• Sep 16th, 2018 10:17 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 22, 2009
956 posts
467 upvotes

Vacuum/Blower Recommendation?

I am trying to kill a couple birds with 1 stone here.

1. I’m in the market for a blower to blow grass off the sidewalk when done mowing.

2. I need a new shop vac to blow out the lines to close my pool. (Needs a vac and blower option).

I’ve seen a few ShopVacs that have detachable blowers. I’m curious if these are useful or if I should buy a separate Blower and a ShopVac?

Any recommended ones?
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6079 posts
743 upvotes
I've had a Ridgid 5 HP vacuum for about 10 years and the thing is great at vacuuming. It also has the capability as a electric blower and last year for the first time I tried it out doing that. It was pathetic, and dragging the electric cord around was a nuisance, especially when I had to add an extension cord to it to get the extra distance. I gave up on that idea and this year I went out and bought a small Hitachi gas powered blower. It works great for general yard work, far superior to the vacuum. This winter I'll try it out for blowing light snow cover off steps and sidewalks. I've seen some of my neighbors doing this. (only works for dry not sticky snow) For blowing out water lines I thought that something more powerful like a compressor would be needed.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
8475 posts
748 upvotes
Toronto
I have the Toro Leaf blower vacuum mulcher. Worked very well for 3 years so far. I have tons of Maple leaf trees with millions of leaves.

It mulches very well. Reduces the volume by a lot. It says like 70-80% reduction. So much easier to bag when it's mulched up.

Wait for a sale, you can get on for less than $100
https://www.amazon.ca/Toro-51619-Ultra- ... ref=plSrch

I also bought a Green Works brand cheaper one but it's suction is not as good as the Toro
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2007
4744 posts
1550 upvotes
Paris
Easto wrote:
Sep 15th, 2018 12:26 pm
I am trying to kill a couple birds with 1 stone here.

1. I’m in the market for a blower to blow grass off the sidewalk when done mowing.

2. I need a new shop vac to blow out the lines to close my pool. (Needs a vac and blower option).

I’ve seen a few ShopVacs that have detachable blowers. I’m curious if these are useful or if I should buy a separate Blower and a ShopVac?

Any recommended ones?
I have a shop vac that does this. Works great, except I hate the cord.
Gbill2004: Thanks but I'll just smell the couch before/if I buy it.

jonnyb: I go in there like PICASSO and toss the glue everywhere, I don't care what house I'm on.
[OP]
Aug 22, 2009
956 posts
467 upvotes
Thanks for the input.
Much appreciated

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)