrie. Not clear if they include Flying J, but it is not that you need to drive far out of your way to check them and ask before you fill up.
Better yet, find the stations you want to go and phone them to ask.