• Aug 1st, 2015 12:20 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 23, 2006
1800 posts
374 upvotes

Using Bell Modem on ElectronicBox

Just wondering if anyone had experience using a Bell Modem on ElectronicBox.

I had an old Bell modem lying around and instead of ordering a new modem I decided to use this one. But I am not sure if it will work after talking with the CS reps. I am installing a new service, been cancelled with Bell since more than 5 years.

It is an old Thomson ST516 V6 modem.

Thanks
5 replies
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7398 posts
1338 upvotes
syntex101 wrote: Just wondering if anyone had experience using a Bell Modem on ElectronicBox.

I had an old Bell modem lying around and instead of ordering a new modem I decided to use this one. But I am not sure if it will work after talking with the CS reps. I am installing a new service, been cancelled with Bell since more than 5 years.

It is an old Thomson ST516 V6 modem.

Thanks
The ST516 will work with Teksavvy or ElectronicBox if your internet plan is still ADSL2+ under 24Mbps down/1.5Mbps up, but the thing is BHell never issued the Thomson ST516 !
Deal Addict
May 23, 2006
1800 posts
374 upvotes
EdT586 wrote: The ST516 will work with Teksavvy or ElectronicBox, but BHell never issued the Thomson ST516 !
Awesome thanks! I can't think of any other company though do you know which company might have issued this? We got this like a long time ago so maybe I am remembering it wrong. :D
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7398 posts
1338 upvotes
syntex101 wrote: Awesome thanks! I can't think of any other company though do you know which company might have issued this? We got this like a long time ago so maybe I am remembering it wrong. :D
Teksavvy sold and recommended the Thomson ST516, they are one of the best ADSL2+ modems.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2006
1800 posts
374 upvotes
EdT586 wrote: Teksavvy sold and recommended the Thomson ST516, they are one of the best ADSL2+ modems.
Ah ok then I guess I must have been with them at one point then! Does that mean it should be ready to go? Teksavvy don't lock their modems right?
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7398 posts
1338 upvotes
syntex101 wrote: Ah ok then I guess I must have been with them at one point then! Does that mean it should be ready to go? Teksavvy don't lock their modems right?
If you purchased the modem then they are seldom locked ...it's your modem !

You will have to enter the new username and password ElectronicBox issued you either in your WiFi router for Bridge mode or via the modem's user's interface through your web browser: http://192.168.1.254 if you are using it as a Router/Modem:

If you are using it with a wireless router then if should be in Bridge mode VPI/VCI 0.00
If you are using it without a wireless router then if should be in Routed PPP mode VPI/VCI 0.35

http://www.speedtouch.ca/bridgemode.php