Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Utopia Kitchen 430 Grade Stainless Steel Knives Set (11 Knives plus Acrylic Stand) Only $38 + free shipping!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2017 1:39 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
4608 posts
1077 upvotes
North York

[Amazon Canada] Utopia Kitchen 430 Grade Stainless Steel Knives Set (11 Knives plus Acrylic Stand) Only $38 + free shipping!

Utopia Kitchen 430 Grade Stainless Steel Knives Set for 62% off!

Includes:
8 inch chef knife with 2.5 mm blade thickness
8 inch bread knife with 2.5 mm blade thickness
8 inch carving knife with 2.5 mm blade thickness
5 inch utility knife with 2.5 mm blade thickness
3.5 inch paring knife with 2 mm blade thickness
6 pieces of 4.5 inch steak knives with 2 mm blade thickness
Beautiful Acrylic Stand for convenient storing

* Conservative blade thickness and elite design allow for easy handheld use
* 430 grade stainless steel design adds to convenience through easy handheld use
* These knives are a solid one piece stainless steel design so you don't have to worry about handles falling off

Highly recommended on Amazon.com as well as other review websites.
19 replies
Oct 8, 2011
116 posts
415 upvotes
Some of the US reviews say it rusts easily. Have to wash and dry immediately to avoid this.
May 29, 2006
574 posts
111 upvotes
Thanks OP I will give these a try .... in for 1 set

The reviews on .com were pretty darn good
Mar 13, 2015
5 posts
3 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Thanks OP! I needed a new knife set :)
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
1552 posts
321 upvotes
Ottawa
phoreoneone wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 6:21 pm
Some of the US reviews say it rusts easily. Have to wash and dry immediately to avoid this.
I thought stainless steel resisted rusting pretty well. ...like it doesn't even stain. I've had dollar store stainless steel that doesn't rust. This must be worse than bottom of the barrel.
Nov 3, 2010
263 posts
104 upvotes
eugene188 wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 12:38 am
I thought stainless steel resisted rusting pretty well. ...like it doesn't even stain. I've had dollar store stainless steel that doesn't rust. This must be worse than bottom of the barrel.
Yep that's the weird part. Their description mentions stainless steel then immediately advises that you wash and dry immediately after use.
Then again, if you can't expect anything great from a $30 knife + block set.
Jun 26, 2009
45 posts
11 upvotes
These are not 62% off; they float around 25usd on .com and were 45cad on .ca

Cold deal.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
4608 posts
1077 upvotes
North York
Sample review from 3rd party (https://www.simplybestof.com/best-kitchen-knife/) suggested that some people have their Utopia knives rusting because they put them into dishwashers even though specifically instructed not to do so. Stainless steel rusts when sitting in water for prolonged periods of time. People have the same complaints on the more renowned Chicago Cutlery Fusion set. If rust spots do appear, Utopia recommends soaking the kitchen knives in lemon juice, which allows the acid to loosen the rust and make it easy to scrub away, or scrub rust spots with steel wool.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
3633 posts
367 upvotes
A lot of times, you can't trust Amazon reviews. Why? Because people are stupid. A lot of problems are not due to a shoddy product, but because of user error. And stupid people are very vocal, ie. they go and write negative reviews.

Go into the reviews of any cast iron or carbon steel item, and you will find people complaining that it "rusted after first use" when they decided to leave their pan underwatee in the sink overnight.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2274 posts
536 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
WhatADeal! wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 1:13 am
Sample review from 3rd party (https://www.simplybestof.com/best-kitchen-knife/) suggested that some people have their Utopia knives rusting because they put them into dishwashers even though specifically instructed not to do so. Stainless steel rusts when sitting in water for prolonged periods of time. People have the same complaints on the more renowned Chicago Cutlery Fusion set. If rust spots do appear, Utopia recommends soaking the kitchen knives in lemon juice, which allows the acid to loosen the rust and make it easy to scrub away, or scrub rust spots with steel wool.
I use my cheapest of the cheapest knife in dishwasher daily and I still don't see any rust on it. And I only use one knife for all.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2011
1224 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
stumbled across this deal, seems pretty hot to me.

anyone needing a knife set or to give as a gift, this could be it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)