Value Village: Are the prices too high?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2017 5:26 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 24, 2017
17 posts
6 upvotes
Prices are lower at regular stores during end of season clearance sales.
brown
ugly
curry
Jul 22, 2017
22 posts
8 upvotes
Burnaby
Used to be a good place to go for cheap seasonal costumes and decoration 10 years ago. But now it's too expensive.
- If everyone in the world were like you, what would the world be like?
May 14, 2013
323 posts
231 upvotes
Edmonton
PointsHubby wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 9:44 pm
NO WORDS. Truly speechless

Your post says so much more than you ever imagined.

Clearly a good reason WHY I will not set foot in the place
I mean this was a good 15 years ago... So I'm sure it has changed much since then...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8286 posts
1505 upvotes
London
BambooMonster wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 10:23 am
I mean this was a good 15 years ago... So I'm sure it has changed much since then...
Do you mean VV or your gitch?
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10814 posts
1457 upvotes
City of Vancouver
PointsHubby wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 11:28 am
Once upon a time...

Thrift shops were filled with usable items that the "better off" handed off cause they no longer needed them (a form of pay it forward / pass it on). There was no "benefit" (money) to the gifter, just the feeling that they had done ok in life, and was sharing their over abundance "of stuff"

Now it seems EVERYONE wants in on the action.

Something for nothing (out of the goodness of one's heart) has become a money making venture....
It's about pickers, ebay/kijiji/Craigslist, "Storage Wars", making money without paying income tax... And, the world of modern day hunter-gatherer resellers is not limited to used items.
May 14, 2013
323 posts
231 upvotes
Edmonton
Ottomaddox wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 11:38 am
Do you mean VV or your gitch?
VV... My gitch is fine and dandy, thank you very much... As I said before... I threw out the nasty one right away anyways... The one's that I did keep I bleached them over twice for good measure. They were perfectly fine... REALLY.
Dec 10, 2013
24 posts
3 upvotes
Went to buy an outfit for my daughter for the upcoming Mud Hero. Used George brand shorts were $6.95. I don't spend that much when they are new from Walmart. I won't be back
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10814 posts
1457 upvotes
City of Vancouver
BambooMonster wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 2:02 pm
VV... My gitch is fine and dandy, thank you very much... As I said before... I threw out the nasty one right away anyways... The one's that I did keep I bleached them over twice for good measure. They were perfectly fine... REALLY.
I think u need an intervention. Unless u r homesteading in Edmonton, there's no reason why u can't fork out money on brand new underwear, unless u r the type who has no qualms using the services of street prostitutes.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
3013 posts
273 upvotes
savercanuck91 wrote:
Aug 18th, 2014 3:19 am
I still check out Value Village to see if I can score on some old Pentium-era (90s-2000s) desktops. Definitely worth it for just $10-15.

Why would you say that? Those are worthless.