Cell Phones

using tablet data only plan in smartphone.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2017 10:50 am
[OP]
Oct 25, 2016
37 posts
42 upvotes

using tablet data only plan in smartphone.

Does anyone using tablet data only plan in smartphone.
I would like to use tablet data only plan in smartphone combined with Fongo for VOIP for coming calls.
Want to know experience form anyone who is using similar setup ?
16 replies
Jan 25, 2010
36 posts
37 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Please move this to "Discussions".
Nov 1, 2009
462 posts
61 upvotes
You posted in the wrong section OP.
Search in the Cellphone section you'll get the answer your looking for in there.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1265 posts
343 upvotes
blessedbypotato wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 4:26 pm
I would like to use tablet data only plan in smartphone combined with Fongo for VOIP for coming calls.
I use Fongo on a Moto E4 as a "home phone" using wifi (no cell plan at all). It works fine, calls are clear. One gripe is voicemails are definitely on the slow side, typically arrive 5 to 10 minutes after the call. Another thing is it doesn't work for SMS authentication, but it does work for voice/call authentication.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1397 posts
287 upvotes
Ottawa
Yes it works. For Bell , Rogers and Freedom Mobile. Never tried Telus and Fido but it should work too.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Sep 2, 2017
137 posts
72 upvotes
Canada
Op never go full potato 🥔
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
3766 posts
647 upvotes
Brampton ON
blessedbypotato wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 4:26 pm
Use the search area then you will find the answer.
Thank you for your generosity EY CG LJ
Shaw - Freedom Mobile
Virgin Mobile

Jan 2, 2015
118 posts
43 upvotes
Yep, wrong forum but.

I used Fongo for a year on Fido's network : terrible quality, it was full of noise for the person I was calling. I ended returning to prepaid to be sure to receive important calls and using Freetone when I want to call for free (never had a quality issue with them).
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2013
4257 posts
485 upvotes
NORTH YORK
secretliar wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 5:20 pm
Yep, wrong forum but.

I used Fongo for a year on Fido's network : terrible quality, it was full of noise for the person I was calling. I ended returning to prepaid to be sure to receive important calls and using Freetone when I want to call for free (never had a quality issue with them).
Freetone is actually textmeup.
I believe you can use your pc browser (textmeup.com) to log on your freetone id (plus password of course). And you should see all your contacts and previsous sms discussion there with zero advertisement.
Daniel

Fido $15 3Gb plan
free TextmeUp SMS/MMS/incoming call
May 8, 2009
2226 posts
709 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
danieltoronto wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 5:47 pm
Freetone is actually textmeup.
I believe you can use your pc browser (textmeup.com) to log on your freetone id (plus password of course). And you should see all your contacts and previsous sms discussion there with zero advertisement.
@danieltoronto on 13th post? I'd have thought he'd be within the first five to reply on this topic :lol:
Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
Home service reseller internet + FPL + antenna with streaming on smart TV
Wireless 1 line w/ Virgin on QC plan, few lines w/ Koodo to get phones, couple FreedomPop SIM's for roaming