Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
5109 posts
3544 upvotes
Vancouver
bcbgboy13 wrote: No "official news release" from Fraser Valley REB but the official statistic is here:

http://www.fvreb.bc.ca/statistics/Package%20201301.pdf

Pay attention to the pages with 3 and 5 year YOY performance!

Jan/12
- 799 sales
- $471,769 average

Jan/13
- 617 sales
- $438,751 average

That's a huge blow to the Fraser Valley Market.

And ouch @ 5 year performance. Detached in Abbotsford -7.5%, and Mission -11.2%. So if you factor in inflation over those 5 years, anyone who bought in 2008 is in rough shape. Even the "top performing" areas, like White Rock and North Delta are worse than inflation. Condos are even worse. Every single condo is down on 5 year.
Banned
Mar 31, 2010
1948 posts
441 upvotes
rems wrote: So you want to compare the average monthly price that includes ALL properties to the average price for January that excludes the top 5 sales?
Funny how you accuse RE people of manipulating the stats yet you're doing the same to show there's a crash...
It's funny to see you agitated whenever I post bad news.
And rewarding because you are either connected with the RE industry or a flipper.

What I wanted was to compare the median prices.
Considering the low volumes of sales the very high end properties which were sold I expect the Jan 2013 data to be skewed by these.
What I do not expect is that you would ever understand or consider arguments like this since you are what you are.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2011
1724 posts
221 upvotes
RMB
rems wrote: So you want to compare the average monthly price that includes ALL properties to the average price for January that excludes the top 5 sales?
Funny how you accuse RE people of manipulating the stats yet you're doing the same to show there's a crash...
Well the treb is going to post the result in a few days, if there is a yoy increase just take away the top 5 sales, if there is still an increase after the top 5 is removed then take away another 5. Repeat this process over and over until you see the sign. Is funny that RE makes some people went cuckoo in the head.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9426 posts
456 upvotes
PF4RedFlag wrote: It's funny to see you agitated whenever I post bad news.
And rewarding because you are either connected with the RE industry or a flipper.

What I wanted was to compare the median prices.
Considering the low volumes of sales the very high end properties which were sold I expect the Jan 2013 data to be skewed by these.
What I do not expect is that you would ever understand or consider arguments like this since you are what you are.
There really must be something wrong with you. I don't know how many times I said that I have no interest in the RE market. I already own my home and not looking to sell, buy, invest or whatever else you want to associate with it.

If you wanted to compare the median, then go ahead and do that. But what you posted was comparing the average that includes the top x listings to one that does not contain the top 5. But instead you used that as "proof" that the market is crashing. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this "analysis" from someone who measures loss by comparing list price and prior list price to the sold price. Hahahaha
Banned
Mar 31, 2010
1948 posts
441 upvotes
rems wrote: There really must be something wrong with you. I don't know how many times I said that I have no interest in the RE market. I already own my home and not looking to sell, buy, invest or whatever else you want to associate with it.

If you wanted to compare the median, then go ahead and do that. But what you posted was comparing the average that includes the top x listings to one that does not contain the top 5. But instead you used that as "proof" that the market is crashing. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this "analysis" from someone who measures loss by comparing list price and prior list price to the sold price. Hahahaha
You can hahaha as much as you want but the situation is not going to change.
You are too insistent on this to be impartial. The same goes for the entire pack. You bulls are going to lose your balls or marbles this year.

You are going to be intoxicated by your own fumes like below
gizmo8 wrote: Why do you keep looking at actual sales as speculators purchases?...your assuming that all the condos in Toronto are owned by speculators.You dont know and I dont know, all your arguments is tied to investment properties.The population in the core has increased by almost 100,000 the last few years,here is a article by the left wing Star..http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2012/10 ... iving.html and they even said Toronto will get higher density which means more homes needed.Unless you expect to stay in your parents basement your whole life some people do buy condos as a home rather than a flipper unit.
Confronted with evidences and numbers he disappeared from the radar

http://theeconomicanalyst.com/content/s ... ing-demand

http://housing-analysis.blogspot.ca/201 ... rowth.html

I wonder why you as an impartial observer did not jump on gizmo8 to impertinently ask him to explain you his errors.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2010
5981 posts
2712 upvotes
PF4RedFlag wrote: You bulls are going to lose your balls or marbles this year.
And you're way ahead of all of us as you've clearly already lost your marbles. :facepalm:
Banned
Mar 31, 2010
1948 posts
441 upvotes
Conquistador wrote: And you're way ahead of all of us as you've clearly already lost your marbles. :facepalm:
Yeap but you are going to lose your money also.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2010
5981 posts
2712 upvotes
PF4RedFlag wrote: Yeap but you are going to lose your money also.
And you prove, yet again, that you're just not paying attention. :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9426 posts
456 upvotes
PF4RedFlag wrote: You can hahaha as much as you want but the situation is not going to change.
You are too insistent on this to be impartial. The same goes for the entire pack. You bulls are going to lose your balls or marbles this year.

