Value Village Canada Save 50% Off November 19th

Deal Link:
Savings:
50%
Expiry:
November 19, 2018
Retailer:
Value Village
Value Village is having a 50% off sale on November 19th, 2018. Included in this sale: clothing, shoes, accessories, bed, bath.
*Sale excludes new red tagged items.
Offer valid from 7am until close at 9pm on November 19th, 2018.
Images
  • Photo 2018-11-13, 1 13 13 PM.jpg
Last edited by wgenelrahc on Nov 15th, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
36 replies
Nov 8, 2012
430 posts
223 upvotes
London, ON
does this mean Sunday the 18th is sale day for club members?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5598 posts
9379 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
stilltippin wrote:
Nov 15th, 2018 1:29 pm
I would think so but I didn't get the usual email from their Super Saver Club.

Edit; Received the email about the member sale today
Last edited by pathfinder35 on Nov 16th, 2018 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 1, 2017
113 posts
78 upvotes
RaptorsLeafsBlueJays…
Anyone else ticked how they clip the ties for display? Right smack dab in the middle of the tie which leaves it crinkled. What a joke.
Do or do not. There is no try. --Yoda
Triumph starts with a "try" and ends with an... "OOMPH!" --Memphis and Mumble
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1970 posts
1581 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
stilltippin wrote:
Nov 15th, 2018 1:29 pm
Yes. I spoke with the cashier today. 18th is for club members. 19th is for everyone else. I'm hoping some stuff won't be picked out as I was hesitant to get some stuff today knowing that the 50% is in a few days. Hid a few items and hope they will be there when I return.
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1970 posts
1581 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
I'm curious, how fast is a returned item put back on the racks/shelves? Like I know there is a 7 day return policy if you don't remove the stickers or tags for same day in store credit.

What I'm thinking is ....so, if you bought something a couple days ago just to secure the item you wanted then go back, return the item, then wait around watching the staff move the item back to the racks/shelves then get the item back and repurchase it at 50% off.

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2010
1026 posts
511 upvotes
ottawa
thedealhunter2000 wrote: I'm curious, how fast is a returned item put back on the racks/shelves? Like I know there is a 7 day return policy if you don't remove the stickers or tags for same day in store credit.

What I'm thinking is ....so, if you bought something a couple days ago just to secure the item you wanted then go back, return the item, then wait around watching the staff move the item back to the racks/shelves then get the item back and repurchase it at 50% off.
This is some next level deal hunting. I actually haven't been to value village in years... Is there anything even good there ?
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1970 posts
1581 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
barqers wrote:
Nov 16th, 2018 11:17 pm
This is some next level deal hunting. I actually haven't been to value village in years... Is there anything even good there ?
There is always something to find there. I recommend routing up 1-2 or 3 stores per trip. Like not just Value Village but other thrift stores as well in the area.

Understand that Value Village is a for-profit business and not a non-profit business. They do take donations which is why people think they are non-profit for some reason without knowing. As I understand it (unless by info is wrong then please let me know) Value Village buys surplus clothing from stores by weight and mixes that in with the sales of donated items which is why you will see from time to time brand new items with tags.

If you enjoy the outdoors you can always find good stuff in the cookware section. Some people think that just because a pan is all tarished up on the outside and not all spotless and shiney it is not good. Case in point, a year or two ago I was driving around my area and spotted a large not warped heavy guage and bottom Revere Ware pot. Must have been IDK 12-15qts on the curb. As I approached the curb I saw someone coming out of the home so I asked the guy if the pot was given away from free and this young guy said IIRC it was his wife or girlfriend that didn't like the tarnished look on the bottom of the pot. I checked the pot and it was 18/8 stainless with copper plated bottom. Any that knows copper knows it will tarnish over time. They also had some blackening on it from what I assumed spill overs that burned on.

My understanding is the pot was a hand me down but that guys wife/girlfriend didn't know the quality and just went by the looks or just did not know how to care for the pot. Vinegar + paper towel soaking removes the tarnish. Also if you don't want to soak you can elbow grease it for faster results at the cost of a sore/worked out arm and a course green pad. Not that dollar store stuff but the stuff from Home Depot in the paint aisle that is very course/rough and use light to moderate pressure. A really course scrubbing pad can make short work of burn/baked in stuff on the pot. Anyways scored an awesome pot which I use if/when I am making soups with.

You can also find some good stuff if you don't want to chance with some 100% wool or cotton items which may take on some shrinkage. Have someone else mess up by accidentally washing and shrinking it then when you try it and it fits you then now you will have a garment that is 'set' already. If you're into cycling or hiking you can find merino wool shirts cheap.

Penalty Box
Mar 7, 2011
3463 posts
1608 upvotes
Vancouver
barqers wrote:
Nov 16th, 2018 11:17 pm
I spent $5k there during 2015 :D
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2010
1026 posts
511 upvotes
ottawa
thedealhunter2000 wrote:
Nov 16th, 2018 11:41 pm
There is always something to find there. I recommend routing up 1-2 or 3 stores per trip. Like not just Value Village but other thrift stores as well in the area.

That's a good point thank you - I guess I have the same issue shopping there as I do winners and that's that my patience is low to just browse and look around. I usually have a hard enough time finding a size that fits than finding the right style and then in the size that fits on top of that. I may give it a shot again as I grow some patience :P
Mar 18, 2017
89 posts
160 upvotes
Gonna stock up on underwear and tooth brushes!
[OP]
May 27, 2016
57 posts
202 upvotes
Just remember to bring bags! Their bags are $0.10 and garbage!
Mar 22, 2018
65 posts
104 upvotes
The store near me in Waterdown doesn't use plastic bags anymore. You can now only buy paper bags.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1970 posts
1581 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
wgenelrahc wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 2:29 pm
Just remember to bring bags! Their bags are $0.10 and garbage!
What? I thought it was 5cents.