• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2019 1:23 am
[OP]
Dec 18, 2017
159 posts
17 upvotes

Using Micro SD card with samsung galaxy phones

Here is the problem/requirement.
I have samsung galaxy S9 phone (one slot for SIM& Micro SD card).
On the other hand, i have a car Dash Cam which stores its pics/videos to a micro SD card attached.
So everytime i want to see that pics/videos in my phone, i need to switch off phone, insert SDcard, switch on again, etc.
This is a tedious process i guess.

Just wondering if there is any kinda adapter or some mechanism which allows me to transfer SD card contents to my mobile without having to depend on same SIM slot? Of course other than going thru a laptop....

Thx in Advance
8 replies
Banned
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8485 upvotes
GTHA
smartnew wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 11:54 pm
Here is the problem/requirement.
I have samsung galaxy S9 phone (one slot for SIM& Micro SD card).
On the other hand, i have a car Dash Cam which stores its pics/videos to a micro SD card attached.
So everytime i want to see that pics/videos in my phone, i need to switch off phone, insert SDcard, switch on again, etc.
This is a tedious process i guess.

Just wondering if there is any kinda adapter or some mechanism which allows me to transfer SD card contents to my mobile without having to depend on same SIM slot? Of course other than going thru a laptop....

Thx in Advance
Get a Type C OTG Memory Card Reader Adapter that can plug into your S9

UGREEN USB C SD Card Reader, USB 3.1 Type C OTG Memory Card Reader Adapter SD TF Dual Slot for Macbook Pro, Samsung Galaxy S9, S9 Plus, S8 Plus Note 8, Google Pixel XL 2XL, LG V20 V30 G5 G6, Nexus 5X 6P, Moto Z (Black)
https://www.amazon.ca/UGREEN-Reader-Ada ... otg+reader
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2018
1232 posts
827 upvotes
SFO <==> YYZ
Just do a search for "usb c micro sd" on Amazon and you'll get a list of results.
[OP]
Dec 18, 2017
159 posts
17 upvotes
Ok, just found out that OTB connector supplied with phone can be connected to another usb with SD slot. Let me try to grab that one from a local electronics store...
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
3646 posts
845 upvotes
GTA
Your S9 should have come with a USB OTG adapter. You can use that to mount an SD card.

S9 Phone < USB OTG < SD card reader < SD card

Just remember to unmount it through the Storage settings when you're done with it and want to pull it out

ok yeah, looks like you've already figured it out. This works well.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4174 posts
381 upvotes
Scarborough
Just curious, as long as you unmount (assuming no critical apps stored on the card), can't you pop out the sim/SD without having to turn off the phone?
I haven't had a phone with external storage since the pre-razr so figured I'd ask before I accidentally break my note9 :P
I would think having to remove the case as well to be tedious (at least its annoying on my wife's otterbox), then looking for a paperclip
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
3646 posts
845 upvotes
GTA
pnyknights wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 3:46 pm
Just curious, as long as you unmount (assuming no critical apps stored on the card), can't you pop out the sim/SD without having to turn off the phone?
I haven't had a phone with external storage since the pre-razr so figured I'd ask before I accidentally break my note9 :P
I would think having to remove the case as well to be tedious (at least its annoying on my wife's otterbox), then looking for a paperclip

Yeah, no need to turn the phone on and off. Just unmount.
Aug 17, 2018
160 posts
68 upvotes
pnyknights wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 3:46 pm
+1 on order samsung devices its the same u are suppose to unmount first.