You are going to be intoxicated by your own fumes like below

Confronted with evidences and numbers he disappeared from the radar

http://theeconomicanalyst.com/content/s ... ing-demand

http://housing-analysis.blogspot.ca/201 ... rowth.html

I wonder why you as an impartial observer did not jump on gizmo8 to impertinently ask him to explain you his errors.
Let me know if you need help figuring out how to calculate loss
Or how to make a proper comparison.

And sorry what are you trying to say about those population trends? Since 2003 it seems to be about steady in Ontario, hovering around 140,000 per quarter.
And what am I insistent on? That you can't compare an average that includes the highest values to one that excludes it? That you can't calculate loss based on list price or prior list price? Then yes I am very insistent on that! But please feel free to prove otherwise. Otherwise I'll just "hahahahhaa" to your "analysis"
Banned
Mar 31, 2010
1948 posts
441 upvotes
rems wrote: Let me know if you need help figuring out how to calculate loss
Or how to make a proper comparison.

And sorry what are you trying to say about those population trends? Since 2003 it seems to be about steady in Ontario, hovering around 140,000 per quarter.
And what am I insistent on? That you can't compare an average that includes the highest values to one that excludes it? That you can't calculate loss based on list price or prior list price? Then yes I am very insistent on that! But please feel free to prove otherwise. Otherwise I'll just "hahahahhaa" to your "analysis"

Well if you insist to look dumb keep asking dumb questions.
Here is what you do for this: you assume that I asked what you would like to believe that I asked.
After that you start pestering me with your stupid interpretation of my question. :lol:

That is why you never get answers and I ignore you as much as I can
Now go back to your sand box and be quiet.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2011
1724 posts
221 upvotes
RMB
PF4RedFlag wrote: Well if you insist you look dumb keep asking dumb questions.
Here is what you do for this: you assume that I asked what you would like to believe that I asked.
After that you start pestering me with your stupid interpretation of my question. :lol:

That is why you never get answers and I ignore you as much as I can
Now go back to your sand box and be quiet.
You post dumb things, I see no one agree with you or come out to defend you, may be you should go back to your sand box and be quiet.
Banned
Mar 31, 2010
1948 posts
441 upvotes
zilber wrote: You post dumb things, I see no one agree with you or come out to defend you, may be you should go back to your sand box and be quiet.
Can't you use your brain and invent your own ironies ? You are like kinder garden child just imitating ...or more like a monkey.
Many times I just quote other people and that is what gets your blood into your eyes. :-)
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4801 posts
450 upvotes
Toronto
adamtheman wrote: That's no surprise. It is you after all. And who said prices have increased YoY? Did you factor inflation into your calculation? What about realtor fees and land transfer tax? Lawyer/convenyancing fees? Seems to me, anyone who bought a home last year is in the red if they want to sell it today. That is, if they can sell it, given the lack of buyers.
lol.... I love this thread. Have to find someway to spin a price increase as a 'sky is falling' scenario...

Yes I agree... people who just bought their houses last year, and are looking to sell now - merely months later, will likely take a loss. A true albeit meaningless revelation, as I doubt there are many people doing that.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
5109 posts
3544 upvotes
Vancouver
gei wrote: lol.... I love this thread. Have to find someway to spin a price increase as a 'sky is falling' scenario...

Yes I agree... people who just bought their houses last year, and are looking to sell now - merely months later, will likely take a loss. A true albeit meaningless revelation, as I doubt there are many people doing that.
How about people selling after 5 years? Even worse. Prices are down 10% or more in some outskirts of Vancouver over the past 5 years. Don't kid yourself, most homeowners purchase a home while under the impression that it will go up 5-10% every single year. The shock is starting to set in now that this isn't the case. If you don't like Jan/12 to Jan/13 then feel free to compare Jan/11 to Jan/13. No price increase in 2 years.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2010
5981 posts
2712 upvotes
adamtheman wrote: How about people selling after 5 years? Even worse. Prices are down 10% or more in some outskirts of Vancouver over the past 5 years. Don't kid yourself, most homeowners purchase a home while under the impression that it will go up 5-10% every single year. The shock is starting to set in now that this isn't the case. If you don't like Jan/12 to Jan/13 then feel free to compare Jan/11 to Jan/13. No price increase in 2 years.
Most? Source, please.