Shopping Discussion

USPS Priority Mail International (Florida to Toronto) - How long will it take?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2008 3:10 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 16, 2007
82 posts
1 upvote

USPS Priority Mail International (Florida to Toronto) - How long will it take?

Ordered something that was shipped using USPS Priority Mail International. Any idea how long it'll take to reach me in Toronto, if it was shipped from Florida?
8 replies
[OP]
Sep 16, 2007
82 posts
1 upvote
Yeah, I noticed that. Anyone else have any first-hand accounts? Has it ever arrived sooner than 6 days?
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
4043 posts
140 upvotes
Peterborough
I usually receive my pacakges in about 6 business days. Sometimes 7. I find that First Class Mail takes the same time and it's cheaper. Sometimes I receive First Class Mail even in 5 business days, so I try to avoid paying for Priority.
PSN ID: SaabFanatic
Dec 31, 1969
It's really hit and miss.

I order stuff from Monoprice in California and it gets to me in Vancouver in two days generally and they ship First Class mail, I have no clue how it gets here so quickly but it's happened three times now.

Other stuff, shipped Priority isn't as fast. I am still waiting for something that was shipped via USPS Priority from Baton Rouge, LA. That was June 17th, it is now the 25th...

Good luck!
Mar 15, 2006
379 posts
17 upvotes
I bought something from Arizona to Vancouver that was shipping with Priority, It arrived at Canadian Customs in like 2-3 days and sat there for like 5-6 days before it was processed and released to Canada Post, took 11 days in total to arrive.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2005
3072 posts
96 upvotes
Mississauga
I've ordered something from New York and is shipped via USPS Priority Mail International on Monday to Mississauga. Checked tonight and just cleared customs. Maybe the package will be delivered today or tomorrow. So just in perspective, the time line is pretty much 6 - 10 business days.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
2708 posts
139 upvotes
Mississauga
The cheaper First Class shipping is better than Priority? :lol:
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
202 upvotes
one thing to always relise though with postal service, especially in the summer:

Sometimes people make mistakes when sorting parcels. I.E something for Alberta goes to Ontario, vice versa, and takes a little bit longer to get to the final destination.

This happens more in the summer i've noticed since it gets slower - keeps the postal workers "busy"
× < >