Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 6, 2014
897 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Using VOIP.ms number for whatsapp

Using VOIP.ms number for whatsapp . Is this possible?
27 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2006
2410 posts
149 upvotes
letmesee wrote:
Jan 15th, 2016 5:47 pm
Using VOIP.ms number for whatsapp . Is this possible?

Why not? They have code by voice

"If you do not receive your code via SMS after five minutes, you will see the call me option. If you select this option and do not receive the call, make sure that you do not have any form of call screening turned on, and confirm with your mobile provider you can receive phone calls."

Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
44124 posts
3225 upvotes
Toronto
sandeeS wrote:
Jan 15th, 2016 6:07 pm
Why not? They have code by voice

"If you do not receive your code via SMS after five minutes, you will see the call me option. If you select this option and do not receive the call, make sure that you do not have any form of call screening turned on, and confirm with your mobile provider you can receive phone calls."

[IMG]https://www.whatsapp.com/img/faq/en/wp/ ... d82f33.jpg[/MG]
The call doesn't go through.
Sep 20, 2013
425 posts
97 upvotes
GTA
Don't know about voip ms, but I've been using fongo numbers with whatsapp without any problems.
Sorry....yesterday was the deadline for all complaints.
[OP]
Oct 6, 2014
897 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Whats the best way to try this without uninstalling the current one on my phone lol
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2653 upvotes
Vancouver
I know they won't allow a Google Voice number. The key for WhatsApp seems to be that they need to be sure that it's a phone number tied to a real person, because their goal is to build a portfolio of personal information tied to a real person.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
44124 posts
3225 upvotes
Toronto
GTAian wrote:
Jan 15th, 2016 6:30 pm
Don't know about voip ms, but I've been using fongo numbers with whatsapp without any problems.
I tried this recently, it was a huge hit or miss. I was on a cooldown (30 minutes, 12 hours, 24, 48, etc) for multiple days after trying too many attempts at the "call me" feature. Then eventually the call went through and i was able to reactivate my WhatsApp account.
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
12727 posts
2751 upvotes
Toronto
JamesA1 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2016 6:58 pm
I know they won't allow a Google Voice number. The key for WhatsApp seems to be that they need to be sure that it's a phone number tied to a real person, because their goal is to build a portfolio of personal information tied to a real person.
I did have problems with using a new Google Voice number recently. I do have an old account on a GV number that will works fine. Luckily most of my devices are rooted and so I just reinstall via titanium backup so that I can use the same account across multiple hardware. Stupid whatsapp should make it easier to do this, not harder.
Oct 24, 2013
462 posts
90 upvotes
Ontario
Works without a problem. Pick a # which is sms capable.

I m getting txt msgs forwarded to my cell and use a VoIP.ms app (3rd party from a great guy from the gta) to send sms and to admin my accounts.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
1026 posts
83 upvotes
Fongo said SMS verification works if you purchased their SMS plans.

"Fongo allows free incoming SMS but we do not allow SMS or phone verification for services such as WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram, LINE, WeChat, Craigslist, eBay, imo, etc. Users who have an active paid SMS subscription are able to receive these activation codes, as long as they are not sent as short codes."
Short Codes are shorter "phone numbers" just for SMS / MMS
Mar 25, 2006
866 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
story wrote:
Mar 7th, 2016 10:48 pm
Fongo said SMS verification works if you purchased their SMS plans.

"Fongo allows free incoming SMS but we do not allow SMS or phone verification for services such as WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram, LINE, WeChat, Craigslist, eBay, imo, etc. Users who have an active paid SMS subscription are able to receive these activation codes, as long as they are not sent as short codes."
Short Codes are shorter "phone numbers" just for SMS / MMS
Could someone please confirm this? I am worried about
" as long as they are not sent as short codes"
part
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
1026 posts
83 upvotes
bingo_jake wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2016 4:06 pm
Could someone please confirm this? I am worried about part
Are you doubting the info on Fongo's website?