Off Topic

V-Day Gesture to Non-Partner Sexual Assault ?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2018 7:30 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
9925 posts
1400 upvotes
Toronto

V-Day Gesture to Non-Partner Sexual Assault ?

Given today's climate, would any old fashioned act of V-Day be considered sexual misconduct? In the old days, if you had a crush, might send them a little treat, flowers, card, I dunno, ask them out. The standard allowed one to make the bold move without feeling as imposing as one would normally would. But today, if a girl doesn't like the guy and didn't want those advances, they can say it is considered crossing the line whether the guy knew it in advance or not. It could leave the guy feeling like he committed a crime nowadays.

Maybe just shift it to a Universal day of Love for everybody.
9 replies
Jan 10, 2009
615 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
I thought this thread was something about victory day and the victory sign. Was confused and now disappointed.
Penalty Box
Mar 20, 2009
1285 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
at1212b wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 8:31 am
Given today's climate, would any old fashioned act of V-Day be considered sexual misconduct? In the old days, if you had a crush, might send them a little treat, flowers, card, I dunno, ask them out. The standard allowed one to make the bold move without feeling as imposing as one would normally would. But today, if a girl doesn't like the guy and didn't want those advances, they can say it is considered crossing the line whether the guy knew it in advance or not. It could leave the guy feeling like he committed a crime nowadays.

Maybe just shift it to a Universal day of Love for everybody.
In the future, we will celebrate v-day through mad passionate non-consensual love with sex droids.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
3479 posts
365 upvotes
Ottawa
I think you're confusing sexual harassment with sexual assault....
Banned
Dec 20, 2017
23 posts
Wow some people are overreaching this. Sexual harassment is the continued unwanted comments, in a harassing manner. Even if you ask someone out and they don't want that, unless you beg, which I would argue is a bad move anyway, you will be ok.

Mar 5, 2006
754 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
I could see..."Your chocolate almost killed me! I'm suing you!" Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
4992 posts
1600 upvotes
Kingston, ON
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 8:46 am
No kidding... wow...
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
1594 posts
458 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 8:46 am
Some days there doesn't seem to be a difference.

Along the same line of thinking, I recall from several months ago a news report that a woman had stated she was sexually assaulted several hundred times in a single day.
It seems this university girl kept track of every time a guy looked at her, and considered each one to be a sexual assault.
Diversity is Our Burden