None
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2946 posts
186 upvotes
bingo_jake wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2016 4:06 pm
Could someone please confirm this? I am worried about part
really? why should people confirm that for you? Fongo is free. Just buy for one month package for $2-3 and check. Confirmation Problem solved.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Dec 28, 2006
149 posts
5 upvotes
GTAian wrote:
Jan 15th, 2016 6:30 pm
Don't know about voip ms, but I've been using fongo numbers with whatsapp without any problems.
How were u able to do this? Did u forward your phone to a LAN line? Thanks
coolMan78
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
8032 posts
2360 upvotes
coolman78 wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2017 10:19 pm
How were u able to do this? Did u forward your phone to a LAN line? Thanks
No. They just paid for SMS. If you pay, SMS verification codes work for whatsapp with Fongo Mobile.

If you don't pay, they won't work.
Please do not PM me for assistance unless it's to reply to a PM I sent. I try to help when I can on the forums. Thank you. OBi200/202 Freephoneline setup guide can be found here (v. 1.51x). Related OBi200 discussion can be found here. For OBi202, click here.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
8032 posts
2360 upvotes
mobifree wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2017 12:55 am
FONGO by SMS (it used to be by calls only before, but something has changed with WhatsApp allowing SMS verification to work for FONGO
Possibly Whatsapp stopped using short codes for verification.
Regardless, it's worked with Fongo Mobile for a year, provided you pay for SMS. Otherwise, Fongo Mobile blocks the incoming verification code for whatsapp.
https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/arti ... ifications
Please do not PM me for assistance unless it's to reply to a PM I sent. I try to help when I can on the forums. Thank you. OBi200/202 Freephoneline setup guide can be found here (v. 1.51x). Related OBi200 discussion can be found here. For OBi202, click here.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
18060 posts
4665 upvotes
I have a voip.ms number that's tied to WhatApp.
But it was confirmed like a year ago. No idea what's changed since then.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2484 posts
586 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Webslinger wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2017 1:15 am
Possibly Whatsapp stopped using short codes for verification.
Regardless, it's worked with Fongo Mobile for a year, provided you pay for SMS. Otherwise, Fongo Mobile blocks the incoming verification code for whatsapp.
https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/arti ... ifications
This is correct.
Whatsapp uses a 10 digit # to send out verification and it's arrived on virtually #s I've tested with FONGO and Nextplus.
I have yet to try TextNow (it didn't work before -- like an year ago).
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2603 posts
427 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Older thread but i'll update it anyway.

As of June 19, 2017 whatsapp will not send a verification code to a voip.ms number. The whatsapp app even says something like "Cannot send verification code to that number". But clicking the call me link right under it successfully called my voip.ms number and i got my code that way. no hassle.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2013
4171 posts
472 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Kevinck wrote:
Jun 19th, 2017 9:09 am
But clicking the call me link right under it successfully called my voip.ms number and i got my code that way. no hassle.
I do not see the rationale of doing this.
If user does not pay (say use) the #, it will be reassigned to somebody else who may use that # for Whatsapp registration. I have a friend using a Far East # for Whatsapp like this. One day another fellow just took over his whatsapp account
Daniel

Fido $15 3Gb plan
free TextmeUp SMS/MMS/incoming call
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2603 posts
427 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
danieltoronto wrote:
Jun 19th, 2017 10:28 am
I do not see the rationale of doing this.
If user does not pay (say use) the #, it will be reassigned to somebody else who may use that # for Whatsapp registration. I have a friend using a Far East # for Whatsapp like this. One day another fellow just took over his whatsapp account
My post was intended for people that have moved over to a 100% voip cellphone. Our only number is our voip.ms number. we just have issues with the whatsapp verification process due to most voip providers not properly receiving short code SMS or validation SMS messages.
Apr 11, 2012
113 posts
20 upvotes
Mississauga
VOIP numbers doesn't work for whatsapp verification and it doesn't give you call me option as well. I was testing it last week with Texnow number and didn't work.
Number has to attached with working SIM card so, either you can receive the text or call.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2603 posts
427 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
jaggu2001 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2017 2:27 pm
VOIP numbers doesn't work for whatsapp verification and it doesn't give you call me option as well. I was testing it last week with Texnow number and didn't work.
Number has to attached with working SIM card so, either you can receive the text or call.
This is exactly why i posted my comment. I've followed discussions in the past where fongo/voip.ms/other_voip people gave conflicting opinions on wether or not they could get the validation text or validation call to work. I just did this today so i thought i'd share specific information about VOIP.MS.

I downloaded whatsapp on android. I entered my voip.ms phone number for the validation code. it said it could not send the validation code. So i pressed the validation "call me". It rang my voip.ms number, i answered, i got the code, i typed it in.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2013
4171 posts
472 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Kevinck wrote:
Jun 19th, 2017 2:46 pm
This is exactly why i posted my comment. I've followed discussions in the past where fongo/voip.ms/other_voip people gave conflicting opinions on wether or not they could get the validation text or validation call to work. I just did this today so i thought i'd share specific information about VOIP.MS.

I downloaded whatsapp on android. I entered my voip.ms phone number for the validation code. it said it could not send the validation code. So i pressed the validation "call me". It rang my voip.ms number, i answered, i got the code, i typed it in.
Kudos to u. A lot of guys will take this route if they want to save some money in ditching a carrier SIM.
I and my family nonetheless are addicted to the Fido plan I recently got ($20 zone free call+100 SMS).
Now data unlike voice call is king anyway
Daniel

Fido $15 3Gb plan
free TextmeUp SMS/MMS/incoming call
Oct 19, 2017
1 posts
Just activated my WhatsApp using my Voip.ms number. The SMS didnt go through when I had the country set to Canada (I have a 514 number) but when I changed it to US it worked. I got my SMS immediately with the code and activated the account.