10 upvotes
Edmonton

Value Village 50% off sale

*ALL CLOTHING, SHOES, ACCESSORIES, AND ITEMS TAGGED BED AND BATH

Monday,
November 15
7 a.m. - 9 p.m.

Nov. 15 sale offer valid in Canada stores only.
*Sale excludes new merchandise (red tags), books,
and items tagged housewares or furniture.
48 replies
[OP]
Mar 24, 2006
109 posts
10 upvotes
Edmonton

Monday, February 7
7 a.m. - 9 p.m.

Feb. 7 sale offer valid in Canada stores only.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2008
1060 posts
105 upvotes
Durham Region
Awesome...love these deals, thanks OP
Feb 18, 2008
374 posts
243 upvotes
I like these sales too. Before I go, I dress up like a freak, and don't shower for 3 days. Then I fit right in.

My Value Village shopping experience is mirrored by this website:

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?page_id=9798

Whevever I go I see many fat welfare moms with 5 kids from different daddies, lots of immigrants who barely speak English, and freaky people who walk with a limp. But I still like it !!
Apr 11, 2007
574 posts
66 upvotes
Montreal
marksoju wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2011 12:09 am
I like these sales too. Before I go, I dress up like a freak, and don't shower for 3 days. Then I fit right in.

My Value Village shopping experience is mirrored by this website:

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?page_id=9798

Whevever I go I see many fat welfare moms with 5 kids from different daddies, lots of immigrants who barely speak English, and freaky people who walk with a limp. But I still like it !!

Talk about discrimination!!,

anyway, IMO anything that's from these shopping places are NOT hot
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
2108 posts
102 upvotes
Regina
People think they're getting a good deal there. But you're really not. Hear me out, you're buying used clothes, most of which have less than half the life left for half the price. RFD should understand this. This simply turns in to the same value you get vs buying new.

Plus, don't you guys think there's something just gross about wearing other peoples used clothes? Skid mark boxers for anyone?
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2004
2510 posts
168 upvotes
a few years ago I was out of town on vacation and did not pack any dress clothes. Something came up and required me to wear a suit (3 weddings, a funeral, I don't recall) Anyway, after looking at Sears, Moores the usual suspects in the area I spotted a Value Village. Figured what the heck, maybe I could snag a decent blazer at a cheap price. Went inside, found a nice dark double breasted gabardine wool suit, the pants were even the perfect length. It looked like it might have been worn once. Cost was about $30. I still have the suit and still wear it. I know there's lots of junk at these stores, but there are sometimes high quality gems that someone donated and because the were de-cluttering. Maybe you can find a $300 Canadian made winter coat for $20 that needs a $20 zipper...this is RFD after all.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4430 posts
149 upvotes
antichrysler wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2011 10:24 am
People think they're getting a good deal there. But you're really not. Hear me out, you're buying used clothes, most of which have less than half the life left for half the price. RFD should understand this. This simply turns in to the same value you get vs buying new.

Plus, don't you guys think there's something just gross about wearing other peoples used clothes? Skid mark boxers for anyone?

I know someone who is an avid Value Village shopper and has found tons of deals from them. That includes at least 4 pairs of those raw denim jeans or whatever they are (those designer ones that retail for like $300) in brand new condition for less than $20. Same goes for some designer/dress shoes.
Dec 12, 2005
611 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
antichrysler wrote:

It really depends on the VV location and it's a hit or miss because someone might just donate new clothes out of the blue.

Not everything is used...I found a new pair of extremely warm winter boots, tags still attached, no scuffs on the bottom for $3.99! Great for the salty winter and can throw away without regret if it gets damaged :)

It's also fun to see all the things that have gone obsolete. You can find pretty amazing antique electronics to decorate your place!
Jun 30, 2010
3 posts
2 upvotes
Owen Sound
antichrysler wrote:

For those who think they are too hoity-toity to wear used clothing, think about this. Whenever you go to a restaurant, you are putting used spoons and forks that hundreds of people have slobbered all over, albeit washed, into your mouths. Think about that before you bash wearing used clothes. I for one have been shopping at VV for years and absolutely love it. There are great deals to be had as long as you know what you are looking for.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
3441 posts
202 upvotes
Markham
Mach1024 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2011 11:44 pm

Monday, February 7
7 a.m. - 9 p.m.

Feb. 7 sale offer valid in Canada stores only.

No books? too bad. I almost bought all of my books(except textbooks) there and donated back. another good place to buy a cheap book is library. You always can find a lot good book at 1 dollar. But VV always have some new books.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1677 posts
227 upvotes
The Salvation Army is much better than Value Village and the proceeds go to charity.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
6027 posts
968 upvotes
Mississauga
You may also find new clothing with the tags and price still on it from Sears etc at Value Village, I know this since I went there one day when I was about to undercoat my car and didn't want to ruin the jeans and shirt I had. I spent about $6.00 for a new shirt and jeans and was lucky enough to be at this 50% off sale. Wife took the tags off, washed them and by the time I had finished the POR 15 undercoat the shirt and pants couldn't be saved so I threw them out.
Jan 15, 2007
430 posts
32 upvotes
If you have some luck, you can find some great deals. Once in awhile they have some great stereo equipment from the seventies.
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2007
4204 posts
58 upvotes
Winnipeg
i found a pair of fake oakley's there for $1 once..
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
My Flickr
× < >