Page 1 of 1

Using Primus VOIP on Wireless Router

Posted: Mar 31st, 2005 10:41 am
by ruwaydr
Anyone know how to set it up so wireless internet access still works?

Re: Using Primus VOIP on Wireless Router

Posted: Mar 31st, 2005 11:08 am
by CoinSaver
I just plug the VoIP box into the router.

Posted: Mar 31st, 2005 11:23 am
by willy
Yeap, cable/DSL modem -- wireless router -- VoIP box -- phone

Posted: Apr 1st, 2005 4:16 am
by Rick
My wireless router is located in the basement along with the cable modem. My dad wants to setup a VoIP phone for his computer upstairs which currently uses a wireless network card for internet access. Is this possible?

Sure

Posted: Apr 1st, 2005 4:48 am
by Gee
Rick wrote:My wireless router is located in the basement along with the cable modem. My dad wants to setup a VoIP phone for his computer upstairs which currently uses a wireless network card for internet access. Is this possible?
The easiest thing to do, is plug the VoIP router into your wireless router in the basement. Then get a cordless phone and plug that into your VoIP router.

Just make sure you get a 900 MHz phone so it will not interfere with your wireless router at 2.4 GHz

Posted: Apr 1st, 2005 8:01 am
by willy
Gee wrote:The easiest thing to do, is plug the VoIP router into your wireless router in the basement. Then get a cordless phone and plug that into your VoIP router.

Just make sure you get a 900 MHz phone so it will not interfere with your wireless router at 2.4 GHz
This is my exact setup ! Yeap, there is no 2.4GHz devices in my home ... Only 900Mhz and 5.8GHz ...

But if you put the cordless phone base unit at the basement, you will have to recharge your cordless phone handset at the basement as well. This may not be the most convenient thing to do. I eventually move my VoIP box to the main floor along with the cordless phone base unit.

Just my C$0.02 ...

Posted: Apr 1st, 2005 3:55 pm
by Rick
Thanks for your help!
I didn't even think of that. Duh. :)
Gee wrote:The easiest thing to do, is plug the VoIP router into your wireless router in the basement. Then get a cordless phone and plug that into your VoIP router.

Posted: Apr 3rd, 2005 1:52 am
by yjzeng
Hi,

I'd like to apply the primus talkband service. Can anyone help me to get the refer credit ($15)? Simply, you can just pm me your name & primus account number. By helping me, you also get $30 credit. Thanks!

Jimmy

Posted: Apr 3rd, 2005 3:19 am
by yjzeng
yjzeng wrote:Hi,

I'd like to apply the primus talkband service. Can anyone help me to get the refer credit ($15)? Simply, you can just pm me your name & primus account number. By helping me, you also get $30 credit. Thanks!

Jimmy
Thanks for Rehan who send me a pm. I will use his info to apply!

PM me too

Posted: Apr 22nd, 2005 10:34 am
by speedyturtle
I am going to sign up for Primus TBB, for any existing subscribers, give me your name and number and both will get refer credit

Posted: May 6th, 2005 4:13 pm
by Eldorado
willy wrote:This is my exact setup ! Yeap, there is no 2.4GHz devices in my home ... Only 900Mhz and 5.8GHz ...

But if you put the cordless phone base unit at the basement, you will have to recharge your cordless phone handset at the basement as well. This may not be the most convenient thing to do. I eventually move my VoIP box to the main floor along with the cordless phone base unit.

Just my C$0.02 ...
Why not do this and have your VoIP service sent to all jacks in your house? (wire up a new phone jack in the basement)

Router - > VoIP box - > phone jack

Assuming the rest of the jacks in the house are on the same line, this will work as all jacks are connected to a central point either inside or in a box on the outside of the house, the signal will be sent throughout and you can plug a phone into any one