Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1686 posts
784 upvotes
Waterloo

USPS Tracking Hasn't Updated in 7 Days

I realize that it was just a long weekend however I would expect to have seen some movement in the package or at least an update recently.

Forgive me if this is normal. I have no experience with USPS.

Thanks for any help.
Living in Ontario and Looking to save money on groceries? Check out my Grocery Flyer Highlight Thread Here!
16 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2524 posts
59 upvotes
USPS tracking can be like that. It typically takes 2 weeks to get packages shipped using USPS.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2008
2677 posts
310 upvotes
Newmarket
one of my package statues did not update for about 5 days either... then all of the sudden it showed up at my door. lol.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
5371 posts
355 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
What's the destination?

If it's in transit across the continent it might not get updated for a while.
There's a sucker born every minute.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1686 posts
784 upvotes
Waterloo
Southern Ontario is the destination.

The seller on Ebay told me that "7-10 days is regular for my postal code". I can only assume that this is business days I guess.

Still weird to me though. Usually when I use UPS I get a series of checkpoints letting me know where my package is.
Living in Ontario and Looking to save money on groceries? Check out my Grocery Flyer Highlight Thread Here!
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2008
2677 posts
310 upvotes
Newmarket
Baconator wrote:
May 25th, 2010 3:34 pm
Southern Ontario is the destination.

The seller on Ebay told me that "7-10 days is regular for my postal code". I can only assume that this is business days I guess.

Still weird to me though. Usually when I use UPS I get a series of checkpoints letting me know where my package is.

it's always business days
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2004
1231 posts
19 upvotes
You can try sticking the tracking number into canadapost's website. You might get a more updated status.
Dec 8, 2005
501 posts
15 upvotes
I was just in this boat and it was horrible. I didnt get an update for 10 days...
heres the tracking number for reference
CJ24 0314 609U S
be patient, it will arrive.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1686 posts
784 upvotes
Waterloo
Vitulla wrote:
May 25th, 2010 8:36 pm
I was just in this boat and it was horrible. I didnt get an update for 10 days...
heres the tracking number for reference
CJ24 0314 609U S
be patient, it will arrive.
Damn that's rough...10 days without an update is brutal. I guess mine isn't so bad then. I'll expect the next update when it hits canada. Mine will probably be even longer though because of the May 2-4.

Damn you USPS...I broke my resistance bands on day 14 of P90X and now the work is lost because of how long t's taking you!! :evil:
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2009
1254 posts
28 upvotes
I buy/sell shoes with USPS tracking and they are usually updated at least every two days or so, that is weird. They probably are somewhere in customs, no need to worry.
Aug 17, 2003
632 posts
9 upvotes
Baconator wrote:
May 25th, 2010 4:31 pm
Canada Post gave me nothing. Tracking number could not be found.
from what I've found this means that it's at customs and hasn't left. Once a USPS package enters Canada, I usually get much more frequent updates from CanadaPost.

If it left the NJ facility and there's no updates, it's my best guess that it's stuck in customs.

Last package I ordered had a similar situation. No update for a while, an update when it "entered" customs and very quick updates on the customs status and shipping afterwards.

My guess is they had a backlog and don't scan on arrival to customs, but scan it later, so the package is just sitting there.
Aug 9, 2009
610 posts
354 upvotes
Vancouver/New York
I think it's normal. Every tracking I get from USPS is like that, always the "Info submitted" one. I've never seen it up-to-date like UPS or CanadaPost or others. Don't worry, it doesn't update for me ever but I've always received my shipments on time.
Aug 7, 2009
798 posts
3 upvotes
Its normal, USPS tracking system is crap but they r one of the very reliable and preferred carriers ironically compared to UPS and FEDEX, especially when buying internationally
× < >