Shopping Discussion

USPS Order still stuck since December 5th???

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2014 9:55 pm
Tags:
Dec 28, 2014
255 posts
328 upvotes
Victoria, BC

USPS Order still stuck since December 5th???

I'm having a problem with this EBAY order i ordered on December 5th. I haven't had problems like this before but i ordered something from a seller and he said he shipped it on December 5th but it's still stuck in Pennsylvania it seems and it's been a long time now...i figured it would've at least reached customs by now but the canadapost tracking says it hasn't received the order yet.

Do you think something might've happened to this package after this long??

USPS Tracking™

Image of a progress bar displaying In Transit status in-transit
Product & Tracking Information
Postal Product:
First-Class Package International Service
Features:
Delivery Confirmation International
DATE & TIME
STATUS OF ITEM
Departed Post Office
TEMPLE, PA 19560
Your item has left our acceptance facility and is in transit to a sorting facility on December 5, 2014 at 5:02 pm in TEMPLE, PA 19560. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.
December 5, 2014 , 1:35 pm
Picked Up
TEMPLE, PA 19560
December 5, 2014 , 3:46 am
Shipping Label Created
TEMPLE, PA 19560
December 4, 2014
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS
8 replies
Nov 28, 2007
560 posts
248 upvotes
Etobicoke
I've had the same issue ordering something from TheOatmeal.com

All my previous orders shipped just fine and the tracking number worked to my doorstep. Now my latest went from their shipping centre (The Oatmeal) Rockport WA, travelled to Kent WA on Dec 2nd, and hasn't moved since. I've had to contact customer service and they claim they do not offer tracking Internationally, but they clearly do from US to Canada. They told me to wait 2 more weeks and then contact them again.

It's super frustrating and I don't think this is normal at all. I think something may have happened to it and you may want to contact the seller to submit an inquiry with USPS as only the sender can do so.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2050 upvotes
Toronto
Can't really say for sure but, I would imagine with added volumes of packages that entered the system prior to Christmas, there are sure to be instances where they simply stopped scanning, to update the whereabouts of the package, in order to improve processing speeds.

Hopefully the shipper packaged the product properly and it was not damaged and awaiting being processed by mail clerks.

Also hope it's simply a backlog and you eventually get your package.

Because of the lack of scanning to update the package location, doesn't mean it has been stagnant.

Might be at the Canadian border and the backlog is there.
Aug 4, 2014
491 posts
53 upvotes
North of GTA
It might be damaged and Canada Post / USPS has it sitting around. I have not used Ebay for a few years. Canada Post damaged something I ordered and they had it sitting around for so long before they sent it to me. I sent it back to the seller at my expense and he probably claimed the insurance and never reimbursed me. Ebay did not care. They did not let me leave negative feedback because it was longer than 60 days.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
Go use the tracking number on Canada Post's website.
Dec 28, 2014
255 posts
328 upvotes
Victoria, BC
thanks for the replies, i did actually contact the seller last week and he said that if nothing develops in this week then i should contact him again but i'm getting anxious here cause it's been over 2 weeks now and with no movement it makes me wonder what's going on. it's just a stuffed toy too, it's not even a fragile item. i did check the usps on the canada post site but it just say it received the notice but did not receive the order yet either...i've never seen anything get stuck this long in customs before if it's there..
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
3019 upvotes
keenland
mdb1983 wrote: thanks for the replies, i did actually contact the seller last week and he said that if nothing develops in this week then i should contact him again but i'm getting anxious here cause it's been over 2 weeks now and with no movement it makes me wonder what's going on. it's just a stuffed toy too, it's not even a fragile item. i did check the usps on the canada post site but it just say it received the notice but did not receive the order yet either...i've never seen anything get stuck this long in customs before if it's there..
i have had a 30 day hold...it was 30 days plus the shipping time...at that time it was for a customs breach...someone had mailed me cash..$50 usd..and a card we were trading..they opened it, they called me and i informed it was supposed to be a money order, they sent everything including cash in the end.
Aug 30, 2005
389 posts
238 upvotes
Most likely the volume of packages + some other delays.

You can see mine as example.

December 23, 2014, 2:22 am, Allen Park MI US Package has left the carrier facility
December 23, 2014, 12:47 am, Allen Park MI US Package arrived at a carrier facility
December 12, 2014, 11:04 am, Novi MI US Package arrived at a carrier facility

Novi MI to Allen Park MI is 30 minutes drive but took USPS 11 days to move my package. Once it get there it did moves much quicker though. Delivered to my US mailbox on 27th.
Dec 28, 2014
255 posts
328 upvotes
Victoria, BC
oh ok. but you're in an american address right? i read that americans had no problems getting their packages on time with usps but mine has to cross the border first to canada and into customs..but i also read that it has to reach a sorting facility to an american state closer to the border before it finally reaches customs too..i'm just surprised that it's moved this slow. i thought mail traffic moved faster during the holiday season :|

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)