Tags:
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1072 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
nasa25 wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 3:58 pm
no it means you can only have one device that is mac address based (think mag boxes and dreamlinks). The rest of your devices would have to be android boxes that have kodi/perfect player/another m3u driven program installed. For these boxes you would use a username and password as opposed to a mac address.

so lets say you're sharing it with 2 other people

user 1 has a mag box - 1 IP, 1 connection, 1 mac address
user 2 has a shield and a mibox - 1 IP, 2 connections via username and password (say the shield is running vader via iptv simple client and the mibox is running it via perfect player)
user 3 has a fire tv and another random android box - 1 IP, 2 connections via username and password
Sweet man, thanks for the info :)
signature removed for rule violations
Mar 3, 2005
24 posts
2 upvotes
Hi I also messaged you but haven't herd from u yet.
Apr 27, 2017
17 posts
1 upvote
Hey thanks for the info. Is there difference between using mac address vs username and password ... in terms of quality or content?
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
3669 posts
471 upvotes
Oakville
so wait, you can't hook this account up to 3 seperate dreamlink boxes?
11 Bell Lines w/ 180GB shared, Unlimited Canada Wide Minutes (2 with Unlimited N.A Calling & Roaming) $720 / month ($65.45 each, 16.36gb each shared)
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
17973 posts
6070 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
kayos777 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 7:37 am
Hey thanks for the info. Is there difference between using mac address vs username and password ... in terms of quality or content?
Nope. Just different ways of accessing the same content
Last edited by nasa25 on Feb 6th, 2018 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
deleted to keep the site family friendly. Was about copping sick fadez.
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
17973 posts
6070 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
x-batman wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 9:23 am
so wait, you can't hook this account up to 3 seperate dreamlink boxes?
Nope unless you have 3 separate accounts. Only way you can use a Mac based app on multiple devices is if you have an emulator (like stb emulator) and set the MAC address to be the same for every device. But then you can only stream from one of the devices at a time. Mags and dreamlinks aren’t emulators so you can’t change their MAC address though.
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
Dec 26, 2013
6 posts
Saskatoon
I’m interested. I just trialed Vader and love it. I haven’t really been a poster much on these sites. I am in a group pass for shell car wash but that just started. Are these things illegal? I can’t find any info on this as it’s very grey. Why would someone need a VPN if they are not?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1122 posts
791 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Vader is great, roommate has been using it for a year!

How are you guys going to group share though? I thought it it was 3 connections/per 1 IP.... Multiple IPs would get you banned, no?
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
17973 posts
6070 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
5 connections max using 3 IPs

Used to be 10 connections max with 3 IPs
RIP sick fadez.
Jun 13, 2013
129 posts
15 upvotes
Ottawa
If one is using a VPN, how does that work with regards to IP? My understanding is that an IP is always changing when using a VPN service?
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
17973 posts
6070 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
don't use a vpn
RIP sick fadez.
Jun 13, 2013
129 posts
15 upvotes
Ottawa
nasa25 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 2:58 pm
don't use a vpn
Ummm..... Yeah, no thanks! :-\
Deal Addict
May 23, 2003
2146 posts
230 upvotes
Damn it I didn’t know about this service
Anyone starting a new group or slot available?
If so pm me! :)